What's your favorite carry ammo - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite carry ammo

Hornady Critical Duty .40S&W 175Gr

Quote Originally Posted by cgoad66 View Post
    I use Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P SB in my Ruger SR9c and Winchester PDX1 155gr in my Ruger SR40. Both rounds are law enforcement issued and proven. It is all by personal preference and what performs best in your firearm. Contact the manufacturer of the firearm and the ammunition to see what their recommendations are.
    Wal Mart by me had a few boxes of Winchester PDX1, was wondering how the felt recoil is compared to a heavier load (I have an SR40C, my barrel is about an inch shorter, the WWB @ 180 is no problem for me, just curious about the lighter load. i was always told to use the heaviest I could handle.

4. Federal HST

"You are born. And you die. And if you are very lucky in between you get to ride motorcycles."

Except the HST doesn't have the center post. Who knows? It's a newer design and it functions and works well (at least in the tests that I've seen). I'll continue to use it.
    'I God, Woodrow, it's been quite a party, ain't it?

After extensive research, I carry Speer GD 124gr +P in my 9mm Kahr CM9 (used by multiple PD nationwide), and CorBon DPX 110gr .357mag (or Winchester PDX-1 .38spl+P when I can't get the CorBon) in my Ruger LCR .357mag revolver (recommended by Ed Lovette for carry). I have found each to be reliable and accurate for me. Take care and be safe.
    Best Regards,
    "Doc" aka Bill

7. Barnes xpd 185grn +p

Sent from my LG-MS770 using USA Carry mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by BUmmedic View Post
    Except the HST doesn't have the center post....
    I would have sworn that it did. Man, all my bubbles are getting burst in this thread! This really sucks. Now I'm not so sure about all my HST ammo anymore. By the way, the purpose of the post was to insure the round still penetrated after the hollowpoint expanded. That way it would still expand with heavy clothing, etc.
    Posterity: you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it.--- John Quincy Adams
    Condensed Guide To Ohio Concealed Carry Laws

9. Quote Originally Posted by cgoad66 View Post
    bo_leggs, Zombie Max and Critical Defense are one in the same except the change of color from Red to Zombie Green of the tip cap. Make it more appealing to the Zombie Preppers and my 16 year old...
    What!?!?! Apealing to your 16year old????!!!! Lol!! Ok?

Sent from my LG-MS770 using USA Carry mobile app

10. I carry Federal L.E HST .45 ACP +P in my Sig. 220 and Hornady Critical Defense in my .380 Ruger.

My favorite carry ammo would have to be whatever is on sale at Wally World.........
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast