VA Convience Store Employees Afraid of Open Carry Guns
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA Convience Store Employees Afraid of Open Carry Guns

1. VA Convience Store Employees Afraid of Open Carry Guns

Hey I live in a mid-size city in the heart of VA "Lynchburg". If you have not heard of it it is famous for Liberty University, the largest private christian universitiy. I work at a convience store called Sheetz, we always have to wear headsets to stay communicated wherever we are. So here is the point, Everytime someone has an open carry firearm "which is completly legal in VA." People flip out! I tell everyone its completley fine thats normal and those are going to be the people saving us if a robbery, theft, or hold-up occurs. I am personally proud to be a firearm carrier and although I don't have a very good handgun (hi-point) I carry it most places. It is the people that you don't see carrying guns that you should worry about. I am pretty sure there are some or alot of "typos" in here. So just don't be an ass!
    Thank you and share your thoughts,
    Joey

Quote Originally Posted by Jdon90 View Post
    ...I don't have a very good handgun (hi-point) I carry it most places...
    Just because the Hi-Point is not expensive doesn't mean it's not very good. I've been carrying one (concealed) for a few years now and have never had any problems with it, once I had broken it in with a couple boxes of ammo. And don't worry about typos; they give others something to be peeved about.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Jdon90 View Post
    Hey I live in a mid-size city in the heart of VA "Lynchburg". If you have not heard of it it is famous for Liberty University, the largest private christian universitiy. I work at a convience store called Sheetz, we always have to wear headsets to stay communicated wherever we are. So here is the point, Everytime someone has an open carry firearm "which is completly legal in VA." People flip out! I tell everyone its completley fine thats normal and those are going to be the people saving us if a robbery, theft, or hold-up occurs. I am personally proud to be a firearm carrier and although I don't have a very good handgun (hi-point) I carry it most places. It is the people that you don't see carrying guns that you should worry about. I am pretty sure there are some or alot of "typos" in here. So just don't be an ass!
    Thank you and share your thoughts,
    Joey

What do you mean when you say "you tell everyone"? are you referring to other employees, or customers? I am frequently in various Sheetz
    stores here in PA and I've never had a problem. It is my understanding that Sheetz does not have a policy that prohibits lawful carry.

If it is fellow employees who are 'flipping out' have you talked about this at a weekly meeting?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

I don't open carry and probably never will...but 99% or the time I'm carrying, legally. Am I someone you need to worry about? Poor word selection there pal.

Do they flip out scared call 911? Or is more like teenage high school rumor mill, "hey hey did you see the guy with the gun? ?" Flip out?

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SCTom View Post
    I don't open carry and probably never will...but 99% or the time I'm carrying, legally. Am I someone you need to worry about? Poor word selection there pal.
    Who are you asking? It helps to quote the post to which you are responding/replying.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Who are you asking? It helps to quote the post to which you are responding/replying.

sorry, I mistakenly assumed you read the initial post. that better?

9. Quote Originally Posted by jameshd View Post
    Just because the Hi-Point is not expensive doesn't mean it's not very good. I've been carrying one (concealed) for a few years now and have never had any problems with it, once I had broken it in with a couple boxes of ammo. And don't worry about typos; they give others something to be peeved about.
    The thing about my hi-point .45 is when I got a new mag for it, it started jamming. I keep it under my pillow at night, just in case. Another thing is sometimes the magazine comes out of the gun if I have not picked it up in a while. It is a durable gun, and if you run out of ammo you can just throw it at someone and at least knock them unconcious. Also about the peeved off thing, you are absolutley right. "If you are not pissing someone off, you're doing something wrong." :)

10. Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    What do you mean when you say "you tell everyone"? are you referring to other employees, or customers? I am frequently in various Sheetz
    stores here in PA and I've never had a problem. It is my understanding that Sheetz does not have a policy that prohibits lawful carry.

If it is fellow employees who are 'flipping out' have you talked about this at a weekly meeting?
    It is not really something to talk about in our meetings, which are actually every month. Yes Sheetz does not prohibit lawful carry guns in our store, or most places in VA. I am fairly certain that you cannot take one in a bank or courtroom, but most other places you can. People are people so when you have someone who dosnt like/prefer guns what do you think will happen.

11. Quote Originally Posted by SCTom View Post
    Maybe you didn't see the part where it says, "don't be an ass." Also I really don't know you could be drunk or on some hardcore drugs or something. I don't believe that would happen but with the way the economy is right now I think anything is possible. "Expect the unexpected."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast