Open carry vs concealed carry
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open carry vs concealed carry

1. Open carry vs concealed carry

I haven't looked into it yet, but I'm assuming that since the State of Maryland makes it difficult to get a concealed carry permit that an Open Carry permit would be out of the question. Does anyone know what somebody has to do in Maryland to get either carry permit?

Blog Entries
    I suggest you look harder.
    Specifically here: Maryland Discussion and Firearm News
    or here: Maryland Concealed Carry Permit Information
    or here: http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/maryland.pdf

Most topics have a place and/or have been covered 100s of times so look a little longer, you'll find what you need.
    "It is not malicious acts that will do us in but the appalling silence and indifference of good people. All that is needed for evil to run rampant is for good women and men to do nothing." -MLK Jr Current Carry: Ruger SR40c

Quote Originally Posted by ralphers529 View Post
    I haven't looked into it yet, but I'm assuming that since the State of Maryland makes it difficult to get a concealed carry permit that an Open Carry permit would be out of the question. Does anyone know what somebody has to do in Maryland to get either carry permit?
    Your location???

For all new people, we don't need your exact address. At least post what state you are in so we know how to answer your question. Most gun questions are VERY state specific.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Your location???

For all new people, we don't need your exact address. At least post what state you are in so we know how to answer your question. Most gun questions are VERY state specific.
    State of Maryland?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    State of Maryland?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    Thanks, I know that he may be asking about Maryland. But is he actually in Maryland, or traveling to? Again, it may affect his ability to get a permit. Plus it was a general statement to all new posters that their question will be best answered by people in their area.
    Permit for OC? Ugh face palm.

7. I asked a State police Corporal- he said don't bother applying- save the $20. They have one dude that processes the apps and when he sends to Annapolis to get info, it takes weeks. Then you have a snowballs chance of getting it. Probabaly the fastest way to get a permit is to join a police department...

Maryland...........Lot and LOTS of money. Gotta be hook up to get hook up. JUZ saying
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Quote Originally Posted by ralphers529 View Post
    an Open Carry permit would be out of the question.
    An Open Carry permit for Massachusetts would definitely be out of the question since it does not exist.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I have an o.c.p. from Calif. along with a current guard card, is this permit good in any other state?

11. Quote Originally Posted by vjo81buck View Post
    I have an o.c.p. from Calif. along with a current guard card, is this permit good in any other state?
    What is an o.c.p. from California?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast