Do you open carry in church - Page 6
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you open carry in church

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    I'm almost afraid to say it but the strife in this thread is borderline demonic. I'm done with it
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

This entire church prohibition of open carry reminds me of the gun control problem as a whole in this country.

Similarities:
    1. The select few choose what the People get to do.
    2. They won't actually ask the People what they want.
    3. If they do ask, they ignore anything that goes against their agenda.
    4. They base their decisions off of feelings, and not logic. Don't let a crisis go wasted.
    5. They spin it off as a safety concern.
    6. All problems stem from gun owners, and not the weak minded.

The decisions and attitude that the church elders place on their congregation, can't be good for the gun control problem outside of church. Especially when they use the same illogical method as the Brady campaign and our government.

Ah...but we aren't talking logic are we...we are talking feelings.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    So your suggestion for anyone deployed on a naval ship is to then jump off that ship and swim through shark infested waters to the nearest land that has a church that does allow someone to carry openly rather than worship with his shipmates?
    Stupid question.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I have already answered that “no” however BS continues to insist that I am so all I can really do is ignore him and try to make my point anyway
    Really? You think it is just Blues who thinks you are Treo? Wow, you are delusional. Many of us agree with that assessment.

You write the same, you live in the same area, you either live near or go to the same church, you make the same inane arguments, and your style of argumentation is exactly the same. It doesn't take much to see you are Treo. The fact that you came on the scene one day before Treo's last post speaks volumes to you being one in the same person.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Stupid question.
    Stupid response to someone deployed on a naval ship to brush the dust off their boots and worship elsewhere since they don't allow carrying. So I ask again, is he supposed to jump off that ship and swim to the nearest land where he can open carry? You can ignore it or call it stupid all you want, but you put yourself in this particular corner.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Stupid response to someone deployed on a naval ship to brush the dust off their boots and worship elsewhere since they don't allow carrying. So I ask again, is he supposed to jump off that ship and swim to the nearest land where he can open carry? You can ignore it or call it stupid all you want, but you put yourself in this particular corner.
    How stupid that you can't figure it out for yourself. You've gone so far with this discussion that you've lost all common sense. Answer to your stupid question...Don't attend service aboard ship. Find a suitable church after debarking ship in port.
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

How stupid that you can't figure it out for yourself. You've gone so far with this discussion that you've lost all common sense. Answer to your stupid question...Don't attend service aboard ship. Find a suitable church after debarking ship in port.
    So he shouldn't keep holy the Sabbath by attending church since he can't carry on board a naval ship? That's your response... don't go church at all? So open carrying takes so much precedence to you that if deployed, one should not worship with others at all. And now you call me stupid? I'm sorry, I find that absolutely incredulous that you, of all people on this forum (I base this on how well you understand Scripture and how much you have presented to all of us that you are a true Christian), would suggest not worshiping with others solely on the basis that he is deployed and cannot carry a firearm on board a naval ship.

Truly, I am flabbergasted that this is your stance... not going to church for 7 months to a year (this is how long a typical deployment lasts where sailors won't see American soil again) and denying oneself any type of worship with other Christian brethren.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Now wait just a minute. Shouldn't you as a matter of principle shake the dust off your boots and go find a church that allows open carry ?
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You funny guy, you! No, I would rather worship with the Christians who are under the same government imposed regulations that I am who are equally as disappointed with their lack of ability to carry firearms where they worship as I am. It's called worshipping with people of like minds.
    He made it quite clear this is on a military installation where our personnel are denied their rights since it is Federal property.
    mox nix.
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    What does that mean in relation to what wolf_fire said? (I don't know what it means at all, so I guess just start there and I'll see if I can suss out for myself how it relates to what you were replying to.)

Blues
    mox nix..originated with American soldiers stationed in Germany after World War II. An American spelling of the German expression "macht nichts" which means roughly, "it makes no difference."

Cypher said.."Shouldn't you as a matter of principle shake the dust off your boots and go find a church that allows open carry"?

wolf_fire said.."He made it quite clear this is on a military installation where our personnel are denied their rights since it is Federal property"

I said..."mox nix"
    Last I heard, NavyLCDR was deployed on a ship, aircraft carrier if I recall correctly. Not sure if he's back on land now, but if he isn't, it would umm....mox a diff.
    That would make it very difficult to find an alternative place of worship, would it not?
    I am currently stationed on board USS Nimitz. I can neither confirm nor deny if and/or where we are currently deployed :-)
    Anyone so "fanatically opposed" to a church that does not allow open carry should shake the dust off his boots and go find a church that does allow open carry. Military installation or not, IMO it's mox nix.
    The chapel does not oppose open carry. The chapel does oppose violating Federal regulations.
    For some unfathomable reason, you're being as ridiculous as Treo. "" back atcha, Brother.

Blues
    Apparently you should swim ashore and shake the seaweed off your boots before finding an acceptable church to attend.
    So your suggestion for anyone deployed on a naval ship is to then jump off that ship and swim through shark infested waters to the nearest land that has a church that does allow someone to carry openly rather than worship with his shipmates?
    Stupid question.
    Unless I accidentally missed one or two references, the above is the entire thread of the "shake the dust off your boots" meme. The dishonest "Cypher" started it, and Navy went beyond any obligation he had by actually answering his smart-a$$ remark, which was based solely on a dishonest meme that "Cypher" (and maybe others) made up concerning what's been said by OC'ers and OC supporters about OC'ing in church.

In case you're unaware, an American aircraft carrier is a "military installation." Navy confirmed that he is stationed on the Nimitz. Wolf responded to your "mox nix" thing because, like I also responded, being on an aircraft carrier might well "mox a diff" for Navy being able to "shake the dust" blah blah blah.

And I say again, for some inexplicable reason, you're being as ridiculous as "Cypher" is by calling wolf's replies to your obvious misreading of the thread "stupid." Now you're saying that Navy should not worship at all in a Ship's Chapel, or that he shouldn't choose whichever church he wishes to visit for whatever reasons he wishes to visit it, all because of something that neither he or anyone else but the dishonest "Cypher" made up that they said. No one in any of these threads EVER said that OC was "THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, period. All anyone has done is question the security aspect that "Cypher" claims is the basis for his church's no-OC policy. No one has said that his church doesn't have every right in the world to institute such a policy, they/we have simply pointed out the blatant fallacy that it provides one iota of "security" at all if hundreds of people per service, some of whom will be newcomers at every such service, are carrying concealed. That is the only "stupidity" in these threads, to think that such a ridiculous "security" policy has any validity to it when it creates so many blatant and obvious security breaches.

I'll admit I don't know my Bible well enough to argue with either you or Treo about it, Ringo, but I know a damned lot about security, tactics, disaster plans, triage and escape and evacuation, and I'm telling you unequivocally that the only "security" that "Cypher's" church's policy provides is for the shooter(s) when some whack-job(s) on a suicide mission that his church invites in and welcomes as one of their own show up with no scrutiny whatsoever.

Good grief, this has gotten ridiculous. The only people who have been honest throughout these three threads are the ones who have accurately and honestly evaluated the policy I just commented on. Otherwise, the dishonest people who make up arguments of others out of whole clothe are supported by comments and "likes" from people I never would have predicted couldn't recognize dishonesty when it was right in front of them. Strange days people, strange days indeed.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    I'll admit I don't know my Bible well enough to argue with either you or Treo about it, Ringo,
    Translation: Since I can’t refute Cypher’s argument I will attack and impugn his character any way I can (right out of rules for radicals)

but I know a damned lot about security, tactics, disaster plans, triage and escape and evacuation,
    Is this “knowledge based on experience and training or you tube videos? You needn’t bother answering it was a rhetorical question
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    How stupid that you can't figure out the difference between a church that prohibits OC by choice (church policy) and a church where open carry is prohibited by law. Maybe I can break it down Barney style for you. Many people say that they will boycott businesses that prohibit firearms. So...concentrate really hard and try to follow this. In Washington, where I live, there is a Washington Administrative Code that requires day care centers to prohibit firearms on the premises in order to obtain the state license required to operate a day care center. So, if I am going to boycott businesses that prohibit firearms, does that mean that I boycott all day care centers that prohibit firearms because they are required to in order to obtain their license, even though many day care centers would gladly allow firearms if they were allowed to by the state?

Now, if I lived in a state that had no such requirement, and day care center X prohibited firearms by company policy, and day care center Y had no problems with parents carrying firearms when doing business there would that be a different situation if I chose Y over X because Y legally allowed me to keep my gun when picking up my children?

Or are you still going to claim, Ringo, that you can't figure out the difference between prohibiting firearms because the local law/regulation requires it and a private organization's own internal choice to prohibit a method of carry? Should I boycott a business or a church that is only complying with the laws where they are located? That would just be stupid to not be able to figure out the difference.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast