Man Open Carry's @ High School Soccer Game, Coache's/Parent's Freak Out. - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Man Open Carry's @ High School Soccer Game, Coache's/Parent's Freak Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhorton71 View Post
    It just says that in order to possess a gun in Michigan you must have a permit.
    Youre incorrect, you do not need a Concealed Carry Permit to possess a weapon in Michigan.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

There was no proof in any article that the man had a CPL. That was my whole point. It just says that in order to possess a gun in Michigan you must have a permit. Felons aren't allowed to possess but they somehow still have them. The article in question mentioned that it did not know if the police actually questioned the man or not. That is what still would make it a federal law until the officer verified the permit.
    Remember, we are innocent until proven guilty. If the article doesn't say, nor did the gentleman get arrested, we should not be assuming he is guilty of carrying without a cpl on school grounds. The assumption goes to innocence, in which case it only further strengthens bikenuts and those like minded arguments.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

There was no proof in any article that the man had a CPL. That was my whole point. It just says that in order to possess a gun in Michigan you must have a permit. Felons aren't allowed to possess but they somehow still have them. The article in question mentioned that it did not know if the police actually questioned the man or not. That is what still would make it a federal law until the officer verified the permit.
    Bold within your post added by me for emphasis only.

May I direct your attention back to post #33 where I said (in part):

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    entire article can be read here:

Pistol-carrying fan leads to forfeit of soccer game between Western Michigan Christian and Hudsonville Freedom Christian | Local Sports Journal

Pistol-carrying fan leads to forfeit of soccer game between Western Michigan Christian and Hudsonville Freedom Christian

-snip-
    Officer Douglas Conrad said the fan has a Concealed Pistol License and did nothing illegal.
    -snip-
    You have been reading the entire content of the replies folks have been posting... correct?

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    Bikenut - he has made up his mind. He refuses to see that this has nothing to do with state law overriding federal law, it has everything to do with federal law accommodating state law. We have given him everything he needs to see to know what state and federal law have to say about this, that state law and federal law both allow for carry on school property under certain conditions, and that there is, because of the way the GFSZA is worded to accommodate state law, a difference in the way a private school can handle such a situation versus a public school. We have proven in two different articles that the fan did indeed possess a CPL. Until he can get over his fear that someone might bust a cap in him if they disagree with one of his calls as the article to which he referred warns him, he will continue to fight the facts.
    As you said.. and joined in the effort to do, everything about how both State and Federal law.. and how they work together and how they work separately... apply to carrying a gun on/in a school in Michigan has been explained complete with cites and links to actual black letter law.

However... I think it is a good thing to have discussions such as this simply because while one individual may not understand how the law works the explanations provided will help other folks understand... maybe even provide brand new information for them to ponder. So, just for me, quite often there comes a point in a discussion where what I post might be in response to someone (who might not be listening)...but the informational content of my post is really provided for anyone and everyone who might read it.

I hope that last paragraph came across the way I intended because I didn't intend it to sound like I'm some kind of arrogant twit lecturing folks... I just try to provide as much factual info as I can.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Jhorton71 View Post
    I still don't understand why people keep mentioning whether the school is public or private. A school is a school public, private, or parochial. My point was still misread since if he didn't hold a permit he was breaking federal law. Also there is no mention whether this sporting area seated 2500 (which I seriously doubt). So in other words what many on this list have said is that the coach has no right to question anyone possessing a gun since if he has the gun he absolutely must have a permit or he wouldn't be carrying it around. I get it, criminals always follow the law. Also it is noted that if someone has private property and they don't want guns on their property obviously they shouldn't have any rights at all and should allow open carry. I mean we don't like people telling us we can't carry but it is perfectly acceptable for us to tel them they must let us fringe upon their right.
    Nobody is saying the coach had no right to do anything. What we are saying is that stopping a game and emptying the stadium is, in our opinion, way over the top. The biggest disagreement you are having with the rest of us is that you assume a person is carrying a gun illegally just because they are carrying it, until they prove themselves to be legal. We assume the person is carrying the gun legally until such time as there is reason to suggest they are not. In this instance, there was no reason to believe the subject was carrying the gun illegally just because a license was required to possess it. It's like assuming that a person does not have a driver's license for no other reason than because they are driving a car on a public highway for which a license is required.

We have enough problems with the anti-gun groups acting like and preaching that the mere act of carrying a gun is suspicious. We don't need to be doing that to ourselves.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Man Open Carry's @ High School Soccer Game, Coache's/Parent's Freak Out.-gun-cloud.jpg

the way the cops these days stop MOST such people? with 20-60 shots fired, up to 90 degrees out of line with the offender? 41 shots fired at a guy who had nothing but a wallet, furthest away cop was 5 yds. 22 hits, only ONE of them to a vital spot. Diallo was NOT a rare sort of offense, when it comes to sloppy shooting, either.

Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    the way the cops these days stop MOST such people? with 20-60 shots fired, up to 90 degrees out of line with the offender?
    No they do not stop most of us who open carry. Open carrying does not make us offenders either. Nice try.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345