Busch Stadium Pat Downs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Busch Stadium Pat Downs

Blog Entries

Busch Stadium Pat Downs

Hi All,
    Does anybody know if they pat you down for concealed firearms at Busch Stadium in St. Louis. I have my CCW here in Missouri and know the law, but I'm going to a night Cardinals game and don't really like being unarmed in downtown St. Louis at night.

Thanks for any info!
    Last edited by lukem; 06-04-2013 at 09:32 AM.

You would be in violation of Missouri state law to carry your firearm into Busch Stadium.
    Prohibited Areas, Missouri Revised Statutes 571.107:
    "Any sports arena or stadium with a seating capacity of five thousand or more. Possession of a firearm in
    a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the
    vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;"

Blog Entries

Busch Stadium Pat Downs

Yes, I know the law.. Busch stadium is privately owned with no signs stating "no guns allowed". If caught with a gun and a CCW you will be asked to leave. Just wondering if they do a pat down before entering. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim DeKock View Post
    Yes, I know the law.. Busch stadium is privately owned with no signs stating "no guns allowed". If caught with a gun and a CCW you will be asked to leave. Just wondering if they do a pat down before entering. Thanks for the reply.
    can you really be so dense?
    what part of the law are you having trouble grasping?

Prohibited Areas, Missouri Revised Statutes 571.107:
    "Any sports arena or stadium with a seating capacity of five thousand or more. Possession of a firearm in
    a vehicle on the premises shall not be a criminal offense so long as the firearm is not removed from the
    vehicle or brandished while the vehicle is on the premises;"

you make all "normal concealed permit holders look bad

Quote Originally Posted by Tim DeKock View Post
    You are very badly mistaken. This is NOT the same as ignoring a posted sign. You will not just be asked to leave. You will be arrested. You would be in direct violation of clearly worded and published state law. At the very LEAST, you would most likely lose your CCW permit, and could have your firearm confiscated.

Blog Entries
    I heard this happened to someone at Busch at the gun range.(here say) Thanks for the info JCliff. I wasn't planning on carrying to the park, just wondering if they pat down or not. Would like to carry there tho.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Tim DeKock View Post
    I heard this happened to someone at Busch at the gun range.(hear say) Thanks for the info JCliff. I wasn't planning on carrying to the park, just wondering if they pat down or not. Would like to carry there tho.
    Was at Busch Stadium Sunday. There are signs posted for no firearms. It is ILLEGAL to carry into the stadium. If you're caught, it would be UGLY, and you'd miss the rest of the game. They did not pat me down when entering, only searched the purses and backpacks.

Why is this even in the OPEN CARRY section?

It is not illegal, if you have your CCW permit. If you read further down the law you'll see, in the "clearly worded and published state law"

2. Carrying of a concealed firearm in a location specified in subdivisions (1) to (17) of subsection 1 of this section by any individual who holds a concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall not be a criminal act but may subject the person to denial to the premises or removal from the premises. If such person refuses to leave the premises and a peace officer is summoned, such person may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed one hundred dollars for the first offense."
    You can only be asked to leave.

They do not do a pat down but some of the gates use metal detector "wands." Somewhat ineffectively I might add.

"What part of the law are you having trouble grasping?"

Section 571-107 Endorsement does not authorize conceale

Blog Entries

Busch Stadium Pat Downs

Thanks umpguns, that's the way I understand the law as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast