Wow do we really look like that from the outside? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Wow do we really look like that from the outside?

Wow do we really look like that from the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by gundaddypv View Post
    Seeing the open carry of battle-rifles makes people wonder if something is going on that they just don't know about. It makes people nervous.
    Battle Rifles?!
    I think you mean....
    Single shot rifles of similar Appearance to Rifles that are used by some in the military but who's appearance is the only thing that the two share as their functions differ In the rate of fire, one capable of full automatic fire (military) versus one round fired for each pull of the trigger (civilian) such as the Ruger Mini 14.
    Am I close or is it that you don't seem to know your terms and classifications of a civilian rifles versus a military rifle?
    Or it could be that you do know but believe that "We, the people" should not be allowed to carry and or own civilian versions of rifles that LOOK scary and similar to the military ones but DO NOT FUNCTION like the military ones that allow for full automatic fire?
    You already strike me as a compromising individual. The kinda guy that's OK with "a little bit" of restriction on my Second Amendment Rights...I mean after all... We don't want to frighten the masses now do we?

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by gundaddypv View Post
    Very good points. However, I think some badguys who are determined, regardless of the threat, to do harm to others would just shoot the OC guys first. That way the perceptible threat is gone. After the OCers get shot, the CCers jump into action.
    It's official...
    You sir are uninformed and ignorant.
    I had been on the fence about you.... Ahhhh.... Not really. You are trolling as far as I am concerned and I think your posts prove that. You are either TROLLING or severely and incredibly uninformed.

4. Most of the rest of the world see us who have guns as being children playing at cops and robbers or cowboys and indians. This is only because of what Hollywood has sent around the world. The reality is that America is a rich land. The hunters of three states only that went hunting this season alone are the largest standing army on Earth. Add to that the hunters in the other 47 states and it is a formidable number indeed. All of us who hunt are expert shots and can take out a target for 100 yards or more with one shot. I know guys who have made one mile shots with an old Mosin Nagant.

Our country does believe in being armed. The right to be armed is written into our Constitution. The rest of the world wants us to disarm because they have forcefully disarmed their citizens. Doing so hasn't decreased gun crimes - it has increased them. We only have to look at the draconian anti gun laws in Chicago to see that ourselves.

Admiral Yamamoto told Emperor Hirohito before the attack on Pearl Harbor "We can never invade America because behind every blade of grass will be a gun" Yamamoto studied at the University of California in Los Angelos. He learned enough of US culture to be able to tell his Emperor that, and he was right.

I do not know ANYBODY in this valley who doesn't have guns. Everybody has guns. Strange isn't it that there is no gun crime here? I fix everybody's computers here and I make a lot of house calls. Every one of my customers have multiple guns. Some of them strap a pistol on in the morning when they get up - just as I do when I go out to tend my livestock. I always carry my leatherman and my 1911 .45 pistol openly. This is not to intimidate people, this is because they are tools and we do have 4 legged predators around here in the mountains. I also have a flock of sheep to protect. My wife and I raise lambs for meat. Wolves getting into our flock would cause great damage and severe financial hardship.

Idaho recommends that if you go into the mountains you take a gun with you. This is a state almost the size of the country of Finland with 1/5th of the Finnish population. Our area has 1.2 people per square mile in a 2,200 square mile county - mostly mountains. We have one Sheriff and 3 depties as our police force. We have almost no crime. So, we should be disarmed?

5. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Battle Rifles?!
    I think you mean....
    Single shot rifles of similar Appearance to Rifles that are used by some in the military but who's appearance is the only thing that the two share as their functions differ In the rate of fire, one capable of full automatic fire (military) versus one round fired for each pull of the trigger (civilian) such as the Ruger Mini 14.
    Am I close or is it that you don't seem to know your terms and classifications of a civilian rifles versus a military rifle?
    Or it could be that you do know but believe that "We, the people" should not be allowed to carry and or own civilian versions of rifles that LOOK scary and similar to the military ones but DO NOT FUNCTION like the military ones that allow for full automatic fire?
    You already strike me as a compromising individual. The kinda guy that's OK with "a little bit" of restriction on my Second Amendment Rights...I mean after all... We don't want to frighten the masses now do we?

What if I'm carrying an M1 Garand?
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

I prefer CC. If anyone wants to OC then I have no problem with that at all. But we should not hammer on each other just because they do not believe or carry the same way. The same goes for guns. We each have and prefer different guns. Some like Glocks and some do not. I have a Glock so does that mean that I believe everyone who does not have or like Glocks are bad? No it does not. We tell anyone who asks what kind of gun they should carry to go to a range that rents guns and try them out and chose which gun you like and feel good with. The same goes for CC and OC. The main thing is to CARRY! How each chooses to carry is what feels right for them.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gundaddypv View Post
    Very good points. However, I think some badguys who are determined, regardless of the threat, to do harm to others would just shoot the OC guys first. That way the perceptible threat is gone. After the OCers get shot, the CCers jump into action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatherer View Post
    I tend to agree. We have concealed carry here in SC. and I've had mine since the beginning. Even if we could open carry, I wouldn't. To obvious of a target. Just my opinion.
    And we are all still waiting of just one example of these theories happening in real life... as we have been for years.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Hey, like I stated bikenut...it's just 'my' opinion. To each their own. I just wouldn't open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatherer View Post
    Hey, like I stated bikenut...it's just 'my' opinion. To each their own. I just wouldn't open carry.
    I understand that it is "your opinion" and you are entitled to your opinion... I just want folks who read your and my postings to see that an "opinion" may not be based in actual "fact" because all too often people read an "opinion" and do not bother to question whether there is any factual basis for it.

As far as how you, or anyone else, carries..... I honestly don't much care since it truly is a personal decision that should be made based on facts/circumstances/factors each person has to deal with in their own lives. And I replied to your and gundaddypv's posts because I really hope folks have facts, not myths or opinions about being targeted or shot first, from which to base their decisions on.

I apologize if my quest to counter myths and opinions with appeals for folks to provide actual facts has offended you.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others.

It seems to me that most if not all anti OC posters think that those who would OC are ballsy or crazy for putting themselves in that situation on purpose.
    ~
    With those thoughts in mind and the generally accepted fact that most if not all criminals would if given a choice would prefer to assault/accost an UNARMED individual. Would just not play with anyone's theory that a criminal would attack an OC first in a robbery to eliminate their threat. They would be more likely than not to avoid contact and look for someone else that was not armed or appear not to be armed. After all the criminal is going to think as well that someone OCing is just a little to ballsy or crazy to confront. They just want you belongings, they don't want to die or get hurt in the process.
    ~
    This has been pointed out before numerous time in the past and yet anti OCers simply ignore the logic and continue to attack those who have made a conscious choice to exercise their right to OC.
    ~
    I am sorry I can not site any statistics regarding the phenomenon, but criminals just won't speak up when they have decided to move on to a more obviously easier target.
    ~
    So keep in mind the next time you see one of us open carrying, were crazy, don't ya know.
    I'd rather be a Conservative Nutjob. Than a Liberal with NO Nuts & NO Job

After I wrote The Open Carry Argument I've had a few people privately admit that their rationale for disliking open carry was primarily due to being uncomfortable with it. They said it was because they wanted the 'element of surprise' or because they feared being shot first, but they were just too ashamed (for lack of a better word) to admit it was because they just flat-out weren't comfortable.

So now, whenever someone proclaims an irrational reason, like surprise or shot first- but cannot support it, I have to suspect they aren't being honest. But isn't that true for any subject? Whenever someone dislikes something (or someone) but cannot generate a rational explanation for it, and resort to irrational fear, they are hiding something.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast