What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying? - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    Again, town of around 300 fifty of whom are my family I don't even feel the need to carry unless I'm going to Weatherford why in the Hell would I bother to open carry? If I started walking around here with a gun on my hip they'd think I'd lost my mind.

As for supporting the second Ammendment I'll bet there are 200 or so pick ups in this town and 175 of them have NRA stickers in the back window, I think we're good
    Again... your reasons for carrying, or not carrying, are your own and are valid for you. I respect that.

More food for thought....

But one of the reasons I open carry is to make the statement that "we the people" have the right to bear arms and concealed carry under the permission of a permit granted by the government that is in control of permits ISN'T the right to bear arms at all but is a government controlled privilege that "shall not be infringed" was supposed to prevent.

Open carry helps educate the public that there actually is a "right" and not just the "privilege".... and I personally consider that a very important thing to do. Important enough to realize that my beliefs about the right to bear arms are much more important than being afraid of what other people might think of me.

But that is just me and I do not expect you or anyone else to consider my reason for open carry important enough for you, or them, to do it also.

And it appears you have edited your post before I quoted you..........

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And it appears you have edited your post before I quoted you..........
    I think this was all I added

If I started walking around here with a gun on my hip they'd think I'd lost my mind.

And they would. I own one handgun, a J frame, and it fits in my pocket. What am I going to do strap up and walk down to the Grocery Store or the car wash? After that I’m runnin’ thin on options. I suppose I could walk around, and I do mean around, town but that would take 15 minutes tops.

If you want to make a statement go ahead, I don’t see the need.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

I think this was all I added

If I started walking around here with a gun on my hip they'd think I'd lost my mind.

And they would. I own one handgun, a J frame, and it fits in my pocket. What am I going to do strap up and walk down to the Grocery Store or the car wash? After that I’m runnin’ thin on options. I suppose I could walk around, and I do mean around, town but that would take 15 minutes tops.

If you want to make a statement go ahead, I don’t see the need.
    I do see a need to make a statement because it is my opinion that the decades of people hiding their guns in fear that the anti gunners would go after their guns is what enabled the anti gunners to............ go after the guns with ever increasing gun control simply because guns were hidden in shame and fear. Fear that if people saw guns they would want more gun control and the shame that if a person wore a gun in plain sight then people would think they had lost their mind.

It isn't about what you are "supposed to do" because whether or not you want to let what other people might think of you stop you from exercising the right to bear arms is for you to decide....not me or anyone else.

Oh.... and I ordinarily open carry a Glock 26 but when my wife decides to open carry her Smith J frame I open carry my Smith J frame just so we match. No one has yet said anything about carrying such "small" guns.

edited to add the words "to make a statement" for clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunpacking_Running_Jewel View Post
    For civilians I see no reason to open carry in public. I don't have a clue what I would do other then start yelling. If someone is taking an a gun off another person like that I think the outcome for some isn't going to be good because obviously they are not rational and mean ill intent upon others.
    Cops are civilians. Wake up,
    Chief

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Again, town of around 300 fifty of whom are my family I don't even feel the need to carry unless I'm going to Weatherford why in the Hell would I bother to open carry? If I started walking around here with a gun on my hip they'd think I'd lost my mind.
    Are you responding with the same incessant defensiveness while under the utter delusion that anyone here is asking you to OC, or cares one wit whether or not you do?

Isn't it odd that of the two people making the most insulting judgments about OC'ers (OC is Freudian, showing your ass, daring someone to take your gun from you), are now both on record as saying that they don't even CC very often.

Your guys' psycho-babble is as uninformed as your advice on weapons retention.

Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

I live in a town where I could throw a rock from my front porch in any direction and it would almost literally land out side the town limit; most of the time I donít even bother carrying a gun so Iím not what you would call a seasoned veteran. If I were to open carry the rest of the town would think Iíd lost my mind.

I think open carry is enough of a statistical rarity that if every one that did it had their gun grabbed the number would still be pretty low. Iíve been to Arizona twice and even there I think I only saw one guy open carry. However I did mention the guy on THR who said it happened to him.

I donít think a retention holster would be as necessary for concealed carry because you arenít going to grab what you donít know is there.

I'm not going to get in your fight against OC'ers as I don't really care about people's opinions unless they back it up with substance.

However, I CC and OC rarely. I have a retention holster. Why? In case someone would try to get it from me before I had time to draw. You use the argument that people will try to take your gun. Well, people can try to take a gun they know about regardless how you were initially carrying.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

9. Quote Originally Posted by wolf_fire View Post
    However, I CC and OC rarely. I have a retention holster. Why? In case someone would try to get it from me before I had time to draw. You use the argument that people will try to take your gun. Well, people can try to take a gun they know about regardless how you were initially carrying.
    Truth
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

Truth
    A subject you are not familiar with...

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

ďOne of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.Ē Ė Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast