What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying? - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    For what it's worth, if someone can grab your carry weapon, you need to be more aware of your surroundings. And I have carried daily for 30+ years, working and not working, and never had anyone grab my gun.
    I would argue, like above, that most people aren't stupid enough to grab a gun from someone's hip unless there's an element of desperation. There's easier ways to get one. With all due respect, just because no one ever did doesn't mean that they never could.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD13 View Post
    For what it's worth, if someone can grab your carry weapon, you need to be more aware of your surroundings. And I have carried daily for 30+ years, working and not working, and never had anyone grab my gun.
    Thank's for the input...

But I was completely aware that the small boy and his mom were both standing behind me in line at the Subway sandwich shop.

Also, my right forearm was resting atop my sidearm as I stood in line (as it always did habitually).
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

Retention holster and CQC up close and personal.

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

5. Im looking for a good OC holster for my XDM 3.8 9mm. So far a Serpa or the XDM gear. But according to Blackhawks website, the serpa only fits the XD. Any input would be appreciated.

sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4

6. the 'gun-grabbing' politicians try to take your 'oc' and other weapons , somewhere everyday...what are YOU doing about it.....and yes it is happening to me and you as we speak.....call'em,write'em,go to their meetings, vote'em out....Semper Fi

7. I think they ask need to be voted out of office

8. On an unrelated topic, how long does it take until your profile pic is changed

Thinking more along the lines of a physical reaction to someone touching or grabbing at your gun, your very first reaction should be to force the gun into your holster. Doesn't matter if the touch was intentional or not, and if it was a kid, this initial reaction will probably not hurt the kid unless you squash a finger ("hot stove" type lesson learned on the kids part).
    -
    There are several other techniques you can learn on how to deal with close quarters combat, gun retention techniques etc., but the initial reaction is important. Since holsters generally protect the trigger, this keeps it hidden and safely out of play. It is also good, if you do enter into a CQC situation that there is not a gun involved unless you choose to bring it into play. Easier to draw it later than try to get it back from the BG now.
    Chief

10. I don't carry in the open, so that's not an issue for me. But my son-in-law carried sometimes in the military. His solution was to keep an fixed-blade kerambit style knife on the other side, blade forward. If someone tried to grab his firearm, all he had to do was lock down on their wrist with his shooting hand, pull out that little blade with his other hand, and slice their forearm to the bone. No grip = no theft of gun. I actually liked that idea and it is now firmly stored in my 'tactical thoughts library'.

I had this happen while I was at work, [Armed Security] I was standing somewhat against a wall, watching something that could have turned into an incident and some older guy "Former LE" put his hand on my weapon and I felt him kinda tug [outwards] I immediately grabbed his wrist and did somewhat of a standing arm bar & ended up taking him to the ground. He kept yelling "ow I was just looking at it" needless to say I wasnt too happy, and he got a bit of an ass chewing for doing it. Afterward he apologized for his stupidity and stated he'd never seen the M&P and was thinking of getting one.
    In civilian clothes, it would depend on the situation and who it is.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier....One died for your soul; the other for your freedom.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast