What caliber fire arm do you open carry,and why?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What caliber fire arm do you open carry,and why?

What caliber fire arm do you open carry,and why?

I have two 1911,A1 45's a .38 special.357 Magnum,but when I do OC,its a M&P 40 Shield. The 1911 A1 45's are just big and heavy, and the 357,i just never carry no reason for not carrying it.
    After 60, if you don't wake up aching in every joint , you're probably dead.

3. I carry 40 caliber XDM 3 .8. for about four years now, looking at picking up my second pistol, and it will be 40 too.

Why 40, I didn't know any better and that's what I picked. I like it and I'm not about to change.

I don't open carry too much but that's why am going to go to the single stack to make that more of an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess this is more about pistol weight than caliber.

Otherwise, I would say carry the same caliber open or concealed, unless you have a practical need to carry a different caliber. For example, if your .357 Magnum revolver has a longer barrel, then it is a recommended carry gun against four-legged predators while hiking.

Note that a good belt and holster are key to distribute the weight of the gun around the belt and to keep the weight as close as possible to the body.

I extensively talked about my concealed carry setup in this forum before. As for open carry, the only thing I change is the holster. I have carried openly (rarely) in a Serpa holster before, but I am now switching to a Safariland holster. I plan to carry openly more often.

Winter or cold weather it's a Glock 29, summer time Glock 43 now.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

I carry an old Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm UC. Looks like it has been drug by a truck, but has never failed in about a thousand or so rounds.
    PS: Awesome pistolo, Ringo.
    Stop, Drop, and Roll won't work in Hell.
    The truth about the former Republic of the United States of America:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Ioz...ayer_embedded#

1911 .45 ACP (US Army engraved grips-looks good), or Beretta 92A1 9mm (17 rounds).

I carry my Glock 29 IWB or OWB.

Quote Originally Posted by 65nowha View Post
    I have two 1911,A1 45's a .38 special.357 Magnum,but when I do OC,its a M&P 40 Shield. The 1911 A1 45's are just big and heavy, and the 357,i just never carry no reason for not carrying it.
    Carry style has never been associated with caliber choice in so far as I'm concerned. This is a silly thread.

My carry line-up just grew by one. I currently carry concealed, open, and mostly indifferently, so printing doesn't matter.

- Sig 1911 Carry Nightmare (.45acp)
    - Sig P320 (.357Sig)
    - S&W 1076 (10mm)
    - Springfield XDs (.45acp)

Just added a Sig P229 Legion in .357sig but I haven't had a chance to take it out yet. The Legion is a spectacular piece of gun building and I'm looking forward to carrying it.

If I could only get a modern holster, I would carry my 1908 Naval Luger.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast