Open carry now or wait? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open carry now or wait?

Eddie, read the laws for VA. NRA-ILA | Virginia
    I'm rather opinionated, and a Ruger fan. The LC9 is a reliable and inexpensive gun. It has the safety features of a "big" gun, it's large enough that you shouldn't feel silly open carrying, but small enough to transition to CC when you get your permit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    Eddie, read the laws for VA. NRA-ILA | Virginia
    I'm rather opinionated, and a Ruger fan. The LC9 is a reliable and inexpensive gun. It has the safety features of a "big" gun, it's large enough that you shouldn't feel silly open carrying, but small enough to transition to CC when you get your permit.

Thank you took a look over that.
    Permit to carry, yes? That only applies to conceal right?

To my understanding, I can open carry as of now, with no permit whatsoever being under 21. Is that not the case?
    Just want to be sure :)

Yes you can, but be familiar with the laws that apply. And yes, the permit in question is the concealed permit. Weird stuff in there like you can go into a restaurant that serves alcohol if you open carry, but not concealed. You can go to a state park concealed, but not open. Vehicle carry is covered in the link as well.

OC or CC, but just carry if your legally able to. As all have mentioned, be safe, know the laws of your State and train-train-train. Just when you really get the feel good of your ability to engage a target, train some more. Nice to hear about a young person taking the responsibility of protecting one self. STAY Safe and keep your powder dry!
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12