First Time Open Carry - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: First Time Open Carry

  1. I open carry 98% of the time. Everywhere in Las Vegas, the rest of NV, AZ, Utah on the interstate on a motorcycle. Most casinos do not allow OCing however not a law just their property rule. They more than likely will ask one to leave and lock it up. I almost never go in the casions when I do I go CCing. Check out open carry dot org your state for thousands of postings of open carrying.

  2.   
  3. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    I open carry 98% of the time. Everywhere in Las Vegas, the rest of NV, AZ, Utah on the interstate on a motorcycle. Most casinos do not allow OCing however not a law just their property rule. They more than likely will ask one to leave and lock it up. I almost never go in the casions when I do I go CCing. Check out open carry dot org your state for thousands of postings of open carrying.
    Just don't let em suck you into their form of "activism." You'll get arrested.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Just don't let em suck you into their form of "activism." You'll get arrested.
    The patriots who fought and gave their lives to give us a free country would not be impressed. They gave everything for freedom. You are afraid of getting arrested to protect the most important freedom.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Just don't let em suck you into their form of "activism." You'll get arrested.
    Not sure what you are referring to. In our state, they are a great bunch. Very knowledgeable some have been responsible for positive changes in the local gun laws. I have meet many of them and been to several public functions the last 4 years and read hundreds of postings. Certainly never seen anyone arrested at any of the functions and do not remember anyone posting about being arrested. Some of the get togethers we do end up with law enforcement checking us out with the occasional non-eventful conversation. I can say I do not agree with all of the posters however not aware of any activism arrest. It is not a gang, freethinking is allowed. No lose of statist if one disagrees. If one is weak on their freethinking and your anti suckage ability needs a boost I can understand the concern.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    In Florida we can't open carry, but in October I'll be spending 4 days in Virginia. I plan on giving it a try while I'm there.
    Same as your job, just in your people clothes.

    Sent from my Clear using USA Carry mobile app

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,348
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    The patriots who fought and gave their lives to give us a free country would not be impressed. They gave everything for freedom. You are afraid of getting arrested to protect the most important freedom.
    Ummmm....I'm a veteran and I OC daily. My cousin, a brother and a few friends gave it all for freedom. Don't preach to me about sacrifice when I relive the worst evil mankind has to offer every night. I am not afraid of another man's fear of an inanimate object. I was simply referring to the bad attitude and confrontations that group attempts to provoke, notwithstanding encouraging others to commit federal offenses in attempts to change school zone laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to. In our state, they are a great bunch. Very knowledgeable some have been responsible for positive changes in the local gun laws. I have meet many of them and been to several public functions the last 4 years and read hundreds of postings. Certainly never seen anyone arrested at any of the functions and do not remember anyone posting about being arrested. Some of the get togethers we do end up with law enforcement checking us out with the occasional non-eventful conversation. I can say I do not agree with all of the posters however not aware of any activism arrest. It is not a gang, freethinking is allowed. No lose of statist if one disagrees. If one is weak on their freethinking and your anti suckage ability needs a boost I can understand the concern.
    In ours, they antagonize and carry to shock and scare people. I haven't met anyone from wisconsin carry who doesn't do it to "send a message" to somebody. I'm sure there might be a few, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were all the same way. I open carry because its more comfortable than cc. As soon as i get dressed, i'm armed. I also cc a backup...or do I???

  8. In ours, they antagonize and carry to shock and scare people. I haven't met anyone from wisconsin carry who doesn't do it to "send a message" to somebody. I'm sure there might be a few, but I wouldn't be shocked if they were all the same way. I open carry because its more comfortable than cc. As soon as i get dressed, i'm armed. I also cc a backup...or do I???[/QUOTE]



    Well that is not the mission of Open Carry. Org. I open carrying for comfort as well. Obviously, self-defense is on top. When we get together in a group, we do try to be good stewards of open carrying with the mission hopefully to make those less concern about our firearms. Gives us a chance to do some pro-gun PR. Some will come up to us and start asking questions. We have been able to correct some of the public on the laws, which so many get wrong.
    Regress the reason for open carrying; like it or not, you carry for comfort you are also making a statement in most eyes. One can have an attitude and first impression that will help the pro-gunners or hinder. Leaving the on-looker to think, look at that showoff, O M G!! a man with a gun, there goes one of those gun nuts, or he appears to be nonthreatening.

  9. #38

    Wink Message perceived/received.

    If anyone of us walks into an establishment legally open carrying a firearm just like we do every other day we carry open, acting normal just as we would had we not been carrying a weapon open for the public to see, a message is sent/perceived.
    ~
    After having worked in the public eye in the service industry for more than 35 years, everything we do in public has some sort of perceived message to those who observe us. With regard to firearms openly carried, all the political ramifications, previous horrendous evil acts, and personal likes or dislikes rear their ugly heads and influence the thinking of those who are around us at the time.
    ~
    I don't care what your own personal intention is that brings you to carry open. The public is going to perceive what they will all on their own without any help from us. This is inescapable, there is nothing we can do to evade this end result. But to say that you are NOT sending a message to those who see you is fool hearty. You have NO real control regarding public perception other than to NOT open carry, which I AM NOT conveying with this post, as I OC every time I leave the house with the full understanding that the public will read something into my OC'ing. To my thinking that, is their problem not mine, but because of the possible negative perception by the public, I conduct myself in a proper civilized manner at all times. Not that I have to make any special effort at this, but I do make an extra effort to be civil, polite and friendly to all I may have dealing during my outings.
    ~
    You may not have any intention of sending a message when OC'ing but the public will make up their own.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  10. Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    If anyone of us walks into an establishment legally open carrying a firearm just like we do every other day we carry open, acting normal just as we would had we not been carrying a weapon open for the public to see, a message is sent/perceived.
    ~
    After having worked in the public eye in the service industry for more than 35 years, everything we do in public has some sort of perceived message to those who observe us. With regard to firearms openly carried, all the political ramifications, previous horrendous evil acts, and personal likes or dislikes rear their ugly heads and influence the thinking of those who are around us at the time.
    ~
    I don't care what your own personal intention is that brings you to carry open. The public is going to perceive what they will all on their own without any help from us. This is inescapable, there is nothing we can do to evade this end result. But to say that you are NOT sending a message to those who see you is fool hearty. You have NO real control regarding public perception other than to NOT open carry, which I AM NOT conveying with this post, as I OC every time I leave the house with the full understanding that the public will read something into my OC'ing. To my thinking that, is their problem not mine, but because of the possible negative perception by the public, I conduct myself in a proper civilized manner at all times. Not that I have to make any special effort at this, but I do make an extra effort to be civil, polite and friendly to all I may have dealing during my outings.
    ~
    You may not have any intention of sending a message when OC'ing but the public will make up their own.
    Just wondering which poster said (One is NOT sending a message to those who see you open carrying.)

  11. #40
    Sounds like how it was when I was a kid..... before the 1968 Gun Control act and everyone got stupid. The most you'ld hear is .... "George, you ever going to sell me that gun", or "Frank, you got a new gun , which one did you get ? ".

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast