VA Convience Store Employees Afraid of Open Carry Guns - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: VA Convience Store Employees Afraid of Open Carry Guns

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdon90 View Post
    It is not really something to talk about in our meetings, which are actually every month. Yes Sheetz does not prohibit lawful carry guns in our store, or most places in VA. I am fairly certain that you cannot take one in a bank or courtroom, but most other places you can. People are people so when you have someone who dosnt like/prefer guns what do you think will happen.

    As far as your meetings are concerned, you still have not specified whether those who are flipping out are employees or customers. Obviously employee's reactions can be addressed in meetings. Customers, not so much. That's why I asked.

    In my five years of open carry I have never once had anyone "flipping out" because they don't like or prefer guns, yet in your OP you state that this happens "every time"? Considering the many reports of open carry being well-received throughout Virginia for years now I'm thinking you may be exaggerating just a bit? What do you think?

    As far as what I think will happen when I encounter people who don't like or prefer guns, I do not alter my day or my activities, or method of carry, on an irrational hypothetical that may or may not occur. My experience shows that a negative encounter is extremely unlikely, and I have had literally hundreds of very positive experiences and encounters. I am prepared for someone to "flip out", and I'm still waiting.

    During most of my 48 years in Maryland all I heard was the liberal anti-gun rhetoric about "you can't do that, people will blah, blah, blah", you name it. People will flip out, people won't like it, my God what if a child saw it, the streets will run red with the blood of the innocent.... all ridiculous. So, in order to establish the truth for myself, I started open carrying when I moved to Pennsylvania. And I discovered: no one flips out, no one doesn't like it (that I can tell), when children see it they point and smile (especially when I wink and smile back), and the streets do not run red with the blood of the innocent. Instead, I have helped to educate hundreds and I have demonstrated that the anti-gun rhetoric is a pack of agenda-driven lies. I have had the most wonderful and supportive conversations with "people", various employees, and many law enforcement officers. So I "expect" that to continue to be the norm. At least here in PA.

    Maybe one day Virginia folks will calm down and acclimate themselves to the sight of liberty.
    One can hope.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

  2.   
  3. thanks for you post JDON, i don't really know why these guys are picking on you. you said people on the headsets, why would the customers be on the headsets. must be some old farts with nothing else to do

    i have actually stopped in that Sheetz store, of course open carrying

    people in VA are probably more used to seeing people OC then any other state. the OP was just relating how some things goes on in the background

    BTW, it is totally legal to carry in a bank in VA

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Sandpoint, Idaho
    Posts
    1,315
    I would suggest you just raise your eyebrows and look at them like they just said the dumbest thing ever.

    Or, say "Huh, maybe you should call the cops." Just so you could sit back and enjoy the show. But I have a pretty twisted sense of humor.

  5. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I would suggest you just raise your eyebrows and look at them like they just said the dumbest thing ever.

    Or, say "Huh, maybe you should call the cops." Just so you could sit back and enjoy the show. But I have a pretty twisted sense of humor.



    I think we're supposed to hand them our cell phone when we do that, but I'm not crazy about handing my cell over
    to someone I already think is crazy. I may offer to dial the number for them though!
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Well jimminy crickets and heaven's thunder. I had no idea you'd have to worry about little ole me since I normally carry concealed. I must be one of the bad guys except when I uncover my firearm, then POOF I'm a good guy again.

    I agreed with everything you said in your post up to:
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdon90 View Post
    It is the people that you don't see carrying guns that you should worry about.
    I certainly hope you meant that "It's the people that you don't see carrying guns that are doing it illegally that you should be worried about."
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    As far as your meetings are concerned, you still have not specified whether those who are flipping out are employees or customers. Obviously employee's reactions can be addressed in meetings. Customers, not so much. That's why I asked.

    In my five years of open carry I have never once had anyone "flipping out" because they don't like or prefer guns, yet in your OP you state that this happens "every time"? Considering the many reports of open carry being well-received throughout Virginia for years now I'm thinking you may be exaggerating just a bit? What do you think?

    As far as what I think will happen when I encounter people who don't like or prefer guns, I do not alter my day or my activities, or method of carry, on an irrational hypothetical that may or may not occur. My experience shows that a negative encounter is extremely unlikely, and I have had literally hundreds of very positive experiences and encounters. I am prepared for someone to "flip out", and I'm still waiting.

    During most of my 48 years in Maryland all I heard was the liberal anti-gun rhetoric about "you can't do that, people will blah, blah, blah", you name it. People will flip out, people won't like it, my God what if a child saw it, the streets will run red with the blood of the innocent.... all ridiculous. So, in order to establish the truth for myself, I started open carrying when I moved to Pennsylvania. And I discovered: no one flips out, no one doesn't like it (that I can tell), when children see it they point and smile (especially when I wink and smile back), and the streets do not run red with the blood of the innocent. Instead, I have helped to educate hundreds and I have demonstrated that the anti-gun rhetoric is a pack of agenda-driven lies. I have had the most wonderful and supportive conversations with "people", various employees, and many law enforcement officers. So I "expect" that to continue to be the norm. At least here in PA.

    Maybe one day Virginia folks will calm down and acclimate themselves to the sight of liberty.
    One can hope.
    Dude that was really good what you said. By "flipping out" I mean they just won't shut up about it.Also I definatley ment the employees. I love the fact that you educate people around you about guns and I think its really cool. About the liberals, me and my roomate seen some "hipster" or whatever you call it near our neighborhood. We said we should cut down their trees so they had a reason to leave. LOL

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rakes View Post
    thanks for you post JDON, i don't really know why these guys are picking on you. you said people on the headsets, why would the customers be on the headsets. must be some old farts with nothing else to do

    i have actually stopped in that Sheetz store, of course open carrying

    people in VA are probably more used to seeing people OC then any other state. the OP was just relating how some things goes on in the background

    BTW, it is totally legal to carry in a bank in VA
    Really didn't know that about the banks. My old bank had a sign posted that had restricted pictures (the ones with the slashed out circle) of hats, sunglasses, and guns. This is when you go through the drive-thru, although I did not see one inside when I went. Also the customers are not on the headsets, we just have them to communicate if there is any rif-raf going on.
    Thanks

  9. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Well jimminy crickets and heaven's thunder. I had no idea you'd have to worry about little ole me since I normally carry concealed. I must be one of the bad guys except when I uncover my firearm, then POOF I'm a good guy again.

    I agreed with everything you said in your post up to:

    I certainly hope you meant that "It's the people that you don't see carrying guns that are doing it illegally that you should be worried about."
    Totally agree with you. I really don't want to be like the liberal media so thank you for clarifying that for me. :)

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    3,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdon90 View Post
    Totally agree with you. I really don't want to be like the liberal media so thank you for clarifying that for me. :)
    NO problem.

    And I noticed you answered everyone in your thread. I respect that.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

  11. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    Well jimminy crickets and heaven's thunder. I had no idea you'd have to worry about little ole me since I normally carry concealed. I must be one of the bad guys except when I uncover my firearm, then POOF I'm a good guy again.

    I agreed with everything you said in your post up to:

    I certainly hope you meant that "It's the people that you don't see carrying guns that are doing it illegally that you should be worried about."
    actually i always say it's the ones you can't see that you have to worry about. it's not all BG that conceal, but it is all BGS conceal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast