3 confrontations in a single evening - Page 6
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 92

Thread: 3 confrontations in a single evening

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I sincerely apologize to anyone who took offense at my post....
    I did not realize that I was responding on the 'Open Carry' section.
    Ok, Sorry I implied you were trolling
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Something must be wrong up here in Vermont. I OC all day, every day and NOBODY wants to point out that fact. No one comes over to chat about my gun. The cops don't even look twice and nobody wants to talk to me about the gun on my hip that apparently causes no concern what so ever!!!
    I don't know.... Maybe the people here just don't get all worked up over OC..


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  4. #53
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    2,837
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Outlaw View Post
    I sincerely apologize to anyone who took offense at my post....
    I did not realize that I was responding on the 'Open Carry' section.
    No sweat my brother! That's why I love you man!!


    Sent from behind enemy lines.

  5. #54
    Nope, it's pretty obvious from the original post there's no attention whoring going on there.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green View Post
    Nope, it's pretty obvious from the original post there's no attention whoring going on there.
    Seems to me like your post is more whoring for attention than the OP....
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. I guess I will "whore up" a bit more attention today I guess.

    Another encounter today while my family (myself, my ex, and our son) were out getting ice cream. After paying a gentlemen sitting at a table asked if I was a police officer, in which I relied with a negative. "Do you have a permit for that?" he asked. With a smile and no negative attitude I replied, "A permit is not required to openly carry in the state of Colorado, but yes I do have one." "Oh, ok... it was just making my wife feel uncomfortable". So I looked at her and said, "I understand... I carry to protect myself and my family, nothing more" and left them to enjoy the rest of their ice cream and they seemed to be just fine with that too.

    I know that to the majority of you who OC regularly, this is nothing new. I guess I continue to type up these encounters to reassure anyone that is afraid of OC'ing because they think that all encounters will be negative encounters. The simple truth is that 99% of the population say nothing or do not see the full-size handgun on my hip. The rest really have no problems with it if they do see it. It is 1% of the 1% that will ever turn into a negative encounter and to those guys I plan (because it hasn't happened yet) to just walk away without saying a word.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by TMcArthur View Post
    It is 1% of the 1% that will ever turn into a negative encounter and to those guys I plan (because it hasn't happened yet) to just walk away without saying a word.
    The vast majority of the 1% of 1% will be negative encounters with people just like Agent Green.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by TMcArthur View Post
    I guess I will "whore up" a bit more attention today I guess.

    Another encounter today while my family (myself, my ex, and our son) were out getting ice cream. After paying a gentlemen sitting at a table asked if I was a police officer, in which I relied with a negative. "Do you have a permit for that?" he asked. With a smile and no negative attitude I replied, "A permit is not required to openly carry in the state of Colorado, but yes I do have one." "Oh, ok... it was just making my wife feel uncomfortable". So I looked at her and said, "I understand... I carry to protect myself and my family, nothing more" and left them to enjoy the rest of their ice cream and they seemed to be just fine with that too.

    I know that to the majority of you who OC regularly, this is nothing new. I guess I continue to type up these encounters to reassure anyone that is afraid of OC'ing because they think that all encounters will be negative encounters. The simple truth is that 99% of the population say nothing or do not see the full-size handgun on my hip. The rest really have no problems with it if they do see it. It is 1% of the 1% that will ever turn into a negative encounter and to those guys I plan (because it hasn't happened yet) to just walk away without saying a word.
    To go along with your experiences (they are interesting so please keep posting them) here are a few thousand more just in Michigan:

    List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

  10. #59
    Look at me! Look at me! I'm carrying a gun!

    If they're not fellow gun nuts the people you're meeting think you the fool. They won't say it (after all you're carrying a gun) but you can bet they're thinking it and they are right.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sepra Peratus/Arkansas
    Posts
    1,638
    They're everywhere, they're everywhere!
    3 confrontations in a single evening-do-not-feed-troll-1.jpg
    ~Responsible people who understand that their personal protection is up to them, provide themselves with protection. Those that don't have only themselves to blame.~Proud NRA ~SAF~GoA Member~

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast