Michigan Open Carry Laws - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Michigan Open Carry Laws

Quote Originally Posted by dhardy57 View Post
    I think that is what we have been saying - Without a CPL, you may not carry OC or CC in a vehical or even have the firearm immediately available - the reason is because it is considered "concealed".

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk
    I know it is just semantics but the law only points out that it is illegal for a person to have a pistol in the vehicle whether the pistol is "concealed or otherwise". Which, at least to me, means it doesn't matter if the gun is on the person either hidden under a coat (concealed) or carried openly (otherwise), or hidden in the glove box (concealed), or is in plain sight laying on the seat (otherwise)... it is still illegal for a person who does not have a carry permit to have that gun in the vehicle.

So just having the gun in the vehicle does not make the gun "concealed"... it only makes the gun being in a vehicle either legal by a person who has a carry permit... or illegal by a person who does not have a carry permit.

I know... semantics...
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by immortalmusic View Post
    But your point that I highlighted is part of why this doesn't make sense. So simply because the officer can't see your weapon makes it "concealed"? So what I stated about being in a photo booth, or if my open carry side is not facing an officer, or if I am standing behind a counter and my gun is not plainly showing I am concealing. That is the logic behind the law and your statement. I guess that's why I think this is dumb.
    His statement wasn't illogical or dumb, it was straight-up informative about what the law in MI actually is. He tried to answer your question about the law, not make excuses for or justify it in any way. He even agreed that it should be changed and asked for your help in making it so.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

ezkl2230 Guest
    Blues - I like the new avatar! I wish MORE people would realize that they are somebody. Light the candle or curse the darkness.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Blues - I like the new avatar! I wish MORE people would realize that they are somebody. Light the candle or curse the darkness.
    Thanks, glad you like it. I made it myself, so you have my permission to save it and use it after I go to the next one in the rotation, which I've been thinking about doing pretty soon anyway. I've had it for three or four weeks now. I have two major problems at the moment; I get bored easily, and I have too much time on my hands. Collecting/making avatars has become my antidote to both. Good grief, I'm the most boring person I know! LOL

Just so you know though, the first place I saw that thought was on a picture of a sign leaning up against a tent at a NYC Occupy "protest" from a couple of summers ago. The person peering out of the tent-flaps had dred-locks down to his butt, which must smell something akin to a mange-ridden wet dog, but I saved the picture anyway because I liked the guy's sign. I let enough time pass before using his meme so that I wouldn't be thought of as an Occupy-type just in case anyone else had seen the same pic. LOL

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123