open carry WalMart - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: open carry WalMart

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaKat View Post
    Attachment 9668 Dude, yer killin me! I've had my share of encounters with the law, including getting roughed up by a cop just because I wouldn't talk. I'm a former druggie, with a fairly nefarious past. Hell, I got sent to the principals office 32 times in one month in the 1st grade. I didn't get any better all the way through high school. All in all I just got lucky and never got busted for the serious crap that I really should have gone to jail for so my "Record" is clean. But I have to tell you this, I changed my wicked ways about 30 years ago. Not by finding the Lord or anything like that, (I'm an atheist actually), but through an association with a really good guy that my mother was fortunate enough to marry. He showed me the other side of life. I've been clean and sober for around 30 years now and reasonably law abiding since then as well. But you can believe me when I tell you, I've met met the business end of cops PLENTY of times.

So here I am today, 54 years old, dirt poor, handicapped and in poor health, just trying to keep my head above water. But in living in a small town, (Reno) for the last 20 years, you run into a lot of cops. I found out the same thing about them that I did about black people, by and large, they're good folk just like me. (My father was a bigot. You can imagine my shock when I found out he lied to me about black folks and a TON of other things.) The more cops you get to know personally, the more you find out about them professionally.

• First: Most are as honest as a day is long. Just like me.
    • Second: They don't like overbearing, abusive cops anymore than you or I do.
    • Third: They have an exceptionally dangerous job that often puts them in close proximity to really bad people that are more than willing to fight to the death rather than go to jail. I stay away from those kind of people.
    • Fourth: They want our streets to be safe, just like you and I do. The difference is, everyday they get into a patrol car and go out and actually do something about it. You and I, keyboard cowboys that we are, don't.
    • Fifth: Every single cop I've ever met just wants to get home to their families at the end of the day. I carry a gun in public for my own self defense because at the end of the day, I want the same exact thing.

So my point is, those cops that tingle your spidey sense so much, well, they is us. They're good folk. Not all of them, but most. Given what they go through everyday, they're a hell of a lot gooder folk than I am. I don't know how they do it. That some are bad is just a fact about every segment of society. (I was working in a base exchange one day when security busted an old lady for shoplifting. Turned out she was the wife of an active duty, full bird colonel. Didn't have money problems, just liked the thrill of knicking the odd trinket.

Might I be too trusting? Dude, I carry a friggin gun. Obviously I'm not THAT trusting of anyone.

Cop groupie? Nope, not by a longshot. But I do appreciate what cops do and I respect them for doing it. I make it a point to give em a wave whenever we pass on the street. I think they put up with enough friction from the criminals and the non criminals like you that think they're criminals. But I've never ever hung out with a cop, nor have I tried to.

Give em a free pass because of a badge? Our regional law enforcement group is forming a citizens advisory panel to address citizen complaints against the police. I have asked to be on that committee. Not only will I not be giving cops a free pass, I'll be part of the hammer that falls on dirty cops. But I WILL defend good cops against BS complaints lodged by the public. That's another thing that amazes me about cops. This kind of crap happens to them all the time, yet they still go to work everyday.

What I do is go out everyday and I embrace life to the fullest. I'm the guy that leaves everyone I meet with a smile. Doing that makes my life richer. I gotta tell ya, I like my life so much more now than I did when I was an angry young man. And if while I'm merrily skipping down the street, (a metaphor I assure you), I happen to encounter evil, I'll put two Ranger T +P 45's in its chest without hesitation. I'm no fool.

Like I said earlier in the thread, you strike me as a person that retreats to the shadows. You're signature speaks volumes. Step into the light my friend. You'll be happier, people will like you more, and you'll get a great tan.
    Great post and well said. You speak the truth my friend.

Does it matter? I could read it fine, im not a grammer police tho,,lol.
    I open carry here in Mo. Have been for several wks now,never had any issues,,,, yet.. A few look Lou's, but that's it. Also I called the local pd, and sherrif, no troubles there, and in mo u dont even have to have your weapon registered.

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketgeezer View Post
    WRGAF
    ????????????????
    We really give a ****?
    West riot gearheads are fruity?
    Wiffed raunchy gassy ass farts?

Not sure but that's a few guesstimates :p
    If it doesn't fit, FORCE it! If it breaks then it needed to be replaced anyway.

WRGAF = Who Really Gives A "F"
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Quote Originally Posted by gejoslin View Post
    WRGAF = Who Really Gives A "F"
    You got it Bud, LOL
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

When ***** started rolling downhill in the Army, there was the acronym BOHICA for those at the bottom of the food chain.

open carry WalMart

I know that one! I'm waiting on my ccw to come back, but the main reason I don't oc is sue to the size of my hi point pistol

Quote Originally Posted by jd_mitchell View Post
    I know that one! I'm waiting on my ccw to come back, but the main reason I don't oc is sue to the size of my hi point pistol
    I certainly understand that, however also due to the size of your weapon CC would be almost as bad as OP, at the very least uncomfortable..........I would seriously start planning the purchase of a little better quality weapon, I keep towards Glocks and 1911s, but any of the compact 9s 40s 45s would be good for CC or OC
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

I've seen open carry in Walmart in North Carolina. Makes me do a double take. I figure if you're going to open carry do it Dirty Harry style. Go big or go home.

11. good job WCD. thank you for making the carrier's experience a good one and that all cops are not decks

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast