Open carry arguments.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 73

Thread: Open carry arguments.

  1. Open carry arguments.

    I got into an argument with my buddy who doesn't open carry. He said, its stupid and risky. As an example he said that if a crime IS being committed, that if the person was armed as saw you had an open firearm, that they would shoot you and the open carried fire arm would not act as a deterrent.

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4

  2.   
  3. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    I got into an argument with my buddy who doesn't open carry. He said, its stupid and risky. As an example he said that if a crime IS being committed, that if the person was armed as saw you had an open firearm, that they would shoot you and the open carried fire arm would not act as a deterrent.

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4
    I am afraid that off duty LEO would disagree with him. Most criminals are not that calculating and observant. That is why you constantly see LEO here carrying open off duty and out of uniform.

  4. I would suppose that does make sense. However, he said regardless its a risk. Do you think he is giving the criminal more credit then they deserve?

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    I would suppose that does make sense. However, he said regardless its a risk. Do you think he is giving the criminal more credit then they deserve?

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4
    I open carry for the tactical advantage.

    There are too many variables to say what will happen in any given situation.

    I can tell you this though, I have read two questionable stories about open carriers being targeted for their firearms, and two confirmed stories of open carriers not being targeted during a crime in progress. Thousands of stories about open carriers preventing crimes.

    The risk has always been higher for concealing a firearm in my research.

    Open carrying is at a slightly higher risk of being the victim of a crime committed by bad guys wearing a badge.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  6. Chen- Why would you say the risk is higher for concealment?

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    Chen- Why would you say the risk is higher for concealment?
    Bad guys look for easy victims... they'll look for an easier victim when they see you OC'ing
    If your CC the BG will think your the easy victim
    The news media plays politics more than the politicians do.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    Chen- Why would you say the risk is higher for concealment?

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4
    They get chosen more, whether it's them or their situation, so their risk is higher.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    South Carolina USA
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    They get chosen more, whether it's them or their situation, so their risk is higher.
    Plus 1

    I can't ever remember a "It happened to me" story that stated. "the victim (an OC'er) was able to retrieve his weapon and stop the attack."

    But, I've probably read THOUSANDS of stories that stated "The victim who had a conceal carry permit, drew his "concealed" firearm (yada, yada, yada)..."

    An intelligent person doesn't have to do much research at all to discover far, FAR more CC'ers are forced to use their weapon in a SD situation that OC'ers.


    -
    “Only a rookie who knows nothing about science would say science takes away from faith. If you really study science, it will bring you closer to God.” —JAMES TOUR, NANOSCIENTIST

  10. Or what if someone sees you OCing and calls the Police. Can they arrest you for "Disturbing the Peace z"

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pasco, Washington, United States
    Posts
    6,271
    Quote Originally Posted by SirTapparuni View Post
    Or what if someone sees you OCing and calls the Police. Can they arrest you for "Disturbing the Peace z"

    sent from a Samsung Galaxy S4
    Not anywhere near where I live.
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast