Busch Stadium Pat Downs - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Busch Stadium Pat Downs

Quote Originally Posted by RJT CCW View Post
    Sir I respect your opinion but, you are from Wisconsin and clearly do not know the ramifications of Missouri law. To carry in a "prohibited" place is not a crime, but an infraction with the first offense costing the permittee $100.00. To be charged with this infraction one would need to be discovered, asked to leave, and refuse to leave. Even if the police are called before you are asked to leave you would still have to refuse to leave to be charged.

To the OP. Bags are checked, no pat downs, sometimes (not very often) wands are used. Have a good time at the game.
    Well, let’s see. I didn’t answer off the cuff. Before answering the OP I went to the Missouri Attorney General’s website and read up on Missouri Revised Statutes (571.xxx et al) and also to handgunlaw.us. I cited what I found there. Your post prompted me to go back and check again… and I found I somehow managed to miss the citation below due to the way each site displayed the info on my computer (thought I was at the end of a section, needed to proceed to next page):
    MRS 571.107. 2. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) {which would include Busch Stadium** of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense. If a second citation for a similar violation occurs within a six-month period, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed two hundred dollars and his or her endorsement to carry concealed firearms shall be suspended for a period of one year. If a third citation for a similar violation is issued within one year of the first citation, such person shall be fined an amount not to exceed five hundred dollars and shall have his or her concealed carry endorsement revoked and such person shall not be eligible for a concealed carry endorsement for a period of three years.
    So…though I was correct that Busch Stadium is a prohibited area, the penalty in Missouri is as indicated above (and not as I had indicated it might be in my previous posts) for someone who holds a concealed carry permit recognized in the state of Missouri. I regret the error.

Blog Entries

Busch Stadium Pat Downs

I just hope apvbguy knows the laws in his home state. Hate for him to make us "normal concealed permit holders" look bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123