What to say to an open carry visitor at church? - Page 33
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: What to say to an open carry visitor at church?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    I did not accuse you of anything, you are the one that put guns and sin together a few times. i just asked a legitimate question that you were reluctant to answer. thank you for your answer, i hope you really do believe that

but to address your insulting and angry response. if you are really this angry from a simple question, maybe you shouldn't carry at all. you may want to bully someone because you have a gun. you should have a evaluation done
    Again with the accusations? You must be great at parties. You're entitled to your opinion I suppose.

But what kind of idiot jumps into a 300+ message flamewar and starts throwing bombs without reading it and expects not to get burned? I'm entitled to my opinion likewise that such an idiot would be named Chris Rakes.

Actually, you've now discussed the relationship of firearms and sin far more than I ever did. And I merely suggested that responding to a man who open carried in a church by surrounding him with armed guards and then confronting/disinviting him after services and falling back on accusing anyone who disagrees with you of sin is itself sinful. If you don't know the difference between that and the Biblically indefensible position that to own/carry a firearm is sinful, then you are an idiot of the highest order. And if you had bothered to read the messages of this thread before you opened your mouth, you'd have had your answer already since I explicitly argued IN THIS THREAD several times that it was explicitly not a sin to carry a firearm.

If you had opened your eyes first and not your mouth, you'd have seen that I was accused of being "Satanic" for saying so. Oh, but you didn't read, did you? Instead you started making accusations, like an idiot. And yet, you dare suggest that I have some kind of problem?

And for the record, in five unprovoked instances of criminal aggression against me since I purchased my first handgun (two muggings, two assaults, and one assault with a deadly weapon), only one man has ever seen it pointed his direction. That'd be the assault with a deadly weapon incident. I didn't feel like messing around with the guy running at me with a knife in his hand. I kept my distance and drew. He, as you might predict, decided he needed to be somewhere else when he saw the laser. This was just outside of a Safeway, in full view of the store security guard, who called police. They arrested him three blocks away, clearly intoxicated and bleeding because he managed to cut himself in his hasty exit from the situation.

The others ended without a firearm-related incident, though self-defense was required in two of the cases. The others wouldn't have even known I carried a gun except that I broke a mugger's wrist. He protested this to the arresting officer, who'd already run my ID (and CHL) and told him, "You're lucky he didn't shoot you in the chest!" Thanks officer, tell the dirtbag I've got a gun so he knows to bring his next time… *facepalm*

And why so many incidents lately? Dunno. Most of them have been since Occupy, but I cannot actually blame Occupy for that since it's long since been dispersed. The fact is that the statistics say crime rates have been steadily climbing since 2007 and more sharply since 2011. That I ride public transit, including at night, and that the gangs are trying to establish themselves in this part of down are both notable problems.

A low tolerance for BS on a forum does not make a person violent.

Simple: If it were my church, I would say welcome. Or, is that 9mm, or .45?

4. Quote Originally Posted by iKarith View Post
    Again with the accusations? You must be great at parties. You're entitled to your opinion I suppose.

But what kind of idiot jumps into a 300+ message flamewar and starts throwing bombs without reading it and expects not to get burned? I'm entitled to my opinion likewise that such an idiot would be named Chris Rakes.

Actually, you've now discussed the relationship of firearms and sin far more than I ever did. And I merely suggested that responding to a man who open carried in a church by surrounding him with armed guards and then confronting/disinviting him after services and falling back on accusing anyone who disagrees with you of sin is itself sinful. If you don't know the difference between that and the Biblically indefensible position that to own/carry a firearm is sinful, then you are an idiot of the highest order. And if you had bothered to read the messages of this thread before you opened your mouth, you'd have had your answer already since I explicitly argued IN THIS THREAD several times that it was explicitly not a sin to carry a firearm.

If you had opened your eyes first and not your mouth, you'd have seen that I was accused of being "Satanic" for saying so. Oh, but you didn't read, did you? Instead you started making accusations, like an idiot. And yet, you dare suggest that I have some kind of problem?

And for the record, in five unprovoked instances of criminal aggression against me since I purchased my first handgun (two muggings, two assaults, and one assault with a deadly weapon), only one man has ever seen it pointed his direction. That'd be the assault with a deadly weapon incident. I didn't feel like messing around with the guy running at me with a knife in his hand. I kept my distance and drew. He, as you might predict, decided he needed to be somewhere else when he saw the laser. This was just outside of a Safeway, in full view of the store security guard, who called police. They arrested him three blocks away, clearly intoxicated and bleeding because he managed to cut himself in his hasty exit from the situation.

The others ended without a firearm-related incident, though self-defense was required in two of the cases. The others wouldn't have even known I carried a gun except that I broke a mugger's wrist. He protested this to the arresting officer, who'd already run my ID (and CHL) and told him, "You're lucky he didn't shoot you in the chest!" Thanks officer, tell the dirtbag I've got a gun so he knows to bring his next time… *facepalm*

And why so many incidents lately? Dunno. Most of them have been since Occupy, but I cannot actually blame Occupy for that since it's long since been dispersed. The fact is that the statistics say crime rates have been steadily climbing since 2007 and more sharply since 2011. That I ride public transit, including at night, and that the gangs are trying to establish themselves in this part of down are both notable problems.

A low tolerance for BS on a forum does not make a person violent.
    wow what an angry and bloated response. you must think a lot of your self. really shows a narcissistic attitude. since i wrote things and did not open my mouth.

such anger with a legitimate question. you said a few times in a post were you associated guns and sin. all i asked for was a clarification.
    yet you attack me with insults and ridiculous accusations. i can assure you one thing i am not is an idiot, and is it not idiotic to accuse someone of it, without knowing what you are talking about. using such language for such a nonsensical thing is exactly what an idiot would do

With such anger you have shown for just a simple question, and since i did not accuse you of anything, i think you should really look into some anger management. i know you are conceited, and narcissistic, that you don't realize you have this anger. that is why i ask you to get professional help.

just remembered this, "The way of the fool is right in his own eyes; but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise". Prov 12:15

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233