What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying? - Page 10
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 141

Thread: What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?

  1. I’m not sure how many ways I can say this, I don’t object to open carry. If you want to open carry go ahead. I choose not to because I believe it draws unwarranted attention and presents an avoidable risk. I choose not to hang out with you while you open carry for the same reason. Last time I looked it was my life and I get to decide things like that for myself. We only just got open carry here and I really haven’t seen all that many people doing it. I don’t think it’s going to catch on here like it has in Arizona
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  2.   
  3. #92
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I’m not sure how many ways I can say this, I don’t object to open carry. If you want to open carry go ahead. I choose not to because I believe it draws unwarranted attention and presents an avoidable risk. I choose not to hang out with you while you open carry for the same reason. Last time I looked it was my life and I get to decide things like that for myself. We only just got open carry here and I really haven’t seen all that many people doing it. I don’t think it’s going to catch on here like it has in Arizona
    I don't know how many ways I can say this...

    When folks start presenting their personal reasons to not open carry as factual reasons for everyone to not open carry then they most certainly do object to open carry even if they say they don't.

    If you, or anyone else, personally do not want to open carry I really don't care what your reasons are... you are entitled to make decisions that affect you personally.

    But when folks start presenting their personal reasons to not open carry as factual reasons for everyone to not open carry... I want to see those reasons backed up by cites and/or links to actual facts.

    Oh... and please do NOT presume to think that you are so special that I would want you hanging out with me when I open carry... or even when I don't.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I don't know how many ways I can say this...

    When folks start presenting their personal reasons to not open carry as factual reasons for everyone to not open carry then they most certainly do object to open carry even if they say they don't.

    If you, or anyone else, personally do not want to open carry I really don't care what your reasons are... you are entitled to make decisions that affect you personally.

    But when folks start presenting their personal reasons to not open carry as factual reasons for everyone to not open carry... I want to see those reasons backed up by cites and/or links to actual facts.

    Oh... and please do NOT presume to think that you are so special that I would want you hanging out with me when I open carry... or even when I don't.
    I’m not saying that my reasons are facts they’re just my reasons. I think people should have the option I just doubt I’ll ever partake. I’m also not saying I won’t hang out with you because you’re a bad person I just don’t want the attention that rubs off. I wouldn’t walk down the street with you if you had a 8 inch pink Mohawk either
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  5. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by thru View Post
    Rambo was quite literally nothing much. didn't hit anyone with a bullet in the entire first movie. :-) If he'd have shot straight while in the cop shop, he could have left town at his leizure, with his clothes and his stuff, instead of being buck naked and depending upon LUCK to get his gear!.

    The fact that I BOTHERED to get a lot of hand to hand training makes you feel bad? I saw over 300 GI's have the same chance to train that I did. Do you know how many of them even tried, a few sessions? about 15. Know how many got real ability? 5 not counting me. It cost $10 per month to get small class (3-4 of us) instruction, 6 hours a week, from a 5th Dan, when we were clearing $250 per month. That's how many people care enough to put in the work to become skilled, even under IDEAL conditions for training (ie, plenty of money and nothing else to do and a rare opportunity to train under a proven REAL badass and great instructor
    Uh huh (rolling eyes)
    "A Sig is like a lightsaber - not as clumsy or random as a Glock."
    "Never fight an old man, if he can't fight you he'll just shoot you"

  6. #95
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I’m also not saying I won’t hang out with you because you’re a bad person I just don’t want the attention that rubs off.
    So I guess OC'ers can count you out when they gather to promote and advocate for gun rights, whether in your own state or across the nation, right? Don't want to draw attention to our rights, but you support our rights, huh?

    Your argument is circular. I'm getting dizzy from seeing it repeated so often.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  7. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    I’m not saying that my reasons are facts they’re just my reasons. I think people should have the option I just doubt I’ll ever partake. I’m also not saying I won’t hang out with you because you’re a bad person I just don’t want the attention that rubs off. I wouldn’t walk down the street with you if you had a 8 inch pink Mohawk either
    You making fun of my hair?
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  8. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    The biggest thing that I take exception to is people like BC1 who attempt to tell us all what is best for us based on his gang infested inner city experience. The fact of the matter is that where I live and where I spend 99% of my daily life what few criminals there are are simply criminals of opportunity looking for the easiest and quickest wallet or purse they can grab or which car or house is easiest to burglarize. The biggest drug dealers in my area are in the high school. I refuse to make blanket statements as to what is best for everyone in their situation, especially on the internet where they might be posting from the middle of the ocean on a ship right now like I am.

    So, when someone posts that they have dealt with plenty of scumbags in their life, and none of those scumbags had the slightest fear of any firearm - ok, fine. First, that is one person's claim which does not to seem to have much validity to it because what research, history and statistics we have available indicates otherwise. Second, if that is true in Chicago - is it also true in Seattle; or Newcastle, WY where the entire population works in coal mines and on oil rigs? NO. So for someone to tell me how I should carry my gun based on their experience and stating their experience as some universal fact of life, I am going to ask for some evidence to indicate that their experience is the universal fact of life that they are claiming it is.

    And then there are the people who just have an all out prejudice for some reason against a person who open carries. We've heard it all - from "John Wayne", "Wild West", "Wyatt Earp", ***** size, political statement, wanting to look like a bada$$. Oh, but the people saying those things are "pro-gun" and "pro-2A", just ask them... as long as the other person carrying the gun does it to their standards. Let's leave that crap to the anti-gun crowd, we have enough problems with them.
    Take exception? read post #83. I don't tell anyone what they should do. I only give an opinion based on my own experience. Follow it... don't follow it. It's not being imposed on anyone. My position is clearly stated in numerous posts. I personally wouldn't OC but everyone is entitled to their own choice. For the record, that's my position.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  9. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    BC, I haven't read Mas' latest book, but if he advises against OC on the basis of the potential for guns being grabbed, how pray tell, does he explain that all uniformed beat-cops carry in the open? Are they so super-human, so well-trained, so zen-focused on weapon retention that nothing could possibly break their concentration to the point of losing their weapon the same way you hypothesize that non-law-enforcement citizens might?

    Blues
    I suppose you would have to ask Mas. Perhaps he summarizes in his book. Has anyone on this thread actually reviewed each and every gun murder to find what happened? No. So how can anyone say this doesn't happen? It's called supposition, conjecture and hyperbole. And it's happening on both sides of the argument. Until someone dissects the thousands of shootings every year, NO ONE on this site knows anything about the subject. That is, unless they depend on the honesty and accuracy of the media outlets.
    .
    As I said before, lack of evidence of God is the lamest argument that he doesn't exist. Such holds true in most things. Some posters want proof of everything. To them I ask "do you love your kids?" Prove it. You can prove you take care of them, feed them, protect them, etc., but can never prove you love them.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  10. For civilians I see no reason to open carry in public. I don't have a clue what I would do other then start yelling. If someone is taking an a gun off another person like that I think the outcome for some isn't going to be good because obviously they are not rational and mean ill intent upon others.

  11. To get to the actual question here, if someone grabbed for my gun I’d have to take it pretty seriously wouldn’t anyone? I think the guy on THR said he swatted the urban yoot’s hand away a couple of times I think I would have cold cocked him right in the snot locker the first time out.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast