Is open carry smart, depending on location? - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Is open carry smart, depending on location?

Quote Originally Posted by HKS View Post
    In terms of public and individual safety you need to draw the line somewhere.

So where do you want to draw it?
    Age is not the instrument you want to draw that line with as age is no indicator of compitancy or responsibility.

Many states already have permit classes. Anyone who can pass the class should be allowed to carry, regardles of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Age is not the instrument you want to draw that line with as age is no indicator of compitancy or responsibility.

Many states already have permit classes. Anyone who can pass the class should be allowed to carry, regardles of age.
    Brilliant!

Then let's let 3 year olds carry loaded guns with them.

Brilliant!

I guess the saying, "Easy as taking candy from a baby" won't be possible anymore then.....Is open carry smart, depending on location?

Brilliant!

Show me the 3 y/o that can pass the class and I'll buy them a gun myself.

You rule out the 3 year old because 3 year olds can't typicaly 1. demonstrate knowledge of the law, 2. demonstrate safe handeling, 3. demonstrate basic proficiancy.

I know 30 year olds who can't do that. So show me the 3 year old who CAN and I'm fine with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post

Just passing a class isn't an indicator of competency or responsibility either. It's an indicator that you've been given instruction and passed a test, that's all. It's not an indicator of responsible maturity.

There are some highly skilled kids on the gun ranges. However, do they have mature discernment for knowing when to draw a gun away from the range?

Age is also a factor in legal liability. Persons under a certain age can't be held legally liable for their actions.

Sorry, been away for a while...........................what is the QUESTION? Why the smart @ss post?
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Just passing a class isn't an indicator of competency or responsibility either.
    That would depend on the class.

It's an indicator that you've been given instruction and passed a test, that's all.
    If the test is for competency, and you pass, you are therefore competent. That's what passing the test means and you can give others proof of your competency by giving them an official certificate from the instructor (we do this as part of most permit aplications, btw).

There are some highly skilled kids on the gun ranges. However, do they have mature discernment for knowing when to draw a gun away from the range?
    Yes. Kids Using Guns to Defend Themselves - Examples

Age is also a factor in legal liability. Persons under a certain age can't be held legally liable for their actions.
    Of course they can be, we even have an entire branch of the Judicial systom dedicated to Juvenile Court. AND we have a prison systom commonly called Juvenile Detention.

How could you not know this? Troll?

Quote Originally Posted by NotTwoShure View Post
    Why the smart @ss post?
    USACarry is infested with trolls and is well advised to re-close the forums again, is why.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    USACarry is infested with trolls and is well advised to re-close the forums again, is why.
    Instead of closing the forums again, you could just leave.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Instead of closing the forums again, you could just leave.
    Posts like that are exactly what I'm talking about.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast