Negative LEO Open Carry Encounter in Georgia - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Negative LEO Open Carry Encounter in Georgia

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    This is how you remain silent.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Well done! The right to remain silent, means shut your trap. This video showed that beautifully. Thank Firefighterchen.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  2.   
  3. good point DAD45, but i would like to point out, there is a big difference in carrying a holstered fire arm and waving it about. that would fall under lots of brandishing laws. even in NC that would fall under the GATTTOTP law

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    good point DAD45, but i would like to point out, there is a big difference in carrying a holstered fire arm and waving it about. that would fall under lots of brandishing laws. even in NC that would fall under the GATTTOTP law
    Yes of course. :)

    Sent from my hand-held mind distractor

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post

    That's gold. Just makes the whole situation awkward for them.

  6. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Well done! The right to remain silent, means shut your trap. This video showed that beautifully. Thank Firefighterchen.
    Clarification, this video is not me. I just go back to it everytime "remaining silent" comes up.

    Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  7. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    that could make you into a employer who discriminates based on criminal records and like I said there is movement to disallow an employer to pull criminal records on people they are considering hiring.
    YMMV
    No one can make you hire someone who you're afraid of, who will likely compromise security or who you believe will steal. Criminals aren't a protected group under civil rights law so I fail to see discrimination. Besides, I will NOT conform to any movement.
    .
    There are times when one may refuse to hire a person protected under law for reasons of a "bonafide occupational requirement." For example I don't have to hire a woman for a Viagra advertisement or a white for advertising afro-sheen. I also don't have to hire an embezzler for an accounting position or a violent criminal where customer contact occurs as this endangers the company. For example, Kmart was sued some years ago in NC where a security guard manhandled an elderly person in the parking lot. When his wife tried to intervene her hip was shattered by the guard. Turns-out the guard has a criminal history for assault. Turns-out Kmart pays $265K.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    No one can make you hire someone who you're afraid of,K.
    try reading and comprehending, forcing you to employ someone who has a record is EXACTLY what it being kicked around, if it ever comes to be then they will be able to force you to hire thieves, murderers, rapists and all sorts of criminals.
    how's that hopey changy stuff working out for y'all

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Well done! The right to remain silent, means shut your trap. This video showed that beautifully. Thank Firefighterchen.
    I like the fact that once contact with the officer was over and turned away he never looked back, like nothing ever happened. Thanks Firefighterchen very appropriate for the thread.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

  10. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    try reading and comprehending, forcing you to employ someone who has a record is EXACTLY what it being kicked around, if it ever comes to be then they will be able to force you to hire thieves, murderers, rapists and all sorts of criminals.
    how's that hopey changy stuff working out for y'all
    I have no hope, or no faith in America for that matter. And Barry can keep the change. But trying to force me to hire people I'm afraid-of or who will subject me to loss of business clients/customers or put my organization at risk will not be hired if Christ himself tells me to. Period. A candidate must prove why he wasn't hired in any discrimination suit. I hire the best qualified person for the job whether white, black, purple, gay, straight or crippled. But I'll close my business before I'll allow someone to tell me who to hire.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I have no hope, or no faith in America for that matter. And Barry can keep the change. But trying to force me to hire people I'm afraid-of or who will subject me to loss of business clients/customers or put my organization at risk will not be hired if Christ himself tells me to. Period. A candidate must prove why he wasn't hired in any discrimination suit. I hire the best qualified person for the job whether white, black, purple, gay, straight or crippled. But I'll close my business before I'll allow someone to tell me who to hire.
    sorry you have to sell your business. you have been told for years whom you can hire. hopefully no one will discriminate against you

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast