In your face open carry activism... be careful about reading this.... - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In your face open carry activism... be careful about reading this....

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Kinda makes me wonder if the same would work for concealed carry. Walk into an establishment that is posted, make a huge purchase and leave a huge tip, and let the waiter know on your way out that you're carrying concealed, and if they want you to ever spend that much money again in the future, they'll take down the sign.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4

If the sign carries the weight of law, as some states authorize, then the store could call the cops on you for that. I like the idea, but would examine the specific state's laws first.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    I don't know worked for Obama.

If open carry is legal I carry, never had a problem in AZ or NM, except a group of Asian visitors wanted to pose with me in Sedona.
    I hope you did. They probably wanted to prove to their friends that Americans are still armed.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Kinda makes me wonder if the same would work for concealed carry. Walk into an establishment that is posted, make a huge purchase and leave a huge tip, and let the waiter know on your way out that you're carrying concealed, and if they want you to ever spend that much money again in the future, they'll take down the sign.

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 4
    That's a felony in Wisconsin. Best and safest way to do it is to lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by telpinaro View Post
    What about something like this? (Old, so I'm sure some have probably seen it already, but I hadn't...)

And so you don't have to watch it, he recommends starting a group to do community service (clean up a park, adopt a highway, etc) while open carrying.
    Every open carry group I've met since I started a couple years ago has done services such as this. I imagine this has been going on for a long time.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Today my wife and I went to breakfast at Mickey Ds, hooked up our utility trailer went and picked up a bed frame, went to Lowe's and Home Depot for some Things, then later dinner at our favor Mex Place, ALL DAY long I had my Colt commander, (polished with wood grips) on my hip (open) and naturaly everywhere we went I seen people getting a real fast look at it, to the point of being a little funny, and all day nobody said jack to us, until dinner at the Mexican joint, this is a local family place, everybody knows everybody mostly, my wife and I are in there a lot, when a dude at the table across the way from us seen the manager/owner he has him come to his table and in a low voice says that guy over there has a gun and the hammer is cocked, (I carry cocked and locked 100% of the time), he glanced at us and said yes I know, I have one to, a Glock 23 it was concealed under his apron, I was listening to this and about busted out laughing, as I said we had been going to this place for some time, and we had actualy gotten the owner of the place to go to the range with us and get his permit then he could carry all the time and would have to leave the gun hidden at the restaurant, the guy did not seem to be to upset as his table finished there dinner and were hanging out with a couple of pitchers or beer on the table still there when we left, I guess what I'm getting at is if you want to open carry that's fine but go to places that know you, I open carry now about everywhere except maybe in new places that do not know us, only other thing I have to say is I did not open carry in our banks until I had several conversations with the managers about bank matters and just casualy mention that I had a gun permit and carried, and she asked if I had it with me now I said I did, big Glock 31 along with my TCP bug in my pocket, even though it was not illegal I asked her if she had any problem with that she said no, in fact I wish more people did, shes pissed she has to leave hers in the car (bank rules) so I do carry open in our banks and not a single person has ever said anything to me
    Bad Guys of the world beware the next time you think about jumping on a old guy, because its a fair bet he's to old to fight and probably to fat to run, but can put one in your eye at 50ft with his weak hand

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123