3 confrontations in a single evening - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 confrontations in a single evening

1. Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    I guess I was looking for an honest answer.
    Sorry, my answer wasn't honest enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by TMcArthur View Post
    Sorry, my answer wasn't honest enough for you?
    I asked if you liked the attention...or was it bothersome...or was it an opportunity to educate. Just looking for you to elaborate.

4. I've OC'd for more than 3 years now, and this is the first time it has brought any real attention, at least in that magnitude/frequency. Anyone OC'ing to get attention will likely find little attention directed their way and be disappointed. On the flip side, if you OC and expect *no attention* will will also be disappointed when you do get some.

Ironically, I had just bought a new holster two weeks ago (leather instead of molded plastic) so not look so "tactical" when OC'ing... so based on my holster purchase, I'd say I care enough not to have a bedazzled holster or something too flashy, but not enough to only conceal carry when it is 90+ degrees outside.

5. Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Do you like all the attention your sidearm brings to you?
    I enjoy about 95% of the little attention that my openly carried firearm brings. It's the concealed carry only snobs that can't resist the urge to tell me they have a CPL, they carry their gun concealed, and so should I that I could do without. My daughter enjoys those, though, because she loves telling them, "He's not a criminal, he has no reason to hide his gun!"
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I just ordered a new holster for OC. I've long wanted a hand tooled leather holster. I don't want it for attention, I'd rather not the attention, I want it for the aesthetics of having a nice, hand tooled, made to order leather holster.
    ...SCOTUS says we're right...You don't like it. I'm sorry you don't like it. I guess that's a problem for you. Some people don't like gays. Some don't like alcohol. Some don't like meat. ~michaelzwilliamson

Quote Originally Posted by TMcArthur View Post
    In Colorado, only full fledged liquor stores can sell full-alcohol beer. Walmart, and other grocery stores have 3% beer (3% alcohol). Not a huge hassle, and honestly I like giving my money to the mom-n-pops place anyway, but a silly law nonetheless.
    I think that law has been repealed I don't drink but I rememebr them taking the 3.2 Beer only signs down at the 7-11
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

My question is rather simple, hot in CO, ok yesterday was 102 with 58% humidity here in Texas where I live, I packed my 45 combat commander two spare mags, benchmade in shorts and flip flops with flower print cover shirt. Pack all weather, everywhere, no issue, think the bad guys quit robbing in the heat?????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Bigcarlover View Post
    Ok, the first question on my mind is probably a bit off topic, but curious. How is it you hang with your Ex to buy groceries?
    Yeah. Thankfully I'm not allowed to go cause I load-up the cart with all kinds of crap.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    My question is rather simple, hot in CO, ok yesterday was 102 with 58% humidity here in Texas where I live, I packed my 45 combat commander two spare mags, benchmade in shorts and flip flops with flower print cover shirt. Pack all weather, everywhere, no issue, think the bad guys quit robbing in the heat?????????????
    I once had a guy call and ask if his PP lass was sill scheduled as it was snowing. Same response... you think you only get attacked on a sunny day? I love putting them through the paces in heavy rain or snow.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Ironically the thread title is more appropriate of the responses than it was of the original post.
    You can have good intentions and not be right.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast