What to say to an open carry visitor at church? - Page 28
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: What to say to an open carry visitor at church?

For the most part we still don't know if the folks who consider OC to be the most important thing (Hypocrisy??? Give me a break! Everyone has a private life that they don't put on display for the world to see.) actually attend a church where OC is permitted.

Step back and take a look at the tone of the posts in this thread - IF you can. Which ones sound shrill and which ones don't??? Hm-m-m???

To carry your premise through, why does concealed carry exist? The CC'er is, by this definition, ALWAYS deceiving the people he's mingling with... (Actually, I think that some of the OC'ers on the forum feel this way...)
    Lewis - NRA Life - Oregon Firearms Federation - National Assoc. for Gun Rights

Gun control is NOT about guns, it's about CONTROL.

Quote Originally Posted by K7lvo View Post
    For the most part we still don't know if the folks who consider OC to be the most important thing (Hypocrisy??? Give me a break! Everyone has a private life that they don't put on display for the world to see.) actually attend a church where OC is permitted.

Step back and take a look at the tone of the posts in this thread - IF you can. Which ones sound shrill and which ones don't??? Hm-m-m???

To carry your premise through, why does concealed carry exist? The CC'er is, by this definition, ALWAYS deceiving the people he's mingling with... (Actually, I think that some of the OC'ers on the forum feel this way...)
    Why does whether someone attends a church that allows OC a factor in the hypocrisy of a church that doesn't allow OC but does allow unfettered CC all in the name of "security" or "preventing disturbances"? Does a person first have to attend a church to be "allowed" to comment upon said hypocrisy?

Oh... about that "hypocrisy" thing......if a person is following God the way the religious ... ummm... defenders in this thread are demanding others do then they should not have a private life that needs to be hidden.

And CC exists for the sole purpose of deceiving those around the person carrying into thinking they don't have a gun because .... no gun is visible. That is why CC is the preferred carry method of the criminal so his victims will be deceived into "feeling" they are "safe"......... right up to the moment the criminal whips out his "element of surprise" onto his victim.

Which only supports my contention that the "no OC but CC is Ok" policy is discriminatory, hypocritical, and just plain useless from a "security" standpoint.... and it also will not prevent a "disturbance" when a CC'd gun is accidentally exposed so that attempt at justification fails also.

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    There's really not a nice way to say this so I'm just going to say it.

If you really want to make a hypocrite mad, tell them the truth
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    There's really not a nice way to say this so I'm just going to say it.

If you really want to make a hypocrite mad, tell them the truth
    Is that why you are so angry?

Ok... I just asked for forgiveness for taking advantage of such an easy opportunity.

Oh... and I didn't have to go to church to so I could "hear from God" to do that either...

Dang... asking for forgiveness again.........

Just like any business no shirt no shoes no service. It is the owners right. You have the right to go where you choose. Ain't American great!

In God We Trust. Sent using USA Carry App.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    For the most part we still don't know if the folks who consider OC to be the most important thing
    We still don't know that you have the ability to comprehend what you're "reading" considering that not one single OC'er in this thread has said that it is "the most important thing." All anyone has argued since Treo dishonestly entered this thread as "Cypher" saying that he's a Church Elder (which we don't really know) and that he's a part of the security team for a 24,000-member congregation (which we really don't know) which welcomes and embraces CC'ers (which we really don't know) while assigning a security team member (or maybe members) to an OC'er during any of 3 or 4 (sorry, don't remember exactly what he said about that) services they might attend to sit behind/around/surrounding him for the duration of their first OC'ing visit there, but then tell them after they've demonstrated their peaceful and prayerful intentions that they aren't welcome to come back unless they leave their weapon at home/in their vehicle or conceal it (which we really don't know), and the reason we really don't know is because all that was said by someone posting as a newcomer when they've got YEARS of history on this site.

Oddly enough, all the folks who consider "Cypher's" take on OC in church to be credible and non-hypocritical, we also don't know why they haven't condemned such dishonesty while they're pontificating about what is acceptable in Christian churches!

(Hypocrisy??? Give me a break! Everyone has a private life that they don't put on display for the world to see.) actually attend a church where OC is permitted.
    Yes, hypocrisy. And no, you don't get a break just because you refuse to see it. A liar is demanding justification for where they worship from those who have said over and over again that that liar's church is welcome to whatever policy it wishes to institute, but that they'll pick their own church thankyouverymuch. The hypocrisy is in claiming that the OC ban is a "security measure" but that the allowing of CC is embraced and welcomed for all, even those who would harm the large congregation. It is outright bigotry and idiocy to accept that meme from anybody, but especially from someone who is running a scam on who he is to begin with.

OK, let's start with yours, the one I'm replying to right now, hm-m-m?

For the most part we still don't know if the folks who consider OC to be the most important thing
    No one, not a single OC'er or OC supporter has said any such thing. Not even close. You, along with Treo/Cypher, have asked us to answer for a dishonest meme that you made up, and yet the idea that it is somehow un-Christian-like to disagree with that idiotic "security measure" has not been disavowed by either of you. The whole discussion has devolved into one side stating their opinions and the other side using dishonest memes to justify that idiotic policy. It's not idiotic because it bans OC, but because it doesn't likewise ban CC. Only then could it conceivably be called a security measure. As long as it is as it is though, it's tantamount to white folk sitting at the front of the bus so they don't have to see the blacks that are relegated to the back. So the OC'ers have said they will choose a church where they can share the Sanctuary with the rest of the parishioners at the front of the bus. They have answered that question by saying that.

Actually, I read OC'ers' as just wishing that other gun owners and gun rights advocates would treat them the same as they treat CC'ers. I don't get the impression that they want any special consideration at all. The evidence that I'm wrong about that certainly can't be found in this thread. Only outright bigotry against them can be. Are you on the right side of that equation K7lvo?

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

ENOUGH!

Is "Cypher" also "Treo"?

I want to know the actual factual truth. Because...

If a poster will use a fake name to present controversial postings hoping to protect their other name from being associated with that controversy... then... that person is being less than honest and very much less than honorable. Which also casts that persons postings (from both user names!) in a less than honorable and less than honest light.

So... Cypher.. this is directed specifically at you...

Are you and Treo one and the same person/poster on USACarry?

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Is that why you are so angry?

Ok... I just asked for forgiveness for taking advantage of such an easy opportunity.

Oh... and I didn't have to go to church to so I could "hear from God" to do that either...

Dang... asking for forgiveness again.........
    You are tooooo much! Cypher has posted his thoughts and his church's policies in straightforward, understandable ways, only to be met by spitting and snarling dersion, attempts to justify and/or divert - much like your above post - and failure to respond to the most simple question (Where do you OC'ers go to church?)

The one thing I've learned about militant OC'ers is that they will sacrifice EVERYTHING in an attempt to justify their position.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    We still don't know that you have the ability to comprehend what you're "reading" considering that not one single OC'er in this thread has said that it is "the most important thing." All anyone has argued since Treo dishonestly entered this thread as "Cypher" saying that he's a Church Elder (which we don't really know) and that he's a part of the security team for a 24,000-member congregation (which we really don't know) which welcomes and embraces CC'ers (which we really don't know) while assigning a security team member (or maybe members) to an OC'er during any of 3 or 4 (sorry, don't remember exactly what he said about that) services they might attend to sit behind/around/surrounding him for the duration of their first OC'ing visit there, but then tell them after they've demonstrated their peaceful and prayerful intentions that they aren't welcome to come back unless they leave their weapon at home/in their vehicle or conceal it (which we really don't know), and the reason we really don't know is because all that was said by someone posting as a newcomer when they've got YEARS of history on this site.

Oddly enough, all the folks who consider "Cypher's" take on OC in church to be credible and non-hypocritical, we also don't know why they haven't condemned such dishonesty while they're pontificating about what is acceptable in Christian churches!

Yes, hypocrisy. And no, you don't get a break just because you refuse to see it. A liar is demanding justification for where they worship from those who have said over and over again that that liar's church is welcome to whatever policy it wishes to institute, but that they'll pick their own church thankyouverymuch. The hypocrisy is in claiming that the OC ban is a "security measure" but that the allowing of CC is embraced and welcomed for all, even those who would harm the large congregation. It is outright bigotry and idiocy to accept that meme from anybody, but especially from someone who is running a scam on who he is to begin with.

OK, let's start with yours, the one I'm replying to right now, hm-m-m?

No one, not a single OC'er or OC supporter has said any such thing. Not even close. You, along with Treo/Cypher, have asked us to answer for a dishonest meme that you made up, and yet the idea that it is somehow un-Christian-like to disagree with that idiotic "security measure" has not been disavowed by either of you. The whole discussion has devolved into one side stating their opinions and the other side using dishonest memes to justify that idiotic policy. It's not idiotic because it bans OC, but because it doesn't likewise ban CC. Only then could it conceivably be called a security measure. As long as it is as it is though, it's tantamount to white folk sitting at the front of the bus so they don't have to see the blacks that are relegated to the back. So the OC'ers have said they will choose a church where they can share the Sanctuary with the rest of the parishioners at the front of the bus. They have answered that question by saying that.

Actually, I read OC'ers' as just wishing that other gun owners and gun rights advocates would treat them the same as they treat CC'ers. I don't get the impression that they want any special consideration at all. The evidence that I'm wrong about that certainly can't be found in this thread. Only outright bigotry against them can be. Are you on the right side of that equation K7lvo?

Blues
    You have completely demonstrated the inability to look at the situation objectively. Yes, militant OC'ers consider OC'ing THE most important thing, and attempt to deflect/redirect in any way possible in a vain attempt to support their point. Okay, the more reasonable of us have that figuringed out. The point has been made. The anti-gunners march on, while factions of the pro gunners eat each other. For this reason, I'm done with this.

You are tooooo much! Cypher has posted his thoughts and his church's policies in straightforward, understandable ways, only to be met by spitting and snarling dersion, attempts to justify and/or divert - much like your above post - and failure to respond to the most simple question (Where do you OC'ers go to church?)

The one thing I've learned about militant OC'ers is that they will sacrifice EVERYTHING in an attempt to justify their position.
    The Brady campaign also posts their policies in straightforward, understandable ways...doesn't make them right...or intelligent.

Might as well call the adamant cc'ers Brady lite members.

I do not go to the establishment known as church. I believe church is much more intimate. I worship and study with my fellow Christians who can actually focus on God while those around them are carrying a firearm, wherever we may choose to go (ie: different homes, parks, cafe's, etc).

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast