What to say to an open carry visitor at church? - Page 32
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: What to say to an open carry visitor at church?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    IKARITH, in a previuos post you used the words sin and carry in sentences a few times. do you feel that carrying a gun is a sin?
    You must be joining this thread late. ;) I carry everywhere, all the time. If my gun is not welcome, then I am not welcome. I don't wear it openly, but it's no secret to anyone who really knows me that YES, I am carrying.

Just saw this and figured it was worth adding:

Concealed Carrying Church Pastor Captures Suspected Armed Robber at Gunpoint

Nice. :)

4. Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    You must be joining this thread late. ;) I carry everywhere, all the time. If my gun is not welcome, then I am not welcome. I don't wear it openly, but it's no secret to anyone who really knows me that YES, I am carrying.
    didn't answer my question. please do

5. I only go where I can get away with CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlpalmer View Post
    I only go where I can get away with CC.
    So do all the criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    didn't answer my question. please do
    I am a Knight of Columbus, relatively serious about my Catholic faith, and I carry a gun. I have spoken in favor of gun rights, publicly and on video, and in this very thread which you obviously have jumped into without bothering to read. Had you bothered to read more than a couple of messages, you would understand exactly why I take deep personal offense at your question.

Since you will reply to this and again accuse me of thinking it is a sin to carry a gun, let me be clear:

No, carrying a gun is not a sin.
    But being as dense as you are willfully being might be.

bing98507,

May I suggest, Why not present a sermon to your congregation on our God given rights, you could include something on our Second Amendment. For example, Luke 22 vs. 36,37 and 38. Where Jesus says to sell your robe and buy a sword. He later replied, that two swords would be enough.

Now you could instruct your church on those that choose to open carry and those that conceal carry and that we should welcome both to worship with us. Now the congregation will not "freak out" if they see someone that open carries. I'm sure Jesus was among people that openly carried swords.

Use this opportunity to bring everyone together to share the Love of Christ.

9. I think in Georgia it is against the law to carry in a church? Feedback wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Billyc525 View Post
    I think in Georgia it is against the law to carry in a church? Feedback wanted

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf

A person shall be guilty of carrying a weapon or long gun in an unauthorized location and punished as for a misdemeanor when he or she carries a weapon or long gun while:
    (1) In a government building;
    (2) In a courthouse;
    (3) In a jail or prison;
    (4) In a place of worship;
    (5) In a state mental health facility as defined in Code Section 37-1-1 which admits individuals on an
    involuntary basis for treatment of mental illness, developmental disability, or addictive disease;
    provided, however, that carrying a weapon or long gun in such location in a manner in
    compliance with paragraph (3) of subsection (d) of this Code section shall not constitute a
    violation of this subsection;
    (6) In a bar, unless the owner of the bar permits the carrying of weapons or long guns by license
    holders;
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

11. Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    I am a Knight of Columbus, relatively serious about my Catholic faith, and I carry a gun. I have spoken in favor of gun rights, publicly and on video, and in this very thread which you obviously have jumped into without bothering to read. Had you bothered to read more than a couple of messages, you would understand exactly why I take deep personal offense at your question.

Since you will reply to this and again accuse me of thinking it is a sin to carry a gun, let me be clear:

No, carrying a gun is not a sin.
    But being as dense as you are willfully being might be.
    I did not accuse you of anything, you are the one that put guns and sin together a few times. i just asked a legitimate question that you were reluctant to answer. thank you for your answer, i hope you really do believe that

but to address your insulting and angry response. if you are really this angry from a simple question, maybe you shouldn't carry at all. you may want to bully someone because you have a gun. you should have a evaluation done

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast