Positive Inquiry
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Positive Inquiry

Talking Positive Inquiry

Today while standing at a check out in the pharmacy counter a lady behind me in line got may attention to inquire if I needed anything to carry my gun on my belt for everyone to see?
    ~
    I explained to her that Ohio was an open carry state and that anyone allowed to own a firearm could carry open as long as the gun remained openly visible at all times. Cautioning her that the gun would need to be unloaded without possession of a CHL before she were to enter a car and that the weapon and ammo would need to be in different parts of the vehicle.
    ~
    She explained that she was a member of the local gun club and wants to get her CHL but was unaware of being able to carry a gun that was so exposed publicly. She thanked me for the information and I wished her well on her decision to arm herself for protection.
    ~
    I have yet to find anyone individual who has been put off by my open carrying and I am so glad to see females taking up the cause and arming themselves in this defensive manner.
    ~
    Good on all of you.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Since open carry became legal in my state, I have carried that way. Have had no negative comments about it, only very positive ones. Even the police are behind it.
    Gun free zones are safe havens...........for criminals.
    Laws govern the lesser man, Morals govern the greater man.

With both open and CC, I find the LEO's are very comfortable with that in VT. Occaisionaly a LEO will ask "So what are you carrying, and how do you like that model". Promotes friendly and sociable conversations.

Open carry in AZ with no issues at all except the group of Asian folks that wanted to take photos with me.

Open carry is not unlawful here in Pennsylvania but never see anyone do it unless they are hunting. I am apprehensive but want to just to see what reactions I get. I know in some areas would be negative because people aren't accustomed to seeing open carry.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Quote Originally Posted by shirtz1 View Post
    With both open and CC, I find the LEO's are very comfortable with that in VT. Occaisionaly a LEO will ask "So what are you carrying, and how do you like that model". Promotes friendly and sociable conversations.
    I'm dying to find out how "open" the cops are to OC on Church street!
    Me thinks it will be a different story!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw anyone OC'ing, and... I can't. Guess I just haven't been in the right place at the right time...
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    I'm trying to remember the last time I saw anyone OC'ing, and... I can't. Guess I just haven't been in the right place at the right time...
    Well... if OC is legal in your State and in the places you frequent.... perhaps when passing a mirror you could see someone open carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Well... if OC is legal in your State and in the places you frequent.... perhaps when passing a mirror you could see someone open carrying?
    OC is legal in Oregon, but, if I bother to look in a mirror as I pass by,,, it's to make sure I'm not printing. :-) just my preference. As they say, your mileage may vary.
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

11. If you try the public stunt of an open carry in North Carolina, it is more than likely that you will be charged with "going armed to bring terror to the people". This will happen even if you have a valid Concealed Carry Permit. If you have CCP and you intend to carry in North Carolina, keep your hand gun where it is supposed to be, concealed.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast