3 confrontations in a single evening - Page 5
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 confrontations in a single evening

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Yes...
    But mine is a 'secret' and your's is 'not' a secret.
    Big difference imvho.

Keep it secret! - YouTube
    What is the point of coming to the Open carry forum specifically to troll?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. Thank you Outlaw, but maybe you do not know about the forum dedicated to Conceal Carry? This one here is about Open Carry, where we are not worried about keeping our rights as secret

4. Sorry, we shouldn't talk down to the handicapped. The_Outlaw is from Texas, where his nanny-government does not allow him to open carry. He doesn't have the same rights that we have.

5. Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Yes...
    Big difference imvho.

Keep it secret! - YouTube
    Just curious.... how would you know if it is a big difference or not? Have you open carried before? Those of us who have carried both ways just don't experience all that much difference in real life. And if there is an encounter (which is rare - like in the single digits per year) - the vast majority of them are positive; and the vast majority of the negative encounters are the concealed carry only snobs telling us how they conceal their gun and we should too.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Could you see that happening in Chicago? They would have a swat team on you before you got out of the store!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I've had many, many afternoons of the same experience while open carrying. Crowded buffets, Wal Mart, parks, SEA-TAC International Airport, state offices while registering vehicles, insurance offices, credit union. No one ran out screaming, the business owner's & employees don't fear me or my openly carried handgun and even the 'shadier' side of society left me completely alone. My state allows me to legally open carry my firearm and I prefer to keep it that way. By far the biggest difference between open carry and concealed carry is on which side of the gun the shirt or pants is worn.
    Yes...
    Big difference imvho.

Is your concealed gun really a "secret"?

Entire article can be read here:

Dealing with citizens legally carrying a concealed weapon

Dealing with citizens legally carrying a concealed weapon

-snip-
    Look for bulges on one side of the body which you can see under clothing. Some wear a T-shirt over their gun and it will bulge conspicuously. Bulges in the pocket for the small autos or revolvers are something to look for. Look for bulges when they bend over and the butt of the gun may stick out slightly.

I don’t know of any CCW carriers that carry a gun in the hood of their sweatshirt like felons are known to do. I do know many that carry one in a jacket or coat pocket. Look for the sag on that side.

Look at the hem line of long pants, one side may droop more if the gun is pulling that side down. If carrying an ankle holster, it will bulge the inner part of the pant around the ankle.
    -snip-

So if folks are wandering around thinking no one knows they are carrying a gun... well... those who know what to look for know you are carrying a gun even if you think it is a ......... "secret".

The thing is... if the cops know what to look for as hints someone has what they think is a "secret" then the criminals know it too.

8. Pennsylvania's Constitution is very clear, and open carry (except in Philadelphia) without a License to Carry Firearms is O.K. I have carried open from time to time, but usually in my role as a political activist among folks of like mind. When in public, I make it a point to conceal. You can wear a cannon under a Hawaian shirt. While I thoroughly respect the right of Constitutional Freemen to bear arms in plain sight, I don't like the attention it draws to oneself. Be careful out there when carrying open.

I live in Texas where we can't open carry --- yet. I used to think it was better to conceal than to open carry, but after being on this forum for the short time I've been here, my thinking has changed somewhat.
    If they ever get that open carry bill to pass into law, I'll probably open carry the majority of the time.
    I won't be looking for attention when I do... it's mainly because it's such a hassle to always conceal and keep it from printing sometimes when the wind blows hard. (and that's nearly always) :o)
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

Quote Originally Posted by WOP2 View Post
    Pennsylvania's Constitution is very clear, and open carry (except in Philadelphia) without a License to Carry Firearms is O.K. I have carried open from time to time, but usually in my role as a political activist among folks of like mind. When in public, I make it a point to conceal. You can wear a cannon under a Hawaian shirt. While I thoroughly respect the right of Constitutional Freemen to bear arms in plain sight, I don't like the attention it draws to oneself. Be careful out there when carrying open.
    I know I'm reading more into what you said...but I get the feeling when people say, "it draws attention, be careful when you open carry," they are simultaneously saying, "when I conceal I don't need to be as careful."

I see a lot of people saying it takes more responsibility to open carry...that bothers me to think concealed carrying persons are less responsible with their firearm.

Again, I'm reading more into it, just my opinion.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"
    I sincerely apologize to anyone who took offense at my post....
    I did not realize that I was responding on the 'Open Carry' section.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast