What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?

1. What if someone grabs your firearm while you are Open Carrying?

What would you do? Im curious to know what can be done, and your thoughts.

The Great State of Texas "Remember the Alamo"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    What would you do? Im curious to know what can be done, and your thoughts.
    What would any reasonable person or decent law enforcement officer do if someone grabbed @ their sidearm?
    It all depend's on the situation....

For example;

If it was some curious child touching my sidearm, then I would simply pull the child's hand away and give the kid a little educational scolding.

If it was some idiotic anti-gun libtard trying to prove some stupid point, then I would probably b*tch slap him/her across the face.

If it was some violent thug trying to grab @ my sidearm, then it's clearly self-defense time.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

4. The Outlaw Has this happened to you before?

The Outlaw Has this happened to you before?
    Nope....Never has.....

Actually, I'm wrong....It actually did happen to me once, many years ago, when I used to work as an armed security patrol officer.

A little boy touched my holster.

I was standing in line at a Subway sandwich shop (lunchtime) and the little boy was standing with his mom directly behind me.
    I felt someone touch my holster and I quickly reacted by moving myself away from the little boy.

Then I looked at his mother (who quickly apologized for her kid's curiosity).

I smiled at the little boy and patted him on top of his head while pointing my other finger at him and saying "No, No, No!"
    The kid and his mom both smiled back at me and I went about my business.

Nobody was injured or killed in this situation.
    Fascist's are Magicians...They can make our Property, our Freedom's & even our Children 'Disappear'.
    ~Outlaw~

6. How long have you OC? And what state do you live in? I also would like to say I like your choice of words...Libtard. I'll have to remember that.

sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4

If you are open carrying then I think it is up to you to be more aware of who and what is around you. If you think that by open carrying someone could take your gun from you I think that maybe open carrying is not for you. Maybe I am being unreasonable but I think if someone gets your OC gun it is your fault.
    One situation that sticks out in my mind was when I was in a Turkey Hill store and this guy who was open carrying was crouched down looking at some newspaper or magazines. This caused the butt of his gun to extend away from his hip just a bit. I had two thoughts. One was if he was aware and on extra alert to his position and vulnerability. The other was if I or someone else could get his weapon before he could. No I didn't try. Everything has it's pro and cons. It's just that you need to be aware and prepared for each situation.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Certified RSO

How long have you OC? And what state do you live in? I also would like to say I like your choice of words...Libtard. I'll have to remember that.

sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4
    I open carried for approx. 14 years when I was employed as both a Federal Reserve 'wanna be' LEO and as an Armed Security Officer in Southern California.
    Now I live in Texas and I only carry concealed.
    ~Outlaw~

Criminals have many other much easier options available to them to obtain a firearm than to steal it from the holster of the person carrying it. Criminals typically are not stupid - they are lazy and will opt for the easiest targets and they are just as afraid of getting shot and/or killed as any other person is. That being said, The_Outlaw covered it rather well.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Situational awareness comes first. Second, summed up well above. Third, the libtard (or whomever else was trying to prove a point) would get a slap/punch and hopefully a charge for attempted robbery/theft.

For what it's worth, if someone can grab your carry weapon, you need to be more aware of your surroundings. And I have carried daily for 30+ years, working and not working, and never had anyone grab my gun.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast