Is open carry smart, depending on location? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 70

Thread: Is open carry smart, depending on location?

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    That would depend on the class.

    If the test is for competency, and you pass, you are therefore competent. That's what passing the test means and you can give others proof of your competency by giving them an official certificate from the instructor (we do this as part of most permit aplications, btw).
    Passing a skills and knowledge competency test doesn't ensure good judgment or a mature attitude.

    Young teens take classes in how to drive and pass the tests but they aren't the most responsible drivers. There's a reason why their car insurance rates are more expensive.

    How many of them drew a concealed or open holstered gun that they were carrying? It looks like the majority of them were defending themselves in their homes. An admirable feat of course but not the same as carrying in public.


    Of course they can be, we even have an entire branch of the Judicial systom dedicated to Juvenile Court. AND we have a prison systom commonly called Juvenile Detention.
    It's the parents who are usually legally liable (civilly and criminally) when children are involved in accidental shootings.

    How could you not know this? Troll?
    A different perspective.

  2.   
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Passing a skills and knowledge competency test doesn't ensure good judgment or a mature attitude.

    Young teens take classes in how to drive and pass the tests but they aren't the most responsible drivers. There's a reason why their car insurance rates are more expensive.
    We still let them drive, though. We don't say "no teen in the whole country is allowed to drive", we say "get insurance" and let the market dictate availability.

    Parents could have their child on their own Self Defense Insurance.


    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    How many of them drew a concealed or open holstered gun that they were carrying? It looks like the majority of them were defending themselves in their homes. An admirable feat of course but not the same as carrying in public.
    Your question was of their judgment. Of course my examples weren't of children carrying in public because right now children don't carry in public.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    It's the parents who are usually legally liable (civilly and criminally) when children are involved in accidental shootings.
    You'll notice those shootings occure in the home or car, not with a gun the child was carrying...because children can't carry in public right now. You forget to apply a consistent standard.

  4. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Instead of closing the forums again, you could just leave.
    Well, looks as if we may have some of the same ones pop up in a new "Handle". I took a quick check of the ones from a few years back same old stuff new names. I sure miss the "Like" button.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

  5. #44
    Yes, I can see that in your first month you have us figured out................

    [QUOTE=Genasi;615073]USACarry is infested with trolls and is well advised to re
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

  6. #45
    [QUOTE=Genasi;615073]USACarry is infested with trolls and is well advised to re

    Yes, after almost a month I see you have this all figured out.
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

  7. #46
    Having some technical issues?

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    We still let them drive, though. We don't say "no teen in the whole country is allowed to drive", we say "get insurance" and let the market dictate availability.
    That doesn't negate my point that young people don't have the same level of mature judgment and behavior at 16 years than at 25 years.

    Parents could have their child on their own Self Defense Insurance.
    Anything's possible but I would say highly improbable and unrealistic.


    Your question was of their judgment. Of course my examples weren't of children carrying in public because right now children don't carry in public.
    Carrying is the topic of this thread.


    You'll notice those shootings occure in the home or car, not with a gun the child was carrying...because children can't carry in public right now. You forget to apply a consistent standard.
    Not at all. Your examples didn't support the premise that kids should be allowed to carry, which is what I was arguing against.

    Re: #35

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    That doesn't negate my point that young people don't have the same level of mature judgment and behavior at 16 years than at 25 years.
    We don't use maturity and judgment as standards in the first place, so the fact that children have less of those atributes does not matter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reba View Post
    Not at all. Your examples didn't support the premise that kids should be allowed to carry, which is what I was arguing against.
    Yes they did.

  10. #49
    YES I DID.
    Been a while.

    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    Having some technical issues?
    "Undocumented Second Amendment Supporter, fighting against suppression of mandatory background checks."

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    SC Lowcountry
    Posts
    1,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Genasi View Post
    We don't use maturity and judgment as standards in the first place, so the fact that children have less of those atributes does not matter.


    Yes they did.
    Just to know where you're coming from, how old are you?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast