Man Open Carry's @ High School Soccer Game, Coache's/Parent's Freak Out.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Man Open Carry's @ High School Soccer Game, Coache's/Parent's Freak Out.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow Man Open Carry's @ High School Soccer Game, Coache's/Parent's Freak Out.

The open carrying man who was not identified was asked to leave by assistant athletics director Fred VandenBrand. He instead put his firearm in the car, according to MLive. Still, the man returning to the stands made officials uncertain, leading them to stop the game 15 minutes before it was officially over. I thought it was necessary to clear the field of players and parents. It is regretful that the boys on both teams could not finish. I am sorry for the inconvenience, but I thought it best to err on the side of caution, Western Michigan Christian coach David Hulings told MLive.

High School Game Ends Early After Man Open Carries Into the Stands | TheBlaze.com
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

3. With the way hot heads are at games these days I would probably be a little nervous myself. You hear about arguments in the stands and people getting upset about officials all the time. So how do you feel when this guy starts to get emotional over a call or maybe a bad hit on his son? I believe in guns on school property but I don't know what sort of training or attitude this man had while there at the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhorton71 View Post
    With the way hot heads are at games these days I would probably be a little nervous myself. You hear about arguments in the stands and people getting upset about officials all the time. So how do you feel when this guy starts to get emotional over a call or maybe a bad hit on his son? I believe in guns on school property but I don't know what sort of training or attitude this man had while there at the game!
    Are you suggesting that because you are a little nervous we should give up our second amendment right to carry?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Arrow

With the way hot heads are at games these days I would probably be a little nervous myself. You hear about arguments in the stands and people getting upset about officials all the time. So how do you feel when this guy starts to get emotional over a call or maybe a bad hit on his son? I believe in guns on school property but I don't know what sort of training or attitude this man had while there at the game!

If some knucklehead decided to pull out a deadly weapon (gun, knife, boxcutter, etc...) at a ball game (or anyplace else) then he/she could be stopped by law abiding armed citizen's or LEO's.

I got into a very heated and unexpected argument with someone very recently.
    Very foul language was thrown at me and very harsh word's & false accusation's where being thrown at me.
    Because I was being unjustly attacked, I was livid with anger.
    The whole time I had a Ruger LCP in my pocket.
    Not once did I even entertain the thought of pulling out my weapon.
    Why not? 1) Because my life was not in danger 2) Because I'm not a fool 3) Because it would have been un-justified, & 4) I would have ended up in prison if I did...

The overwhelming-majority of "Law Abiding' gun owner's, like myself, continue to abide by the Law, even when we are upset or angry.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

ezkl2230 Guest
    A couple of things about this incident.

First, the teams playing were from private schools, not public schools, so under Michigan law they had the right to ask him to leave.

"Talking to the officer...we had a right to ask him to leave, and if he returned without meeting our conditions, he could be charged with trespassing," he said.
    The carrier did so, returning after he had secured his firearm in his vehicle in the parking lot. That sounds like he complied with their conditions.

Second, he has the right under Michigan law to store his firearm in his vehicle. Parking lots in Michigan are not covered under private property rights.

Police were called to the scene, and there is nothing in the article to indicate that the man was still carrying his firearm. He complied with the request to disarm himself, so the game was called early for nothing. They could just as easily asked someone they trusted to accompany the carrier to his vehicle to confirm that he had indeed complied with their request, and the game could have gone on without a hitch. I guess that makes too much sense.

Wow... that sounded like it came right out of the mouth of Pelosi or Feinstein herself.

Oh, he has a gun so he's got to be a danger if he happens to get emotionally wrapped up in a game. Seriously????

Oh my gosh, what kind of mayhem could he do with that gun, that we all now know he is carrying since MI won't allow him to carry concealed at the event?

This thinking is not productive. Maybe he should have just carried concealed... oh, crap, he can't. MI, won't allow that. Did the officials see if anyone else felt the way they did? Was anyone threatened by this man? Did this man not give up his right and put his gun in his car? But this wasn't good enough. No... bad man with a gun (well not anymore) is still in the stands. Guess we'll call the entire game!!

This is utter nonsense.
    Last edited by wolf_fire; 09-27-2013 at 07:12 PM. Reason: grammar and typo
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

ezkl2230 Guest
    It's amazing that he wore it in the stands without incident and without anyone else making a fuss about it. It took a coach on the field, who was obviously paying more attention to what was happening in the stands than on the field, to notice that someone was legally carrying a firearm and then to raise the alarm. Could it be that other parents were already accustomed to seeing this parent carry and knew there was nothing to fear?

Btw jhorton71, if we waited until everyone was cool with the exercise of our rights, we would never EXERCISE those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by ezkl2230 View Post
    ....Police were called to the scene, and there is nothing in the article to indicate that the man was still carrying his firearm. He complied with the request to disarm himself, so the game was called early for nothing. They could just as easily asked someone they trusted to accompany the carrier to his vehicle to confirm that he had indeed complied with their request, and the game could have gone on without a hitch. I guess that makes too much sense.
    Common sense simply doesn't factor into the equation when hoplophobia is involved.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

The Brady Campaign and their follower groups say exactly the same thing about people carrying guns in shopping mall parking lots. Maybe that is where you heard it first and you are just repeating it?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

11. CCW in some states are not allowed to be carried into bars because of the potential. I am an ex football official and some people that I thought were level headed in person had become very violent at football games and baseball games that I have officiated at. As a matter of fact one instance actually involved a police officer in another game in our area. Put yourself in the officials spot. An official has no way to carry to protect himself so as a matter of instance you took away his rights by him having the same right of protection as the man that carried at the game. If you open carry in a shopping mall, I have the same protection since I'm allowed to carry.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast