Wow do we really look like that from the outside? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Wow do we really look like that from the outside?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Dollar View Post
    What if I'm carrying an M1 Garand?
    Then I would be very, very jealous!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatherer View Post
    Hey, like I stated bikenut...it's just 'my' opinion. To each their own. I just wouldn't open carry.
    I'll bet that you neither have the situational awareness required for OC or the skills to defeat an attempted gun grab.
    As such, you hide your weapon so it isn't taken from you and then USED on you.

4. Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Then I would be very, very jealous!

On a completely unrelated side note I've always wondered why no one is producing an M1 copy these days like Auto Ordanace is with the M1 Carbine. I would buy one
    We don't smoke marijuana in Muskogee, we don't take our trips on LSD. We don't burn our draft cards Down on Main Street. 'Cause we like livin' right and being free.

On a completely unrelated side note I've always wondered why no one is producing an M1 copy these days like Auto Ordanace is with the M1 Carbine. I would buy one
    Actually that is a great friggin question!
    I'm with you Johnny! I would love an M1 clone that would actually be affordable.
    Why couldn't Auto Ordinance make one?
    They already make the Thompson's..
    Add another iconic rifle to the line up!

Sent from behind Enemy Lines.

YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    Actually that is a great friggin question!
    I'm with you Johnny! I would love an M1 clone that would actually be affordable.
    Why couldn't Auto Ordinance make one?
    They already make the Thompson's..
    Add another iconic rifle to the line up!

I own both the A-O M1 Carbine and Thompson and can't figure out why they haven't come out with the Garand?! I have a '45 Springfield but it would be nice to have a repo so I could keep the original as a collector's piece and the other as the range gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I understand that it is "your opinion" and you are entitled to your opinion... I just want folks who read your and my postings to see that an "opinion" may not be based in actual "fact" because all too often people read an "opinion" and do not bother to question whether there is any factual basis for it.
    Again...it is just my opinion and I'm not claiming facts as you stated or trying to influence others with it. But it 'is' a fact that I don't care for OC. I'm not arguing that it's more or less dangerous, should or shouldn't be done. And, again...to each their own.

I think no matter the manner in which we arm ourselves, the first advantage goes to the bad guy, by the very fact he gets to pick the fight, and in so doing takes the first shot if he so desires. Our defense comes into play with the fact he may hesitate in taking that first shot, allowing us a moment of warning, and that if he does take a first rapid shot totally unprovoked, our second shot right after his will prevent a third and later from coming our way or anyone elses. It's a lot better odds than going unarmed and hoping nothing happens, but I think we're all aware that if somebody wants to start something in an instant of insanity, they have a distinct advantage over those of us who simply want to be left alone, whether we're armed or not. Stupid people exist, and there is nothing we can do about that, but if we're still standing when they 'act stupidly', we can protect ourselves and limit the harm. Mass shootings would never occur if more, not less, guns were carried by friendlies, in whatever manner.... he may get one of us, but he should NEVER have the chance to get two.

While I am all for open carry, I think carrying a LARGE gun is too much "in your face" to those who wet themselves every time they see a gun. I prefer a smaller on the hip gun so it is not so intrusive to obscenely stupid people.
    That said, Missouri legislature had the stupid idea to allow OC, but allow EVERY municipality to add their own limits. Naturally, you can do it in say, Hazelwood - a burb of St. Louis, but not in St Louis or Florissant but maybe in Berkeley all towns that are neighbors. So, it effectively bans what it allows! Any one else have these problems?

Rik

I only carry full size in your face handguns. I want all the advantages I can get, longer barrel, higher capacity, longer sight radius, better grip etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Rikster View Post
    While I am all for open carry, I think carrying a LARGE gun is too much "in your face" to those who wet themselves every time they see a gun. I prefer a smaller on the hip gun so it is not so intrusive to obscenely stupid people.
    That said, Missouri legislature had the stupid idea to allow OC, but allow EVERY municipality to add their own limits. Naturally, you can do it in say, Hazelwood - a burb of St. Louis, but not in St Louis or Florissant but maybe in Berkeley all towns that are neighbors. So, it effectively bans what it allows! Any one else have these problems?

Rik
    Fortunately Michigan has a "pre emption" law that does not allow any entity other than the legislature itself to make gun laws. That "pre emption" law was put in place in order to assure gun law(s) would be uniform within the entire State.

But as far as people getting freaked out by seeing a LARGE gun? Open carry has been legal in Michigan since Michigan became a State in 1837 but nearly no one knew about it. And until about 8 years ago open carry of a gun of any kind was pretty much unheard of outside of hunting season... and ordinary people carrying a gun in plain sight in urban areas/stores/businesses/down the sidewalk was definitely unheard of. However.... a small group of people got together and began openly carrying holstered pistols and promptly ran into trouble. Some were arrested (illegally arrested since you can't be arrested for doing something that is legal) and the police depts were promptly sued... and the police lost those suits. But the media jumped all over this new "open carry" thing hoping to sensationalize it all. But what the media really did was educate the public that open carry was............. legal.

And people said open carry was just too "in your face" and that it would cause folks to demand even more stringent gun control. Folks went so far as to say those open carriers were just looking for 15 minutes of utube fame and that if they were real men they would cover up their guns so they don't scare anyone.

But what really happened is that now nearly everyone in Michigan knows open carry is legal. The police have been retrained to understand that open carry is legal and that no one can be stopped or harassed for open carry... and the general public doesn't freak out when they see someone open carrying. I've been approached by many folks who THANKED me for having the courage to exercise the right to bear arms openly.

But it was people actually seeing ordinary folks carrying guns in the media and in person/public that made people accustomed to seeing.... ordinary folks carrying guns.

Oh... I thought I'd add this.... please do follow the link and read about the 18 year old who carried a loaded M1 Garand slung over his shoulder in Birmingham Michigan.

Witness: Troy Teen Arrested for Carrying Rifle 'Was in His Legal Right' - Police & Fire - Troy, MI Patch
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789