Is Open Carry my Constitutional Rigth
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Open Carry my Constitutional Rigth

Is Open Carry my Constitutional Right?

Please help me understand. If Open Carry is part of the 2nd Amendment, why is not legal in all states. What is the Federal AG opinion on this.

Kindly Advise.

3. The AG

Quote Originally Posted by Javy View Post
    Please help me understand. If Open Carry is part of the 2nd Amendment, why is not legal in all states. What is the Federal AG opinion on this.

Kindly Advise.
    I think the Fed AG stand on open carry is not going to try to make things better for us in this situation considering he is trying to help unconstitutionally take guns away.

I smell a troll.

The question has been addressed by the federal circuit courts in NYS and MD. One liberal court ruled the second amendment doesn't give anyone the right to carry while the other ruled that it does. The issue is not settled and it doesn't matter what the AG believes.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

6. Last year the 7th District Federal Appeals court ruled against Illinois' law banning concealed carry. The Illinois law basically states that your 2nd amendment rights end at your front door/property line. You must place you weapon in a locked case and keep the ammo separate. Only when you arrive at a shooting range or your hunting grounds can you unlock the weapon and have ammo readily accessible. Illinois has until 6/9/13 to place a law on the books addressing this infringement or they will be Federally mandated to allow open/concealed carry. The AG in Illinois is planning an appeal to the SCOTUS which will likely fail wasting more IL tax payer dollars in an already broke state. Three attempts at passing a law for allowing concealed carry have failed. Ironically the issue isn't whether to allow concealed carry or not, the reason they have failed is because the Dems and GOP in the state legislature can't agree on details. Only the Chicago Dems want to fight to keep the current ban in place. One more reason Illinois should push Chicago out to be it's own state.

Kindly Advise.
    Where is it in the 2nd amendment that I can find anything about open carry?

The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

the supreme court has ruled that reasonable restrictions can be within the scope of the 2nd amendment.
    what the court didn't do is comment at all about exactly what is and isn't a reasonable restriction

The second amendment doesn't address how you bear the arms. Your right to keep and bear arms is an inalienable right given to you by God above, according to the Constitution. The second amendment just informs the Federal Government that they have no authority to infringe on that inalienable right.

Check this out and it will explain the Constitution and the Second Amendment better than you've ever heard, I'll bet: Absolutely Amazing & Eloquent Constitutional Law & Our History Shows Federal gun Control Is Unlawful - YouTube
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Quote Originally Posted by UATKP View Post
    The second amendment doesn't address how you bear the arms. Your right to keep and bear arms is an inalienable right given to you by God above, according to the Constitution. The second amendment just informs the Federal Government that they have no authority to infringe on that inalienable right.
    I love that video, but the lady does seem to have a thing for a certain phrase in the Declaration of Independence...kind of disturbing

But I also agree with "johnmed3" that this guy probably wouldn't let a billygoat cross his bridge.

Kindly Advise.
    The 2nd Amendment doesn't mention open carry. Unless mine is just an outdated version or something

Kindly Advise.
    Open carry is NOT part of the 2A. That's why some states have gotten away with some of the laws that they have concerning how a gun is carried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast