Do you open carry in church - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 83

Thread: Do you open carry in church

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I'm almost afraid to say it but the strife in this thread is borderline demonic. I'm done with it
    And yet....

    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    I'll admit I don't know my Bible well enough to argue with either you or Treo about it, Ringo

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Translation: Since I can’t refute Cypher’s argument I will attack and impugn his character any way I can (right out of rules for radicals)

    Is this “knowledge based on experience and training or you tube videos? You needn’t bother answering it was a rhetorical question
    And now comes proof positive that the two-headed Cypher/Treo troll doesn't possess the self-control to abide by his own rationale for departure from this "demonic" thread that he, himself, identified as such. And let it escape no one that in the first "demonic" paragraph of Cypher's second quote above, he is answering to a reference of mine to Treo, and doing it just exactly as Treo has done it many times before, with a snarky, dismissive, disrespectful troll post. I'm surprised this profane fraud didn't say he was thinking about asking me for naked pictures of my wife....again.

    If this fraud truly believed what was going on here was "demonic," and he truly was a Bible-believing Christian, could he even stand to click on the title and open it again after coming to that conclusion? I certainly wouldn't if I believed it, and even beyond that, I certainly wouldn't try to do anything but lead the deceived out of their demonic undertakings and to Christ instead of continuing the petty arguments among Christians that led him to the conclusion in the first place.

    Anyone who believes anything this fraud says is a fool. And I do mean anyone.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. #62
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Living rent free in Bluesstringer's head apparently
    Posts
    148
    You must have a miserable, pathetic, little existence in the real world if you spew that much bile in the web I don’t know why but you are clearly full of hate it just boils out of you . You admit that you really don’t know if I am some resurrection of your buddy Treo (who you seem to be over the top obbsessed with) but you’re going to make it your life’s mission to ensure that I can’t participate in this forum based on your “I think so” what a bastard (yeah , whatever ban me I'm leaving anyway)

    Then you say that I’m mentally ill and couldn’t possibly be a true Christian, while admitting that you aren’t familiar enough with your Bible to stand up to me in an argument about it.

    I have to ask what that says for your maturity as a Christian if a “mentally ill” “false” Christian has a better understanding of Scripture than you.

    You are, however, going to get your wish, I am not going to participate in a forum where every post I make is going to draw a tirade from you. There’s too much internet out there for me to put up with that crap.

    Enjoy your rage dude, I’m outta here
    The finest Vodka is a razor Matthew, it leaves no ragged edges.

  4. #63
    I don't open carry anywhere except while backpacking. I fully support OC but it just isn't something I do.
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol & Personal Defense in the Home)
    North Carolina Concealed Carry Instructor

  5. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    You must have a miserable, pathetic, little existence in the real world if you spew that much bile in the web I don’t know why but you are clearly full of hate it just boils out of you . You admit that you really don’t know if I am some resurrection of your buddy Treo (who you seem to be over the top obbsessed with) but you’re going to make it your life’s mission to ensure that I can’t participate in this forum based on your “I think so” what a bastard (yeah , whatever ban me I'm leaving anyway)
    Sounds like the spittle is flowing out of your face in a hateful rage there Treo/Cypher, as you're banging out your angry reply. I never said "I think so," I left the door open ever-so-slightly to the possibility that I'm mistaken. While that door is still ever-so-slightly open, I am as convinced as ever that I am not mistaken. Everybody makes mistakes though. You just did. You "think" I must have a "miserable, pathetic, little existence in the real world" when the fact is, I'm as happy as a man can be. I'm as fulfilled as a man can be. I could go on, but I wouldn't want to make you jealous.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Then you say that I’m mentally ill and couldn’t possibly be a true Christian, while admitting that you aren’t familiar enough with your Bible to stand up to me in an argument about it.
    Wow. Just wow. I expressed a very generous opinion in an attempt to relieve you of the responsibility of answering to the charge that you're a "leftist prick."* And I've said before that I think you're mentally ill. It was in another thread (before you changed your name) that dealt with Scripture. Don't you remember? And I didn't say here that I thought you "couldn't possibly be a true Christian," I simply asked the question, would a true Bible-believing Christian re-enter a thread that he, himself, deemed "demonic?" And, I said, if it were me and I did re-enter such a thread, it would only be for the purpose of trying to lead other Christians out of their "demonic" undertakings by participating in it. And that is the truth of what I would do if I truly believed this was a "demonic" thread, which I obviously don't. You, on the other hand, would return only for the purpose of making a troll post first, and then to call me names second. I don't know.....why don't you just answer the question with words instead of with your un-Christian-like behavior?

    (*Oops. Got two threads mixed up. That's what you get for cross-threading topics Treo!)

    As far as not knowing my Bible very well, guilty as charged. But even if I did, I wouldn't throw a bunch of verses up here to "argue" with you about them anyway. If we can't discuss Scripture in a dignified manner, which you have proven (in the past) that we can't, I will just stick to more earthly topics with you, like whether or not to OC in church or anywhere else, or what constitutes a logical and effective "security" plan and what doesn't, and that's all I've done in this and the other two threads.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    I have to ask what that says for your maturity as a Christian if a “mentally ill” “false” Christian has a better understanding of Scripture than you.
    Even Satan can quote Scripture (Matthew 4:1-11). No, I am no more saying that you are Satan or possessed of Satan than I think this thread is "demonic." I am saying that you have not treated anyone in these three threads the way I understand Christ wants us treating each other. I think you're confusing someone else's deficiencies in their knowledge of Scripture with your superiority as a Christian, and that's what many have found disgustingly offensive about you.

    Nice try to "catch" me in some inferiority that I already admitted to though. It was the perfect lead-in to highlight a deficiency in your way of "witnessing," even though you are very well-versed in Scripture, and should be much more adept at it. Next.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    You are, however, going to get your wish, I am not going to participate in a forum where every post I make is going to draw a tirade from you. There’s too much internet out there for me to put up with that crap.
    Sooo....what exactly does that mean? You're going to change your name again, only this time try harder not to post exactly like the name you left behind? You're hardly believable at this point umm....dude. Or I suppose you could retreat to GRM where you have power to lord over people like us "demonic" OC-militants. Maybe I'll stop by and say hey. Would that be cool, Treo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Enjoy your rage dude, I’m outta here
    I'll let everyone else decide who's in a rage. My wife just got home, and that's the happiest, least-raging part of my day.

    I'll give ya a hint before you go to the trouble of setting up another name....dude. Pick something besides a cartoon character for your avatar. It might take longer for the more aware among us to figure out who you are.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  6. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Indian Trail, NC
    Posts
    16
    I am new to this forum and stumbled across this thread. There are a lot of people who CC in my Church but no one really open carries. A couple of people will have their weapon in a holster but it is usually hidden by their suit coat but you can still sometimes see it. Although NC is a OC State I don't think church would be one of the place I would open carry.

  7. #66
    Believe it or not, there is a simple solution to the problems discussed here. If your church asks that you not OC for fear of distracting (or scaring the faint of heart), just go along with the church and not try to force your particular persuasion on others. There are some who are deathly afraid of those mean old guns. As for CC, that is your choice and nobody knows the difference and you have no problem. If you find the request intolerable, find a church where you can worship God (if that is your reason for going to church) and OC, CC or sling it over your shoulder. If you only go to a church to force your particular demands on the regular congregation, stay home, drink beer and watch a ball game. My main purpose in going to church is to worship God, not cause a distraction. I don't particularly care one way or another how you do or do not carry. Services don't generally run much over an hour so I can tolerate that and then go about my business, my way. Very simplistic outlook and everybody's happy (or not). A lot of people may not agree but my answer can save a lot of name calling and heartburn!

  8. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgrunt View Post
    believe it or not, there is a simple solution to the problems discussed here. If your church asks that you not oc for fear of distracting (or scaring the faint of heart), just go along with the church and not try to force your particular persuasion on others. There are some who are deathly afraid of those mean old guns. As for cc, that is your choice and nobody knows the difference and you have no problem. If you find the request intolerable, find a church where you can worship god (if that is your reason for going to church) and oc, cc or sling it over your shoulder. If you only go to a church to force your particular demands on the regular congregation, stay home, drink beer and watch a ball game. My main purpose in going to church is to worship god, not cause a distraction. I don't particularly care one way or another how you do or do not carry. Services don't generally run much over an hour so i can tolerate that and then go about my business, my way. Very simplistic outlook and everybody's happy (or not). A lot of people may not agree but my answer can save a lot of name calling and heartburn!
    Amen
    ~ GOD HATES RELIGION ~

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    Believe it or not, there is a simple solution to the problems discussed here. If your church asks that you not OC for fear of distracting (or scaring the faint of heart), just go along with the church and not try to force your particular persuasion on others. There are some who are deathly afraid of those mean old guns. As for CC, that is your choice and nobody knows the difference and you have no problem. If you find the request intolerable, find a church where you can worship God (if that is your reason for going to church) and OC, CC or sling it over your shoulder. If you only go to a church to force your particular demands on the regular congregation, stay home, drink beer and watch a ball game. My main purpose in going to church is to worship God, not cause a distraction. I don't particularly care one way or another how you do or do not carry. Services don't generally run much over an hour so I can tolerate that and then go about my business, my way. Very simplistic outlook and everybody's happy (or not). A lot of people may not agree but my answer can save a lot of name calling and heartburn!
    the solution is easier than that. if a church doesn't follow the word of Jesus. just don't go there, find one who does

  10. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    7,814

  11. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Using this example of carrying a gun into church for an illegal purpose has no relationship to carrying a gun for a legal purpose and, in my opinion, is a disingenuous attempt to conflate murderers intentionally killing people in church with the legal open carrying of guns in church.

    By the way... is there any reporting about how the guy got the shotgun into church? Did he just walk in openly carrying it or did he hide it under a coat? Or are you hoping folks will infer some kind of connection between a shooter with a shotgun and legal open carry in church in general?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast