Grandma couldn't quite grasp the concept
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grandma couldn't quite grasp the concept

Blog Entries

Grandma couldn't quite grasp the concept

My grandmother (in law?) is visiting us from California for a few weeks, and yesterday at Walmart, while I OC'd, she asked me if I ever carried my gun loaded. The obvious answer was followed up by her saying, "But not in public, I don't want you to get into trouble." To which I had to explain, not once, but twice that in Wisconsin, we have constitutional carry and it requires no permit and we have no registry system, and that 1 in about 3 people you see here is armed. She also didn't even notice the .40 and .22 on my belt, one at 3:00 and the other at 5:00. And I had to explain it 3 times because she is so indoctrinated. I didn't know it was that bad. But it turns out that she is pro-2a and had moved to California in the 70s, so she didn't know that there had been changes to firearm law anywhere besides the negative changes in CT, CA and NY. WTF is in the water? Seriously, Feinstein might be getting medication put into the water. Grandma grew up in the boonies in WI. She shoulda known.

Blog Entries
    I should also add that she bought me a box of .40 for a late birthday present. Wonder how she knew what to get me? Lol

When I dress in the morning, the question I get asked is , shirt in or out today? Just depends on where I am going, and how I feel. LOL most days, I open carry, EXCEPT the days I go to Texas, and then it is cover up day. ;-)
    I am old and slow, BUT dead on with my aim!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CarryNM View Post
    When I dress in the morning, the question I get asked is , shirt in or out today? Just depends on where I am going, and how I feel. LOL most days, I open carry, EXCEPT the days I go to Texas, and then it is cover up day. ;-)
    Lol if i choose not to OC or it gets covered by my shirt my wife will sometimes ask "where is it?" While we are out. You'd think shed learn because i always just give her a creepy smile. Sometimes I conceal it just to watch her bump into me and try to find it. Then it's "cold....colder....hot....cold....."

My grandmother carried every day of her 89 years in her purse, still have the gun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    My grandmother carried every day of her 89 years in her purse, still have the gun.
    What kind of gun is it?

Browning 32 looks new.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Good for her. Bet that's a rarity.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    I should also add that she bought me a box of .40 for a late birthday present. Wonder how she knew what to get me? Lol

Where did you find a box of 40?

Blog Entries
    The shelves in our town are full of them. I must be one of only a few who carries .40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast