Open carry arguments. - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Open carry arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Advantages and disadvantages are subjective, based solely on the perspective of the person. I won't get drawn into this game of demonizing one or the other mode of carry simply because it's not the one I choose to utilize for myself. So all I'll say is that the person who chooses to CC is probably doing so because he believes it is more advantageous than OC (whether a pro-OC person thinks there is any merit to this person's perceived "disadvantages" of OC is irrelevant as far as the concealed carrier is concerned), and the same goes for the person who chooses to OC.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    I like the way you think. Personal choice, personal preference. That is what matters. What works for the individual is what that individual decides is best for him.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It is more difficult to keep your gun dry in winter/rainy weather.
    Just cover it up as you move from one dry place to another. Do what we call here, the Virginia tuck. Now if you're going to be out in the rain for a period of time, that's a different matter.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoy View Post
    Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    It is more difficult to keep your gun dry in winter/rainy weather.
    Just cover it up as you move from one dry place to another. Do what we call here, the Virginia tuck. Now if you're going to be out in the rain for a period of time, that's a different matter.
    Just for information purposes for everyone...

Some State laws are different... in Michigan it is legal to open carry without any permit of any kind. But covering it up for any reason, like having a store owner request a person cover up.. or even to keep the gun from getting wet, is concealed carry and requires a permit. So a person could be legally open carrying without a permit and the only way to stay legal would be for the gun to get wet.

I would hope folks would be very up to date on ALL the laws in their own State and any other State they may visit that impact the bearing of arms.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678