First Time Open Carry - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: First Time Open Carry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Now that you know your awareness level can be much higher, I hope you take responsibility and keep it at that height no matter how you are carrying.
    I hope I can too. Although I'll have to admit staying at Orange for long periods of time takes a toll on the brain.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

I have a question on OC in NC . I know you can OC in NC , my question is , I am in a power chair , can I mount the holster to my chair and carry it that way ?

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    I hope I can too. Although I'll have to admit staying at Orange for long periods of time takes a toll on the brain.
    I have never read ANYWHERE that shouldering responsibility was easy and with carrying you have responsibility. Life ain't no rose garden.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by dogshawred View Post
    I have never read ANYWHERE that shouldering responsibility was easy and with carrying you have responsibility. Life ain't no rose garden.
    I think there are a lot of levels of awareness. In Cooper’s color code system orange identifies maybe not a specific threat but a specific cause for concern. I don’t think that level of awareness is really appropriate unless someone specific has tripped your radar
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    I think there are a lot of levels of awareness. In Cooper’s color code system orange identifies maybe not a specific threat but a specific cause for concern. I don’t think that level of awareness is really appropriate unless someone specific has tripped your radar
    I agree it's not. I was just stating the fact that as a first real experience OCing my anxiety got the best of me and put into that mode. Yellow would be the ideal to strive for.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

WV is an open carry state, although I have a CCW, I have just started to carry open in selected areas. Nobody really cares, I was pretty surprised myself but very cautious. Funny, Walmart here generally has a store policy and some counties or cities have a few ordinances against it. It would be nice for the politicians to get on the same page.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    I agree it's not. I was just stating the fact that as a first real experience OCing my anxiety got the best of me and put into that mode. Yellow would be the ideal to strive for.
    CC or OC, anyone gets near I start heading toward orange, especially from the rear. I feel it's the responsibility of having a firearm on me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456