Negative LEO Open Carry Encounter in Georgia - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Negative LEO Open Carry Encounter in Georgia

1. Quote Originally Posted by dad45acp View Post
    That's ridiculous. The cop has every right and authority to establish the encounter. Its a MWAG complaint and undoubtedly has causation to see the gun license and to conduct a field interview. Its the pitfalls of OC. If the LEOs attitude sucked well...he probably has better things to do. But the investigation concluded and everyone went on their way.
    Is being a man with a gun illegal? If OC is legal where this occurred then the cop was out of line to establish contact.

I am so glad I live in Arizona where OC is so common that the cops never hassle people about it.

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by AzBanks View Post
    Is being a man with a gun illegal? If OC is legal where this occurred then the cop was out of line to establish contact.
    Cops have the same right to walk up to someone and ask them questions that you or I do, there's nothing that says you have to answer them but they are within their rights.
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    If you are there with someone else have them turn on their cell phone camera and record the interplay. then push the issue with the officer... Save that surprise for when you can hurt him with it.
    Push the issue? You deserve what you get when you act like a punk. Most of us won't hire a person who has an arrest record over an argument with a cop. Think about that.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Even if you did repeatedly cover and uncover your sidearm with your shirt, in order for it to be "assault," doesn't it have to be "threatening" or "menacing" and directed toward someone? Think about it, who the heck am I assaulting if I'm out in the middle of nowhere, I cover and uncover my gun several times, and no one else is around?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

You have the right to remain silent.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Push the issue? You deserve what you get when you act like a punk. Most of us won't hire a person who has an arrest record over an argument with a cop. Think about that.
    the libtards are pushing through laws that say you cannot discriminate based on background checks that show criminal records for minor crimes

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    You have the right to remain silent.
    and so many are unable to avail themselves of that right

This is how you remain silent.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Cops have the same right to walk up to someone and ask them questions that you or I do, there's nothing that says you have to answer them but they are within their rights.
    Not completely true. A half truth is the same as lying by omission. In WI, if a stop is solely because the officer saw you open carrying, then it is in violation of the 4th amendment. They may not imply in any form that it is mandatory that you speak to them or show ID, though they may ask. State AG (J.B Van Hollen) is very clear about the state's position on terry stops.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Even if you did repeatedly cover and uncover your sidearm with your shirt, in order for it to be "assault," doesn't it have to be "threatening" or "menacing" and directed toward someone? Think about it, who the heck am I assaulting if I'm out in the middle of nowhere, I cover and uncover my gun several times, and no one else is around?
    Any half ass lawyer can "prove" to the court that it was a threat. Interpretation is fluid and varies with each individual.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast