What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying? - Page 14
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    That was sorta my point; actually, I was baiting him, you ruined it!

:)

Having said that, his post does start to touch on the real issue, which I'll get into when I can, it's sorta long.
    Ah sorry! I'm looking forward to it though.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most street cops wear a level 3 retention holster so it is near impossible to get out. You have to unsnap, rock forward and lift to get the gun out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    What would you do? Im curious to know what can be done, and your thoughts.
    1. You are a moron and deserve to have it taken

2. You shoot them with your hidden back up gun

3. You try to explain to him/her that stealing your
    gun was a very impolite and bad thing to do
    and that someone could get hurt especially
    children. Then kindly ask for it back and
    give them a hug.
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

ezkl2230 Guest
    First they have to find it. Then they need to immobilize me to take it from its concealement holster. Long story short, not bloody likely.

One of several reasons why I don't OC.

First they have to choose a victim...then everything else goes from there...long story short, the mass majority of criminals will not pick me.

One of several reasons why I don't CC.

“One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

7. Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Ah sorry! I'm looking forward to it though.

No prob!

But it's still contradictory even though I didn't bold the one point: Paraphrasing: "If I OC, neighbors think I'm crazy >>>> 175 NRA - we're good." The poster has a pretty low expectation if he thinks that simply carrying a gun will cause his neighbors to think he's crazy, but on the other hand, thinks it's all good since they're all NRA members. Again, this is the side issue.

Quote Originally Posted by walknotinfear View Post
    Most street cops wear a level 3 retention holster so it is near impossible to get out. You have to unsnap, rock forward and lift to get the gun out.
    Interesting... in my neck of the woods, Sheriff's Department wears Level II holsters as do the city Police.

From my experience in my area, I would assume (I do not know) that most cops would be required to wear the Level II holster.

Do you have information to cite on this? I'd be very interested in reading what other departments use.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

9. I bought a special holster with a hidden thumb release located at the exact spot that your thumb will rest anyways while drawing your weapon, this should give me a head start if someone would try to grab my gun, my only concern is that it is a belt clip on and not a slide on holster so they might actually get it off my waist but I will be fighting for my life the whole time. I understand that this is 1 time that you would be justified in lethal force to protect your own life if you felt threatened to that level. If I am mistaken please let me know about the legality of that action. I also bought a UZI fighting pen as a last ditch effort to try to stay in the game. This is 1 dog that will not go down with his tail between his legs.Sorry mr. badguy but you will be joining your ancestors very quickly.

10. Am I wrong or right... I though I had read that at minimum, a person can be charged with assualt for trying.

This is something else I pray never happens cause ether them or I is going to need a doctor real fast
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast