What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying? - Page 8
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 141

Thread: What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?

  1. #71
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    And what I am saying is that unless there is factual evidence that the average everyday open carrier is in danger of having their gun grabbed by the thugs you are mentioning ... supported by cites and/or links that you have admitted you do not have...trying to equate the fear of bad ass thugs with the fear of gun grabs by those thugs is nothing more than fear mongering.

    Facts are facts. Fact ... there are bad ass thugs. But the fact that there are bad ass thugs does NOT equate to bad ass thugs grabbing guns from open carriers. For your argument to have any validity cites and/or links to actual incidents where bad ass thugs grabbed guns from open carriers would be needed instead of trying to use the fear of bad ass thugs to equate to the fear of bad ass thugs engaging in gun grabs.

    Did you miss the part where BC admitted he did not have any actual facts to back up his argument?
    There's not evidence to back-up everything. And there's no evidence that there is a God. There are no facts. Yet the majority of 7 billion people believe it. Pick a city and dive into the inner-city murders last year. Then tell me with absolute certainty none were related to getting the gun just because you can't find it on the web. Most of us learned years ago that the web isn't reality.
    .
    I watched this on "The Firs 48" just last week. A guy lives on the second floor of an apartment complex in the Pork & Beans neighborhood of Miami. He legally owns guns. he hasn't ever been arrested but lives the thug life. Another group decides to take the guns. A wicked gun battle broke out that started in the parking lot when rivals tried a beat-down to get the gun he carries. He managed to get in the building. A gun battle then erupted between this guy and a group outside. The apartment was shot to hell inside. One of the rival gang members was killed on the grass outside the apartment. They tried to kill him to get his guns. End of show.
    .
    Then there's the perp who attempts a crime and his victim draws a gun. he stands there screaming "go ahead, shoot me," daring him and continuing to advance." This whole argument is based upon whether there are cases you can find on the web? Don't bet your life on it.
    .
    The biggest argument for states to not release information on people with a CCW is because it endangers them from those who would seek to steal the guns. Read about that. I love to bring this up because some of the posters will go batshit. Then again, I don't see many people writing about CC problems. But there's many hundreds of posts about being hassled for OC. I like flying under the radar as best I can. Don't like to attract attention or looks from the general public. The decision to OC is purely yours. Do as you see fit but you won't convince me it's best for m personally.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  2.   
  3. 18-year-old gets 40 years for two S. Richmond murders - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Crime News

    Here is a news story about a man that was open carrying, had his gun grabbed from him and was shot with it. His assailant clearly knew he was armed and chose to fight him anyway. I also seem to remember a story on THR about a guy that was standing in line at a stop and rob and had some punk reach over and start tugging on his gun just to jerk his chain. If I can find the thread Iíll post a link. I think the reason that you donít often hear of open carriers being attacked isnít because the criminals are scared off by your gun as much as because there arenít that many open carriers out there for it to happen to.

    I donít so much object to open carry but if youíre going to do it at least do a realistic risk assessment beforehand. Criminals attack openly armed police officers every day of the year, they arenít all going to be in awe of your mighty boom stick and there are some out there that wonít hesitate to attack you. Iíve had occasion to draw a firearm and have the guy I drew on stand there and dare me to shoot him and I have to say again if they arenít going to back down to a gun in their face they sure as Hell arenít going to back down to a gun in a holster.
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  4. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,419
    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I love to bring this up because some of the posters will go batshit.
    Dude, that is seriously a Crazy Love....
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  5. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    18-year-old gets 40 years for two S. Richmond murders - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Crime News

    Here is a news story about a man that was open carrying, had his gun grabbed from him and was shot with it. His assailant clearly knew he was armed and chose to fight him anyway. I also seem to remember a story on THR about a guy that was standing in line at a stop and rob and had some punk reach over and start tugging on his gun just to jerk his chain. If I can find the thread I’ll post a link. I think the reason that you don’t often hear of open carriers being attacked isn’t because the criminals are scared off by your gun as much as because there aren’t that many open carriers out there for it to happen to.

    I don’t so much object to open carry but if you’re going to do it at least do a realistic risk assessment beforehand. Criminals attack openly armed police officers every day of the year, they aren’t all going to be in awe of your mighty boom stick and there are some out there that won’t hesitate to attack you. I’ve had occasion to draw a firearm and have the guy I drew on stand there and dare me to shoot him and I have to say again if they aren’t going to back down to a gun in their face they sure as Hell aren’t going to back down to a gun in a holster.
    They'll choose to not believe your story. Been trying to get them to understand that OC isn't an issue to a real thug but they don't believe anything that goes against their principals. Personally I think it's Freudian for many who OC... not meant to insult the whole bunch but I really do believe that's part of it for some people.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  6. #75
    If they can pick your pocket and take your wallet, I am pretty sure they can take your firearm. Something to think of, if you are going to open carry.
    I agree, someone has to take out the trash....

  7. Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    If they can pick your pocket and take your wallet, I am pretty sure they can take your firearm. Something to think of, if you are going to open carry.
    This brings up an interesting point. I’m no expert on OC every one I’ve ever seen doing it doesn’t use a retention holster. I’m not saying that’s a reason not to OC but if you are going to do so, use a retention holster
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

  8. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    18-year-old gets 40 years for two S. Richmond murders - Richmond Times-Dispatch: Crime News

    Here is a news story about a man that was open carrying, had his gun grabbed from him and was shot with it. His assailant clearly knew he was armed and chose to fight him anyway. I also seem to remember a story on THR about a guy that was standing in line at a stop and rob and had some punk reach over and start tugging on his gun just to jerk his chain. If I can find the thread I’ll post a link. I think the reason that you don’t often hear of open carriers being attacked isn’t because the criminals are scared off by your gun as much as because there aren’t that many open carriers out there for it to happen to.

    I don’t so much object to open carry but if you’re going to do it at least do a realistic risk assessment beforehand. Criminals attack openly armed police officers every day of the year, they aren’t all going to be in awe of your mighty boom stick and there are some out there that won’t hesitate to attack you. I’ve had occasion to draw a firearm and have the guy I drew on stand there and dare me to shoot him and I have to say again if they aren’t going to back down to a gun in their face they sure as Hell aren’t going to back down to a gun in a holster.
    Incorrect... according to the article the gun wasn't "grabbed" from the OC'er... the OC'er lost his gun to the perp during a struggle. Guess what... the very same thing can happen to someone carrying concealed.

    I never said a gun grab couldn't happen. What I said was for folks to provide cites and/or links to incidents in a number large enough to be more than a rarity. And I said there are decades of open carry in just Arizona to draw from. Yet all that can be found are rare isolated incidents.

    By the way...if OC doesn't deter the really bad bad ass thug nothing would have anyway. But if OC deters the less than bad bad ass thug then that is one less thug I have to deal with. But would CC deter the less than bad bad ass thug? Would it?

    Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    They'll choose to not believe your story. Been trying to get them to understand that OC isn't an issue to a real thug but they don't believe anything that goes against their principals. Personally I think it's Freudian for many who OC... not meant to insult the whole bunch but I really do believe that's part of it for some people.
    Unreal.... you actually have made an implication to the old "they must be compensating for a teeny weenie" crap in a weak attempt to draw attention away from the fact that not only have you NOT provided any cites and/or links to back up your arguments but have admitted that you have no facts.

  9. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan
    Posts
    3,355
    Quote Originally Posted by superprincess View Post
    If they can pick your pocket and take your wallet, I am pretty sure they can take your firearm. Something to think of, if you are going to open carry.
    I'm sure an OC'er could have his gun grabbed but then I'm also sure a CC'er could have his gun grabbed too since that thin bit of fabric called a shirt is NOT Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.

    What I have asked for are cites and/or links to actual factual incidents of gun grabs in a number larger than a distinct rarity especially considering the decades of open carry that has been done in just Arizona. If gun grabs are happening then finding actual factual incidents should be super easy. Yet those who talk down OC because of the fear of a gun grab always seem to come up short on actual facts.

  10. #79
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Incorrect... according to the article the gun wasn't "grabbed" from the OC'er... the OC'er lost his gun to the perp during a struggle. Guess what... the very same thing can happen to someone carrying concealed.

    I never said a gun grab couldn't happen. What I said was for folks to provide cites and/or links to incidents in a number large enough to be more than a rarity. And I said there are decades of open carry in just Arizona to draw from. Yet all that can be found are rare isolated incidents.

    By the way...if OC doesn't deter the really bad bad ass thug nothing would have anyway. But if OC deters the less than bad bad ass thug then that is one less thug I have to deal with. But would CC deter the less than bad bad ass thug? Would it?

    Unreal.... you actually have made an implication to the old "they must be compensating for a teeny weenie" crap in a weak attempt to draw attention away from the fact that not only have you NOT provided any cites and/or links to back up your arguments but have admitted that you have no facts.
    Two sides of the same coin. You're splitting hairs. You're he one not researching fats. I'm not researching anything for you. Tell me you know for a fact that none of the thousands of perp-on-perp gun murders were over a gun. It's a ridiculous position to take. There is no absolute anything in this world. On any given day anything can happen. We're not interested in the past, we're interested in the future. But f you think no one will ever make a play for any OC gun, well... it's your funeral. Carry on. I support the law. I just think it's not always pertinent.
    .
    Regarding the Freud thing? Some gun owners definitely fall into this category. It's not meant as a slur but rather factual based on human behavior according to Freud, Jung, Theodor Rubin and others. You don't have to agree with an opinion. And getting mad about it merely makes it personal... arguing won't change someone's opinion.
    .
    I recently took s post very personal and flew-off at a group of posters. I gave myself a time-out for a few weeks.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

  11. #80
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    7,733
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I'm sure an OC'er could have his gun grabbed but then I'm also sure a CC'er could have his gun grabbed too since that thin bit of fabric called a shirt is NOT Harry Potter's invisibility cloak.
    I would have to agree with this as well. No one is immune from a grab.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast