Positive Inquiry - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by rkleaman View Post
    If you try the public stunt of an open carry in North Carolina, it is more than likely that you will be charged with "going armed to bring terror to the people". This will happen even if you have a valid Concealed Carry Permit. If you have CCP and you intend to carry in North Carolina, keep your hand gun where it is supposed to be, concealed.
    North Carolina sounds horrible.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you try the public stunt of an open carry in North Carolina, it is more than likely that you will be charged with "going armed to bring terror to the people". This will happen even if you have a valid Concealed Carry Permit. If you have CCP and you intend to carry in North Carolina, keep your hand gun where it is supposed to be, concealed.
    Duh, no kidding. OC isn't legal in NC yet. This is the OC thread, btw.

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of SC. So if you OC in NC as permitted by law, you will/should not be charged with anything.
    Actually, NC is considered a "Gold Star State" when it comes to OC:
    http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=103

My weapon shall be carried as I see fit to carry it.
    If it rides on my belt for all the world to see, tough sh!t!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post

I agree... with the disclaimer that I will carry in a legal manner... not because I agree with the laws that restrict (infringe upon) the right to bear arms but because it is difficult to fight to support the right to bear arms from under Bubba in prison.

6. Quote Originally Posted by rkleaman View Post
    Open carry is legal in NC, except in certain restricted areas. EVEN if you have a cHp.

7. Nc oc

No one that replies has ascertained the NC law. OC is legal in NC and it was legal before CC was made legal. However, some localities have maintained that OC is objectionable to their local yokels so the "going armed to the terror of people" concept was developed. I intended my post for informational purposes but as always on the majority of forums, the post was taken as fuel for flamers. In future, I'll keep my information private and you all can learn in whatever method you deem suitable for your purposes.

Don't be so thin skinned dude! If you post, people will reply. Not all replies will be to your liking.... Trust me... I know!

Just sayin..... Ya know?

No one that replies has ascertained the NC law. OC is legal in NC and it was legal before CC was made legal. However, some localities have maintained that OC is objectionable to their local yokels so the "going armed to the terror of people" concept was developed. I intended my post for informational purposes but as always on the majority of forums, the post was taken as fuel for flamers. In future, I'll keep my information private and you all can learn in whatever method you deem suitable for your purposes.
    Are you saying that if folks dare question the things you say then you will not say anything? Do you think that would punish those who dare question you?

If you intended your post to be for informational purposes then why did you word it in a way that would be considered confrontational? I quote your post Sir:

And not expect someone address it?

Look... if OC is legal in NC but there are some areas where there is the extra law of "going armed to the terror of the people" why would you purposely use the wording of...

"public stunt" in reference to open carry and emphasize it by underlining it and the word concealed too while not referencing the actual laws and not expect there to be a firm response?

Also... please provide cites and/or links to those "going armed to bring terror to the people" laws because it would be nice to read them in their proper context and how they might/might not apply to open carry.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    Open carry in AZ with no issues at all except the group of Asian folks that wanted to take photos with me.
    They need proof lol you just can't go back to Japan and say "yeah, this dude was carrying his gun and the cops didn't try to kill him." They're a society that submitted to the atrocities that drunken samurai committed for a thousand years because the samurai (and bushi) were of a higher class. The effects of feudalism are long lasting indeed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post

I do it because it's much more comfortable. Also, have an easier faster draw. I do usually CC a backup. Or do I? lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast