Gun rights supporters "celebrate" open carry law in AR - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun rights supporters "celebrate" open carry law in AR

1. Being an ex-police officer and knowing a few, most agree with the second amendment and wouldn't arrest someone for open carry if it is legal in their state. A chat with a police officer who is just investigating a report to ensure you are not up to no good is a small price to pay for such progressive legislation. Also as more people excercise their right to OC and it becomes common place there will be less MWAG calls and those chats will become fewer. I will be watching to see how crime rights are affected in AR (bet they go down dramatically).

3. Quote Originally Posted by Farmer0885 View Post
    Being an ex-police officer and knowing a few, most agree with the second amendment and wouldn't arrest someone for open carry if it is legal in their state. A chat with a police officer who is just investigating a report to ensure you are not up to no good is a small price to pay for such progressive legislation. Also as more people excercise their right to OC and it becomes common place there will be less MWAG calls and those chats will become fewer. I will be watching to see how crime rights are affected in AR (bet they go down dramatically).
    Thanks for your vote of confidence, Farmer0885. I hope those areas of the state allowing citizens to open carry propagates to the entire state.

I don't know why the vocal open carry arrest threats from Benton County SO, and the ASP here in Northwest Arkansas? I haven't heard about city LE threatening arrest, but they will probably follow the SO and ASP lead.

This is what is so frustrating. OC haven in some parts of the state, and threats of arrest here. Oh well, I'll just keep CC, and be out of sight, out of mind!

I really think that LE in this area has their hands full with the population explosion in Washington and Benton Counties. Sometimes the traffic reminds me of Baltimore and D.C. The transportation infrastructure hasn't kept-up with the impossible traffic flow control here. Point being law enforcement doesn't have the desire to send officers to check-out the hundreds of MWAG, hysterical populace 911 calls.

The lucky ones in more rural areas of the state who OC, hats off! I respect your tenacity and courage.

I wish the Benton Co. D.A.'s office would just come out and say we don't have time or resources to mess with open carry complaints, as they have far more serious issues to address.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense that LE arrests OC'ers here, so they don't become deluged with calls about citizens asserting their rights. Bingo! Infringement of a right, because it inconveniences law enforcement here. I have a few letters (emails) to write. I already heard from John McCain, John Boozman, and Steve Womack this evening about some national issues. I'm surprised I didn't hear from Mark Pryor yet, as he actually voted with the other Patriots' causes. I ripped John McCain over his RINO status, and received quite a detailed "we have to take our country back" itinerary. Maybe he has seen the light?
    I'm a firm believer in two term limits for all politicians; one in office, the other in prison.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12