What to say to an open carry visitor at church? - Page 12
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: What to say to an open carry visitor at church?

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Only jerks who want to scare small children open carry.
    I think this thread has moved way past Open Carry
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Quote Originally Posted by tricolordad View Post
    Only jerks who want to scare small children open carry.
    Open carry is the 8th deadly sin.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    ďOne of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.Ē Ė Ralph Waldo Emerson

The biggest thing I see in this thread is this underlying spirit of rebellion; this idea that ďIf Iím going to serve God it has to be on my terms.Ē Thatís not the way Christianity works, in fact in every case I find in the Bible where people tried to come to Jesus on their own terms they got told ďNo.Ē In the Old Testament when the followers of Korah stepped out against Godís ordained plan of leadership for Israel the ground opened up and swallowed them. (how's that for a church that accepts people where they are)

The behavior that I see here is that the man came here with his decision already made that his church would rather people didnít open carry. Iím positive he didnít reach this conclusion on his own. I am sure, even if he didnít say it, that he sat down with some elders in his church and they decided on that policy together. And instead of not so much even supporting his decision as even recognizing his right to make it most of the people in this thread started slamming him for it.

Then all this bile against the Christian church started to surface and except one or two cases it all came from people claiming to be Christians who almost across the board made the same accusation that the church was a bunch of judgmental hypocrites because they donít accept people as they are (like you all did to the OP ?).

Iíve said it before but every time I hear about how Jesus met with the sinners and the whores I hear it from people that believe following Christ shouldnít involve any kind of change in their lives or effort on their part which tells me that you havenít read much Scripture because Jesus radically changed the lives of every person He called.

Jesus did meet with the sinners and the tax collectors and the whores but no where in Scripture is it even implied that He condoned their lifestyle in fact he routinely admonished people to leave their sinful lives behind and follow him. He didnít allow anyone to stay in their sin.

Knowing this I have a very hard time with this concept of the all inclusive church, where we all just get together and just love on Jesus and all behaviors are acceptable because we donít want to be judgmental. Again itís not Scriptural; your idea of what a church should be doesnít match the Biblical example of what a church should be.

As always if anyone want to show me a Scriptural precedent that proves me wrong I'm open to hearing it .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The biggest thing I see in this thread is this underlying spirit of rebellion; this idea that “If I’m going to serve God it has to be on my terms.” That’s not the way Christianity works, in fact in every case I find in the Bible where people tried to come to Jesus on their own terms they got told “No.” In the Old Testament when the followers of Korah stepped out against God’s ordained plan of leadership for Israel the ground opened up and swallowed them. (how's that for a church that accepts people where they are)

The behavior that I see here is that the man came here with his decision already made that his church would rather people didn’t open carry. I’m positive he didn’t reach this conclusion on his own. I am sure, even if he didn’t say it, that he sat down with some elders in his church and they decided on that policy together. And instead of not so much even supporting his decision as even recognizing his right to make it most of the people in this thread started slamming him for it.

Then all this bile against the Christian church started to surface and except one or two cases it all came from people claiming to be Christians who almost across the board made the same accusation that the church was a bunch of judgmental hypocrites because they don’t accept people as they are (like you all did to the OP ?).

I’ve said it before but every time I hear about how Jesus met with the sinners and the whores I hear it from people that believe following Christ shouldn’t involve any kind of change in their lives or effort on their part which tells me that you haven’t read much Scripture because Jesus radically changed the lives of every person He called.

Jesus did meet with the sinners and the tax collectors and the whores but no where in Scripture is it even implied that He condoned their lifestyle in fact he routinely admonished people to leave their sinful lives behind and follow him. He didn’t allow anyone to stay in their sin.

Knowing this I have a very hard time with this concept of the all inclusive church, where we all just get together and just love on Jesus and all behaviors are acceptable because we don’t want to be judgmental. Again it’s not Scriptural; your idea of what a church should be doesn’t match the Biblical example of what a church should be.

As always if anyone want to show me a Scriptural precedent that proves me wrong I'm open to hearing it .
    The real problem is you're trying to tell a bunch of Americans what they can or can't do (regardless of the property where this is taking place). They don't usually respond well to that. It also involves the one thing (carrying a gun) that we feel to be an unquestionable right. The fact is the 2A says nothing about how or where to carry as well as who can tell us how or where. It also says nothing about the right to bear arms unless it makes the other parishioners uncomfortable then you need to cover up or leave. The religious aspect is really just fodder to add fuel to this ever flaming fire. The issue is really much simpler than that. Who are you to modify my 2A right?
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

The biggest thing I see in this thread is this underlying spirit of rebellion; this idea that ďIf Iím going to serve God it has to be on my terms.Ē Thatís not the way Christianity works, in fact in every case I find in the Bible where people tried to come to Jesus on their own terms they got told ďNo.Ē In the Old Testament when the followers of Korah stepped out against Godís ordained plan of leadership for Israel the ground opened up and swallowed them. (how's that for a church that accepts people where they are)

The behavior that I see here is that the man came here with his decision already made that his church would rather people didnít open carry. Iím positive he didnít reach this conclusion on his own. I am sure, even if he didnít say it, that he sat down with some elders in his church and they decided on that policy together. And instead of not so much even supporting his decision as even recognizing his right to make it most of the people in this thread started slamming him for it.

Then all this bile against the Christian church started to surface and except one or two cases it all came from people claiming to be Christians who almost across the board made the same accusation that the church was a bunch of judgmental hypocrites because they donít accept people as they are (like you all did to the OP ?).

Iíve said it before but every time I hear about how Jesus met with the sinners and the whores I hear it from people that believe following Christ shouldnít involve any kind of change in their lives or effort on their part which tells me that you havenít read much Scripture because Jesus radically changed the lives of every person He called.

Jesus did meet with the sinners and the tax collectors and the whores but no where in Scripture is it even implied that He condoned their lifestyle in fact he routinely admonished people to leave their sinful lives behind and follow him. He didnít allow anyone to stay in their sin.

Knowing this I have a very hard time with this concept of the all inclusive church, where we all just get together and just love on Jesus and all behaviors are acceptable because we donít want to be judgmental. Again itís not Scriptural; your idea of what a church should be doesnít match the Biblical example of what a church should be.

I thought I was joking about open carry being the 8th deadly sin...but you actually think open carrying is a sin?

The more you stereotype all open carries, which you did right off the get go, the easier it is to stereotype all Christians that go to your church. What I see here, is one person who represents a church of judgmental hypocritical Christians trying to make themselves feel better, and feels his terms are somehow godly compared to his subservient peons below him.

I didn't realize there were prerequisites before I'm allowed to God...Oh wait there aren't..that's just in man's church. Might as well have a cover charge while your at it.

ďOne of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.Ē Ė Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    The biggest thing I see in this thread is this underlying spirit of rebellion; this idea that “If I’m going to serve God it has to be on my terms.” That’s not the way Christianity works,
    Really? It seems to me like you are the one saying, "If you are going to serve God here, then you are going to do it on our terms!" Isn't there a verse somewhere in a popular book that says something about taking the board out of your own eye before you try to pick the spec out of someone else's? Seriously, you are turning away a person for visibly carrying an object on their belt. An object that suddenly becomes OK to carry if it is hidden. An object that I carry on my belt to protect my family with from a violent attack.

And you talking about this spirit of rebellion.... excuse me?!? Who are you to set the terms of service for God?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    The real problem is you're trying to tell a bunch of Americans what they can or can't do (regardless of the property where this is taking place). They don't usually respond well to that. It also involves the one thing (carrying a gun) that we feel to be an unquestionable right. The fact is the 2A says nothing about how or where to carry as well as who can tell us how or where. It also says nothing about the right to bear arms unless it makes the other parishioners uncomfortable then you need to cover up or leave. The religious aspect is really just fodder to add fuel to this ever flaming fire. The issue is really much simpler than that. Who are you to modify my 2A right?
    So does your Second amendment right trump my right as a property owner? Can I come to your house and start spewing profanity in front of your wife and kids? I mean after all that is my First Amendment Right correct? Can I walk into your house with out an invitation? I mean I have a right to free travel correct?

Smile One mans opinion.

The Church is mans (society's) creation to God as a symbol of their love.
    ~
    You need no church (building) to speak to God or Christ. You need the desire to be open and receptive to his ways and teachings. You will need to give up those ways that are not in line with his teachings and become more Christ like in your daily life.
    ~
    That said, from a mustard seed, something good will grow. At that moment in time that you accept Christ as your savior or during the time leading up to that moment, will you immediately throw out all the demons from which you suffer? No, you will start a battle to cleanse you soul on your road to becoming more Christ like and being saved. Only God and you know how long this going to take and whether or not you will be successful in your attempts. I say attempts as with all battles for mans soul there are set backs and losses, but if you really want this you will, with the hand of God and Christ's daily help you will succeed and overcome those demons that have plagued your life.
    ~
    People go to a church (building) to find those that can and will help them on their journey to a better life and stronger faith in their religious belief. If those people do not accept them with open arms and the willingness to support them on their journey to be more Christ like then I ask. What is your purpose in this world? For I say to you believe in man for he will fulfill God's wishes for our society. For those of us who slip along the way and we ALL do at some time you can not turn you backs and forsake them to their demons.
    ~
    I left the Church (as a child of 12 years old with the support of my father a deacon of the church) because of a difference in understanding of being baptized. the minister would not accepted the church's change in doctrine of child baptism and harassed me until I gave up 2 years of study to join the church and left for good, the church (building) not my God. It took me 40 years to return to church and in doing so became a child of God and was baptized, finding out that nothing had really changed in the church (building) and after having a catastrophic medical event and being almost completely forgotten by the congregation of the church, I have left again. Again only the church for my faith will not be shaken by mere mortals. I do NOT need a building to attend to maintain my faith, nor do I need the support of hypocrites to keep my faith strong, I stand before you today a man of God with Christ as my Savior.
    ~
    If you are unwilling to accept a man or woman for who they are without having to prey on what they are, then YOU need to strengthen your faith and become more open to mankind less mankind suffer a traumatic religious event allowing the demons of heart to take over and forever rule us forever.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

Quote Originally Posted by jfisch View Post
    I do feel private property owners have the Right to control firearms on their property...but just like all businesses that restrict me from open carrying, I will treat them all the same. They are anti gun, and in such unwelcoming to me, and everyone that asks me about that place will know I do not recommend their business.

So does your Second amendment right trump my right as a property owner? Can I come to your house and start spewing profanity in front of your wife and kids? I mean after all that is my First Amendment Right correct? Can I walk into your house with out an invitation? I mean I have a right to free travel correct?
    What I learned from this thread:

Open carry actually IS the 8th deadly sin.

Open carriers are all rebellious and disruptive.

Open carriers are all prostitutes/whores.

Open carriers are more dangerous than concealed carriers.

An object on a belt doing nothing is the same as verbally assaulting someone.

What else am I going to learn from this Jesus like figure.

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast