3 confrontations in a single evening - Page 7
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 confrontations in a single evening

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Green View Post
    Look at me! Look at me! I'm carrying a gun!

If they're not fellow gun nuts the people you're meeting think you the fool. They won't say it (after all you're carrying a gun) but you can bet they're thinking it and they are right.
    Oh the projection that comes from the closed minded. Classic.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Do you like all the attention your sidearm brings to you?
    Would've been nice if he'd answered the question. He never did of course. No surprise there. How 'bout you answer it yourself.

If they're not fellow gun nuts the people you're meeting think you the fool. They won't say it (after all you're carrying a gun) but you can bet they're thinking it and they are right.
    I carry a gun in plain sight everyday and everywhere I go where it is legal to do so .... and I'm damn proud of it! I want people to see that it is legal for an ordinary person to carry a gun in plain sight! I also make sure everyone who asks me about it knows that they can do it too. Just like me. And sometimes I will even strike up a conversation with someone about the weather or something.. anything.. in order to break the ice so they can feel comfortable to ask about the gun so they can find out they can also carry a gun... just like me.

And the people I meet do not think I'm a fool... they want to know all about how they can carry a gun too. In fact... I print up an information packet with the open carry specific laws in Michigan 50 at a time just to give to folks. And guess what? I run out of them quite often.

By the way... the use of Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals tactic of ridicule hoping to diminish and demean is now very well known and understood. Just about everyone knows about Obama and Saul Alinsky and the tactics the leftists use hoping to become the elite in control. But just in case there might be one person out there who still doesn't know I'll offer a cite and link so they can find out. You know.. if just one person becomes educated (just like if it saves just one child) I have to "do something".

Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

Rules for Radicals

By Saul Alinsky - 1971

-snip-
    "Obama learned his lesson well. I am proud to see that my father's model for organizing is being applied successfully beyond local community organizing to affect the Democratic campaign in 2008. It is a fine tribute to Saul Alinsky as we approach his 100th birthday." --Letter from L. DAVID ALINSKY, son of Neo-Marxist Saul Alinsky
    -snip-
    7. Tactics
    -snip-
    5. "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage."

So... dude... if all you got is tired old crap from Saul... then... you got nothing.

And the same old tired and false open carry rationalizations are all you got? No sale dude.

And the same old tired and false open carry rationalizations are all you got? No sale dude.
    And you have the same old tired and false fear mongering sensationalizing exaggerations. No sale dude. Not to mention that when you double down on nothing you still got... nothing.

But guess what I got besides my own personal experiences to back me up? How about a few thousand open carry experiences by quite a few people in Michigan? Read them here:

List Your Open Carry Experiences Here

Want to know what open carry activists accomplished in Michigan? Well... because of several open carriers being illegally hassled by the police and those open carriers recording those incidents followed by suing the police, and winning those lawsuits, the Michigan State Police put out Michigan State Police Legal Update #86:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/ms...2_336854_7.pdf

and it was distributed to police depts. throughout Michigan.

Now... what have you got... where are your factual links.. to prove your statement:

Originally Posted by Agent Green View Post

7. Not only do I NOT care what the general public thinks of me while I legally carry, I also do NOT care what Agent Green thinks about it. I do not lead me life based on other people's opinions. I know it is so difficult for some to accept, but just because you have a mouth (or keyboard), it doesn't make you my leader and I do not have to have the same beliefs and opinions as you. Get over yourself.

Thanks to all others. I will certainly continue posting any encounters I have.

Right. You don't care when they're offended. You sure care when you get the other kind of attention though. Typical OCer. You're the one who should get over himself.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    Do you like all the attention your sidearm brings to you?
    What if he does? Don't look to me like he's causing a problem.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.

10. It does not bother me that people may "think I'm a fool" (your words) when I use my 2A rights, correct. That is their opinion, not necessarily reality.

Clearly, it does not bother YOU that people KNOW you are a fool (this is an OC forum you know, duh!) when you use your 1A rights.

You are allowed to use your rights of course, and SO AM I

Go live a stress free life and stop worrying about what *I* do with mine. I open carry, get over it. You don't have too, but don't think you (some random no-name twit on the Internet) can tell me what I can and can not do in my life.

I support the Second Amendment, for I am the Second Coming of THE Second Amendment...........but only if you do it my way - concealed. For my way was written about in the book of Genesis, go forth and conceal with magazines no larger than 7 rounds. So it was written, so it be so, for I am your element of surprise savior.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast