Grandma couldn't quite grasp the concept - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grandma couldn't quite grasp the concept

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    The shelves in our town are full of them. I must be one of only a few who carries .40
    A lot of people carry a .40S&W. I am one of them.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    My grandmother carried every day of her 89 years in her purse, still have the gun.
    My grandmother carried in the '20s, '30s, '40s and '50s in Chicago, LONG before it was legal.

She was the wardrobe mistress for the various ice and stage shows at a number of large hotels and often came home in the middle of the night.

One night she got off the bus about 3:00am and was walking back to her apartment. She immediate noticed a man following her. She immediately crossed the street, whereupon he crossed with her. Instantly, she wheeled on him and told him, "Cross the street, go back the way you came, or get shot." She had her hand on her Colt Detective Special in her coat pocket the whole time. He chose to reverse course and not get shot.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    A lot of people carry a .40S&W. I am one of them.
    I meant around where I live. Except for the first few weeks of the shortage, the shelves have always had .40 in stock. The next county over has none anywhere, probably because it is closer to Eau Claire.

Everything here is Bulgarian and Czech production, but a magazine full of PPU is a lot better than an empty gun in the safe.

What kind of gun is it?
    A family friend died last year of cancer. She was in her late 70's. She carried a 2", 6 shot, .357 Magnum in her purse.
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

I meant around where I live. Except for the first few weeks of the shortage, the shelves have always had .40 in stock. The next county over has none anywhere, probably because it is closer to Eau Claire.

Everything here is Bulgarian and Czech production, but a magazine full of PPU is a lot better than an empty gun in the safe.
    In my area, we do tend to see more .40S&W than 9mm on the shelves in the target (FMJ) varieties. Not much of anything in serious and currently top rated SD ammo left in the shops I visit. Luckily, that is what I have most of at present.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12