24 days left until open carry starts in Mississippi!

Thread: 24 days left until open carry starts in Mississippi!

24 days left until open carry starts in Mississippi!

On July 1, the revisions made to the state code kick in, and the confusion on the legality of open carry in the state of Mississippi ends.
    "I don't think that a society that encourages over a million abortions a year....a society that kills out of convenience, i.e., Jack Kevorkian, can not have consequences." --Rush Limbaugh

I'm jealous. I feel like SC is really anti 2A sometimes. Probably could blame the Dixiecrats for that. What I like about open carry is if I were to accidentally have my pistol show while riding my motorcycle it wouldn't be a big deal. If I could open carry I'd probably be a Holster whore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Glad to see some folks from others states will be taking heat for open carrying. I have been told I do it to look tough, because I have a small sexual organ, because I just want to make a political statement, etc, etc. Also, you will get your weapon taken and used against you and you also will be shot first. Blood will run in the streets, etc. I would tell you more but dont want to ruin the surprise. I carry both ways and have had nothing but positive experiences but I have only been doing it for 5 years. I am expecting all the negative stuff to kick in at any time.
    Due to the increased cost of Ammunition I will be forced to discontinue warning shots as of now! USAF Chief Master Sergeant, Retired, 1979-2005

Welcome to the OC club MS! It may be difficult at first with both civilians, and LEO alike with the learning curve. I might be easier to start in groups, why? My thinking is if they see just one person it must be wrong, but hey there a dozen people at Starbucks doing it, so it must be OK. Here in WA it has become for the most part a non-issue. Here is a post of mine from another thread:

"I keep hearing about people "freaking out", where are they? I've been OCing for over three years, and not once has some one freaked out. I went into my local police dept the other day to report a fender bender, the desk SGT handed me the paperwork and wished me a nice day. I'm still waiting for one of these negative encounters I've heard about. I wear tucked in shirts, and have no place to conceal a 1911 Govt. I dress for my comfort, and weather not to make somebody else happy. I have not had a single business to include my banks have any issue with it. Again I stress, I do not OC to say "look at me" since I'm old enough not to care what anybody thinks. I OC or CC for my personal comfort based mostly on the weather.

I for the most part don't like CC, there is no "element" of surprise. "Hey mister give me your wallet!" (BG pointing gun at me with no visible weapon). "OK, let me get my gun out of hiding first so I can "surprise" you!". OC option: BG1 to BG2 "Hey man let's go rob somebody else that is weak, and unarmed". BG's are inherently lazy, and have no desire for anything close to a fair fight."

Throughout the state we have groups who gather for coffee, and picnics almost every month. We just hang out, eat, drink, and BS about anything and everything. It's great to get together with like minded people, and learn not only about the laws that affect us, but each other as human beings. We have some great forums in WA that people have even been comfortable enough to discuss personal issues, and ask for help from each other. (not just gun stuff)

So carry-on MS, and stay strong!

Good info:
    Mississippi

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    Glad to see some folks from others states will be taking heat for open carrying. I have been told I do it to look tough, because I have a small sexual organ, because I just want to make a political statement, etc, etc. Also, you will get your weapon taken and used against you and you also will be shot first. Blood will run in the streets, etc. I would tell you more but dont want to ruin the surprise. I carry both ways and have had nothing but positive experiences but I have only been doing it for 5 years. I am expecting all the negative stuff to kick in at any time.
    Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be shot first, in a coordinated armed bank robbery any day now.