Here is one guy's OC experience with Bass Pro Shops - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Here is one guy's OC experience with Bass Pro Shops

Not just Ga. and not just Bass Shops

The Bass Shop story gets right to it ... stores can set these policies, but I wonder how they are going to feel about it when sonebody robs then and the police aren't close by? Like the big mess in Mumbai (India) with one or two armed guys coming in at taking over whole hotels...no CC or Class A holders there, and look what it cost them in deaths and damages! There is one food retailer in MA. that fancies itself quite special and its mechandise a cut above all other stores, and price it accordingly in most cases. For all that, they have a "no guns" policy. Period. Their choice, but I hope they don't have any robberies with any injured customers who may later decide to sue based on this policy implicitly putting the burden of protection on the store!

WalMart told me the same thing (in Washington) and I left. But I didn't give up there, even if not shopping in WalMart is no big loss. I contacted Regional and spoke to their head of security. He verified that open carry was allowed in their stores and immediately called the knothead manager (who told me it wasn't) to correct him. I haven't had a problem since. He told me, even though he refused to provide specific citation, that WalMart's rules are to follow the laws of the state.

Gander Mountain in Minnesota has a sign saying firearms must be unloaded and cased "except concealed carry permit holders." The Cabela's doesn't have restrictions, in fact I've gotten into discussions about carry and used my carry permit during weapons purchases, no problems.

I don't open carry because I don't want to lose the element of surprise.

When I go to the Las Vegas Bass Pro Shop, I carry concealed and as a courtesy show my CCW to the Greeter at the turnstile, smile politely and continue walking. Never ever had a problem. I did have one employee THANK me for showing the CCW permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainsail View Post
    WalMart told me the same thing (in Washington) and I left. But I didn't give up there, even if not shopping in WalMart is no big loss. I contacted Regional and spoke to their head of security. He verified that open carry was allowed in their stores and immediately called the knothead manager (who told me it wasn't) to correct him. I haven't had a problem since. He told me, even though he refused to provide specific citation, that WalMart's rules are to follow the laws of the state.
    When you spoke to the regional office did they say that is the policy with all the Wal Mart stores that one must carry open or no? Reason I ask is I am in VA and my husband and I both carry concealed when going in there. As with others, I don't want to let every Tom, ****, Harry, and Jane know that I have a weapon on my person, as well as some of the caliber of folks who do shop there on a more regular basis than I. Maybe I need to call our regional office here in VA and ask that question, though I know our laws state as long as you have a cwp, it is not a place that serves alcoholic beverages, then it was alright. Hmmm something to think about.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cari A. View Post
    When you spoke to the regional office did they say that is the policy with all the Wal Mart stores that one must carry open or no? Reason I ask is I am in VA and my husband and I both carry concealed when going in there. As with others, I don't want to let every Tom, ****, Harry, and Jane know that I have a weapon on my person, as well as some of the caliber of folks who do shop there on a more regular basis than I. Maybe I need to call our regional office here in VA and ask that question, though I know our laws state as long as you have a cwp, it is not a place that serves alcoholic beverages, then it was alright. Hmmm something to think about.
    The corporate policy is that local stores should comply with laws as they apply AT THAT LOCATION. If OC is legal in your state, carry openly. If CC is legal, carry CC. If your local law prohibits carry in department stores, then you can't carry in WallyWorld. Some managers may push stricter no gun BS, but a call to the Regional office will usually get matters cleared up.

I'm a believer in Concealed carry. (keep 'em guessing). If a person is properly carrying, no one will ever know unless the gun is needed for a defense situation because you would never mention, reveal or even touch it. No alarm will come from anyone. What they don't know won't hurt them.

Bass Pro Shop Las Vegas

The people @ the Bass Pro Shop in Las Vegas have never been anything other than friendly and cooperative to me. Maybe that's because I'm also friendly and cooperative. I hand my CCW permit to the 'Greeter' at the turnstile when I enter. They look at it, smile, hand it back and thank me for the courtesy of letting them know.
    Very Respectfully,
    CAPTAIN MIKE
    www.GetYourCCW.Biz

10. If you don't need to have a CCW permit to OC, why would they need to see a CCW permit? Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by mgdell View Post
    If you don't need to have a CCW permit to OC, why would they need to see a CCW permit? Did I miss something?
    The laws vary state to state. Some states do not distinguish between OC and CC. In those states, it is just a carry permit, and is required to do either.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast