Man open carrying was robbed of his gun - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73

Thread: Man open carrying was robbed of his gun

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    If you're going to open carry, make sure you stay in condition yellow and get some handgun retention training. You MUST maintain situational awareness at all times, especially whenever someone is within your comfort zone.

    As a matter of fact, the above goes for CC as well.

    Handgun retention training is important regardless of how you carry. One never know what may happen in an "armed confrontation". You may draw down on a BG and either the BG or an accomplice attempts to disarm you. I'm a firm believer in quality training.


    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Well, for those of you who say that gun grabs from open carriers are a non issue, this story shows that you're dead wrong. Sure, the victim's lack of situational awareness is more responsible for this than anything else, but this would never have happened to anyone who was carrying concealed.
    OK so there is one story. Dude are you like 12? Cause you really irritate me sometgimes like other 12 year olds.

    OK we get it, you dont like open carry.

    Why can everyone just not STHU and let folks carry as they wish?

    If you want to ban a certain type of carry then I have news for you. You are not a 2A supporter but are a compromiser. Your guns will be the first to go Mr Tat boy....
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

  4. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    OK so there is one story. Dude are you like 12? Cause you really irritate me sometgimes like other 12 year olds.

    OK we get it, you dont like open carry.

    Why can everyone just not STHU and let folks carry as they wish?

    If you want to ban a certain type of carry then I have news for you. You are not a 2A supporter but are a compromiser. Your guns will be the first to go Mr Tat boy....
    I don't think Tatt was advocating banning open carry. At least I did not read it that way. As I have said I myself think concealed is better , has more advantages and less disadvantages than open carry but I also feel that if someone else wants to open carry that is what they should do. As the song from the 60's says. "Different strokes for different folks".
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I don't think Tatt was advocating banning open carry. At least I did not read it that way. As I have said I myself think concealed is better , has more advantages and less disadvantages than open carry but I also feel that if someone else wants to open carry that is what they should do. As the song from the 60's says. "Different strokes for different folks".
    I didnt say he was advocating banning open carry. Im just pointing out that he is bent on proving HIS way is best. Guess what? I dont have a preference for either but in SC its CC so I have to CC once the permit arrives.

    Read what he posted again and tell me that wasnt inflamatory?

    It wouldnt happen to someone who was CC'ing? BS is what that is. If they are close enough to have a gun to your head they are close enough to find the gun.

    Hey Tat dude, ever been robbed at gun point with a gun to your head? I have and its not fun. You know when the guy has a gun to your head and first thing starts trying to rip your wedding rig off your finger but its tight and you have to beg him to let you take it off for him. And then he just starts reaching into the pockets (which is where he just may feel your concealed weapon).

    All the while another guy has pistol whipped your wife and left huge scratches on her neck where he snatched the chain you bought her right off.

    Maybe the first guy finds your gun while he is diggin in your pants for cash and then kills you right after mocking you for being a tough guy because you're carrying?

    These threads do nothing to educate. They simply divide. Mr Tat boy thinks anyone who OC's is beneath him and he wants to prove it every chance he gets.

    ALL carry should be legal and not the one you deem best.
    Last edited by AllAmerican; 01-18-2009 at 07:15 PM.
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

  6. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    I didnt say he was advocating banning open carry. Im just pointing out that he is bent on proving HIS way is best. Guess what? I dont have a preference for either but in SC its CC so I have to CC once the permit arrives.

    Read what he posted again and tell me that wasnt inflamatory?

    It wouldnt happen to someone who was CC'ing? BS is what that is. If they are close enough to have a gun to your head they are close enough to find the gun.

    Hey Tat dude, ever been robbed at gun point with a gun to your head? I have and its not fun. You know when the guy has a gun to your head and first thing starts trying to rip your wedding rig off your finger but its tight and you have to beg him to let you take it off for him. And then he just starts reaching into the pockets (which is where he just may feel your concealed weapon).

    All the while another guy has pistol whipped your wife and left huge scratches on her neck where he snatched the chain you bought her right off.

    Maybe the first guy finds your gun while he is diggin in your pants for cash and then kills you right after mocking you for being a tough guy because you're carrying?

    These threads do nothing to educate. They simply divide. Mr Tat boy thinks anyone who OC's is beneath him and he wants to prove it every chance he gets.

    ALL carry should be legal and not the one you deem best.
    It sounds like you have a lot of feels about this matter as do we all. It also sounds like you have been in the type of life or death ordeal we all hope we never find our self's in. But can we get out points across with out attacking another member and putting them down please. I mean we are all adults who come here to help each other out with Information and stories. I respect your views but please do it with a little less flaming of other members. Thank you and Please Post your store or PM it to me ( Private message) it to me i would love to here it.

    THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

  7. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    It sounds like you have a lot of feels about this matter as do we all. It also sounds like you have been in the type of life or death ordeal we all hope we never find our self's in. But can we get out points across with out attacking another member and putting them down please. I mean we are all adults who come here to help each other out with Information and stories. I respect your views but please do it with a little less flaming of other members. Thank you and Please Post your store or PM it to me ( Private message) it to me i would love to here it.
    I find his contempt of OC and the folks who practice this type of carry to be repulsive and un American.

    There has been much posted in the forums here which list the pros and cons of both and we have seen that either way is equally fine and either way may or may not work when the SHTF. So Id like to see these conversations to stop so we can get on to something more important than how you carry.

    What is more important is that folks excersise their 2A rights. Become an activist. I have and its a wonderful thing.

    There is no political issue right now more important to me than the second ammendement. Dont make a mockery of it by worrying about how someone carries.

    So I apologize to Tat guy for calling him out on his mistake. I mean that.

    There really is not much more to tell in my story. My wife, myself and my best friend were robbed by three gentlemen at gun point. It sucked. My wife and friend were pistol whipped and were bleeding. My ring finger was beeding where the guy tried to rip my finger off to get the ring.

    He just went ahead and shoved his hand in my pockets. Certainly he would have found the pistol had I been carrying.

    SA is more important than how you carry.

    Lets move on.
    Last edited by AllAmerican; 01-18-2009 at 07:54 PM.
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

  8. #27
    I agree we probably have spent more than enough time on this subject. This is like some of the other discussions i.e. 9mm vs. 45, revolver vs. auto, dbl action vs. single action, IWB or OWB. We all have our opinions and that is o.k. After a while it gets to the point when we have pretty much said it all and it becomes time to move on rather than rehash and arguing over the same thing.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    There really is not much more to tell in my story. My wife, myself and my best friend were robbed by three gentlemen at gun point. It sucked. My wife and friend were pistol whipped and were bleeding. My ring finger was bleeding where the guy tried to rip my finger off to get the ring.

    He just went ahead and shoved his hand in my pockets. Certainly he would have found the pistol had I been carrying.

    SA is more important than how you carry.

    Lets move on.
    Sounds more like three "thugs" than "gentlemen". Glad that you all survived the attack and were willing to share the experience so we can learn from it. It's sad that we're not safe in "small groups" anymore. Not long ago, the thugs would have overlooked a group of 2 males and a female. Today, it's "anything goes".

    +1 to SA. Be very aware of your surroundings and the people around you. As for "carry method", it's pretty much a "personal choice" issue based on the local laws as well as other factors. I'm all for citizens being armed and able to protect themselves. All I ask is that those who do choose to carry do so safely and get adequate practice at the range so that they don't shoot me by mistake!



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  10. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Parsons, TN
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    To my way of thinking, the idea of an OCer being attacked by a bad guy has never been a "non-issue." It has simply been a "rare-issue." And even if this story is true, I'd say that based on the apparent frequency of such, it is STILL rare.

    If nothing else, it shows the importance of situational awareness. And SA is just as important to those of us who CC, as it is to those of us who OC. When you carry a gun, either concealed or openly, you can NEVER just walk around in public, with you head in the clouds, or up your butt. If you do, you will have this happen to you. It's just a matter of time.

    And I would add, even if you don't pack, it pays to be aware of your surroundings. If the bad guys know that YOU Know where they are, there's a good possibility they will choose a less aware target.
    Al has it 100% correct on all 3 counts.

    ADs and NDs are much more common than a gun grab from a civilian, but no one is advocating not handling or carrying a handgun. Just you need to be more aware and careful.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

    Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

  11. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I agree we probably have spent more than enough time on this subject. This is like some of the other discussions i.e. 9mm vs. 45, revolver vs. auto, dbl action vs. single action, IWB or OWB. We all have our opinions and that is o.k. After a while it gets to the point when we have pretty much said it all and it becomes time to move on rather than rehash and arguing over the same thing.
    Thanks for getting the point. I appreciate that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Sounds more like three "thugs" than "gentlemen". Glad that you all survived the attack and were willing to share the experience so we can learn from it. It's sad that we're not safe in "small groups" anymore. Not long ago, the thugs would have overlooked a group of 2 males and a female. Today, it's "anything goes".

    +1 to SA. Be very aware of your surroundings and the people around you. As for "carry method", it's pretty much a "personal choice" issue based on the local laws as well as other factors. I'm all for citizens being armed and able to protect themselves. All I ask is that those who do choose to carry do so safely and get adequate practice at the range so that they don't shoot me by mistake!

    gf
    Yes, "thugs" LOL I was being facetous.

    I agree with what you've posted here. Good call.
    Kel Tec Freak & 2A Activist
    Grass Roots Gun Rights SC

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast