3 confrontations in a single evening - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 92

Thread: 3 confrontations in a single evening

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    My question is rather simple, hot in CO, ok yesterday was 102 with 58% humidity here in Texas where I live, I packed my 45 combat commander two spare mags, benchmade in shorts and flip flops with flower print cover shirt. Pack all weather, everywhere, no issue, think the bad guys quit robbing in the heat?????????????
    FWIW the heat in Colorado is different because of the altitude there is no escape from the sun.

    That said, I get your point
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    My question is rather simple, hot in CO, ok yesterday was 102 with 58% humidity here in Texas where I live, I packed my 45 combat commander two spare mags, benchmade in shorts and flip flops with flower print cover shirt. Pack all weather, everywhere, no issue, think the bad guys quit robbing in the heat?????????????
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    FWIW the heat in Colorado is different because of the altitude there is no escape from the sun.

    That said, I get your point
    I'm confused. Nobody in this thread said anything about disarming because it was hot....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Do you like all the attention your sidearm brings to you?
    What's your point? When I have someone wish to talk to me about my sidearm, it is usually a CC only retard who wants to assure me of my upcoming death. Do you like giving OCers attention?

  5. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    What's your point? When I have someone wish to talk to me about my sidearm, it is usually a CC only retard who wants to assure me of my upcoming death. Do you like giving OCers attention?
    Are you this dumb away from the computer? I had no other motives asking the question. Go practice some round houses, High Speed.

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Are you this dumb away from the computer? I had no other motives asking the question. Go practice some round houses, High Speed.
    Not until 7:30. ;-)

    I'm starting to understand you better. I emasculate you because I train daily in unarmed combat. I didn't know we were competing.

  7. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Not until 7:30. ;-)

    I'm starting to understand you better. I emasculate you because I train daily in unarmed combat. I didn't know we were competing.
    You solved the mystery.

  8. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Lowcountry of South Carolina
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by TMcArthur View Post
    First, I am in Colorado (Boulder County). I do have a CCW and do Conceal Carry when weather permits. This week, it is simply too hot to wear any additional clothing then needed.
    OK, great to have positive encounters with the curious and under-informed. My problem is with the above quote. By your definition none of is southern boys could CC except for a few weeks in January. That is probably why there are so many discussions on holsters, because CC in the south is generally not in a Serpa on the hip with a coat over it. Check out some of the forums posts and get some ideas.
    -
    Personally, I use a Remora No-clip IWB for my 9, and/or a DeSantis pocket holster for my .380. Unless I am at work, I'm in shorts t-shirt and flip-flops 9 months out of the year, and CC every day.
    -
    Not trying to start a OC/CC argument, but I don't want you feeling like you are limited in your options.

  9. In no way do I feel limited in my options. Open carry *is* an option to me, and I have no problems with open carrying. I am not saying that you guys down south should open carry when it is hot, it is your choice, not mine.

    With that said, the next gun I purchase will most likely be the S&W Shield with an IWB holster so I have even more options. I currently carry a full-size M&P 40 (admittedly not ideal for CC)

    Thanks for the advice.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by whodat2710 View Post
    OK, great to have positive encounters with the curious and under-informed. My problem is with the above quote. By your definition none of is southern boys could CC except for a few weeks in January.
    Quote Originally Posted by TMcArthur View Post
    In no way do I feel limited in my options. Open carry *is* an option to me, and I have no problems with open carrying. I am not saying that you guys down south should open carry when it is hot, it is your choice, not mine.

    Thanks for the advice.
    TMcArthur,
    One thing a marriage counselor told me years ago was to own my feelings and opinions. For example, instead of saying, "This week, it is simply too hot to wear any additional clothing then needed." I would say, "This week, it is simply too hot FOR ME to wear any additional clothing then needed." That way it was less likely for the other person to take it like I was telling them what they had to do, and less like for the other person to get DEFENSIVE. :-)

    FOR ME, open carry so I can wear lighter clothing is just as much an option (and is the preferable option to me) as getting a different holster is.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  11. Seriously?

    One thing I've learned is that if someone wants to take something I say defensively or out of context, they will do so no matter how often I give for-me's or IMO's. I think my sentence was pretty clear that I was talking about myself. Grade school English will tell you the paragraph's subject was ME, not the general public as a whole. How anyone could have taken that sentence so far out of context to assume I was telling everyone in the south (or anywhere) that they should OC when it is hot is beyond reason. I'm really not all that concerned about defending the overly sensitive individuals in life, it is their problem not mine.

    With all due respect, I thank you for the advice but I'm happy with my wording as it is. For me the problem lies on the other side of the fence, not here. :)

    Man I'm happy I am no longer married... geez.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast