Do you open carry in church - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you open carry in church

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The possession of firearms is prohibited on the property where I attend services. Sometimes they even do random vehicle searches to check for such things as firearms and other contraband items. But I seriously doubt that more than a couple of people that I worship with would have any issue with firearms in church if we were allowed to possess them on military installations.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    WOW, where do you worship, communist China. they really search cars in the parking lot? what if you have some contribution , like a book. do they burn it right there are do they wait till they have more

for you guys that "don't want to be a distraction", are you that EGOTISTICAL, like people that sing the national anthem think everyone is looking at them
    WOW, reading comprehension much? Obviously not.
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Last I heard, NavyLCDR was deployed on a ship, aircraft carrier if I recall correctly. Not sure if he's back on land now, but if he isn't, it would umm....mox a diff.
    That would make it very difficult to find an alternative place of worship, would it not?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    So, in the context of worship, where it’s entirely your option where to worship it’s acceptable for the government to disarm you completely but hypocritical for my church to ask you to conceal your weapon.

And this is apparently so acceptable to you that even when you have the option of finding like minded armed people to worship with you choose to worship with like minded disarmed people?

I’m sorry but not even Sheldon Cooper could follow that train of logic

And with you also I am done
    Where did I say that it was acceptable for the government to disarm us? If you lived in a predominately non-Christian neighborhood where Christians were "discouraged" from worshipping, what would you do? Would you just go and worship with the Christians in the neighborhood across town where you wouldn't have to worry about the non-Christians and their persecution? It sounds like that is what you are suggesting. Is that what Christ told us to do in the Bible? Does your church not send missionaries to countries where the Christian religon is illegal? Does not the Bible encourage us to worship with fellow Christians who are under oppression from their government?

If a city or state government banned the display of the cross, what would you do? Would you leave the city and just worship in a place where the display of the cross was not banned? Or would you worship with the people whose desire was to display the cross, but had to live under that particular law?

You may be done with me, but I would sure like to hear your answers to the above.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

5. Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Last I heard, NavyLCDR was deployed on a ship, aircraft carrier if I recall correctly. Not sure if he's back on land now, but if he isn't, it would umm....mox a diff.
    I am currently stationed on board USS Nimitz. I can neither confirm nor deny if and/or where we are currently deployed :-)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    Anyone so "fanatically opposed" to a church that does not allow open carry should shake the dust off his boots and go find a church that does allow open carry. Military installation or not, IMO it's mox nix.

You Reap What You Sow, More Than What You Sow, Later Than You Sow
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

7. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Anyone so "fanatically opposed" to a church that does not allow open carry should shake the dust off his boots and go find a church that does allow open carry. Military installation or not, IMO it's mox nix.
    The chapel does not oppose open carry. The chapel does oppose violating Federal regulations.

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Where did I say that it was acceptable for the government to disarm us? If you lived in a predominately non-Christian neighborhood where Christians were "discouraged" from worshipping, what would you do? Would you just go and worship with the Christians in the neighborhood across town where you wouldn't have to worry about the non-Christians and their persecution? It sounds like that is what you are suggesting. Is that what Christ told us to do in the Bible? Does your church not send missionaries to countries where the Christian religon is illegal? Does not the Bible encourage us to worship with fellow Christians who are under oppression from their government?

If a city or state government banned the display of the cross, what would you do? Would you leave the city and just worship in a place where the display of the cross was not banned? Or would you worship with the people whose desire was to display the cross, but had to live under that particular law?

You may be done with me, but I would sure like to hear your answers to the above.

IMO you are discussing two separate topics. I don’t see a base wide prohibition on carry of firearms as government oppression. It’s their property and (in port) your option to worship in an on base chapel or not. I’d find it a lot easier to accept that you like the church on base enough that you choose to disarm in order to worship there rather than the idea that it’s some symbolic gesture of solidarity with your oppressed brethren and I certainly don’t see it as an example of enduring persecution for Christ.

As for true persecution, the Bible makes it clear that Christians will suffer persecution for Christ. The Bible also makes it clear that if we suffer for our own wrong doing we shouldn’t claim that as persecution and remember these passages were written by men who were beaten for their faith, imprisoned for their faith, stoned for their faith and in most cases ultimately killed for their faith; that’s true persecution.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to point out that the minor gnat stings that the American church is currently experiencing do not qualifiy as persecution in my book either.

It would be very easy for me to say I’d be right there in the trenches when it’s my turn and that I’d defy the state and display my cross anyway but I am positive that apart from God giving me the strength to stand I’d fall just like Peter did. It was roughly six weeks from the night Peter denied vehemently that he even knew Christ (and if you study Luke you’ll note that he did it right in front of Jesus) to the day that he stood in the Temple square and told the Pharisees to their face that Jesus Christ was the Messiah of God and that they had Crucified Him. Only God could change a man that radically that quick and it’s only the strength of God that allows Christians to stand in the face of persecution.

I'd like to suggest the following books if you'd like to learn about persecution

http://www.amazon.com/Jesus-Freaks-D.../dp/1577780728

http://www.amazon.com/The-Hiding-Pla.../dp/0553256696
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Since we’re all sitting here examining each other’s Christian street cred, I’d like to just throw another off topic question out since this is something the Bible irrefutably directs Christians to do

When was the last time you shared the Gospel with a complete stranger or, even scarier, a close friend?
    When was the last time you told someone FACE TO FACE that apart from Jesus Christ they were going to spend eternity in Hell?
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    For some unfathomable reason, you're being as ridiculous as Treo. "" back atcha, Brother.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I am currently stationed on board USS Nimitz. I can neither confirm nor deny if and/or where we are currently deployed :-)
    Apparently you should swim ashore and shake the seaweed off your boots before finding an acceptable church to attend.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast